Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Portugal

James Milner's mascot is bigger than him!!!

Comments

• Options
    Cheers for this!!!! Completely forgot this was today.
  • Options
    You'd presume this will be the starting 11 for the Russia game.

I'd have Wilshere if fit where Alli is, and Alli behind the strikers instead of Rooney but apart from that agree with it.
  • Options
    Another Foreign referee. From Pompeii if you please. Playing against a foreign team and they give us a foreign referee. Blatant corruption.
  • Options
    Disappointed that he's moved away from his 433 that was used for most of qualifying. But I guess that was the only way to get Kane and Vardy in together.

Think a 442 diamond will get taken apart by a team with decent wingers.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The 4-4-2 Diamond is a bold selection by Hodgson. The full backs have to cover a big space.

Defence looks vulnerable. Smalling is a right footer playing in the left centre back position, so will be weak against passes through the Portuguese inside right channel, especially when Rose pushes on and leaves the full back area exposed.

On the positive side, the Portuguese are 4-4-2 and not man-marking Rooney. He should be finding space to play in Kane & Vardy.
  • Options
    how old is Carvalho????
  • Options
    I don't think we should take any spurs players after the way they imploded at end of the season.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

how old is Carvalho????

Nearly 40
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

The 4-4-2 Diamond is a bold selection by Hodgson. The full backs have to cover a big space.

Defence looks vulnerable. Smalling is a right footer playing in the left centre back position, so will be weak against passes through the Portuguese inside right channel, especially when Rose pushes on and leaves the full back area exposed.

On the positive side, the Portuguese are 4-4-2 and not man-marking Rooney. He should be finding space to play in Kane & Vardy.

Need to have Dier covering.
  • Options
    Thinking rolling around pretending you're injured to get the game stopped should be bookable. Should fall under simulation, same as diving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walker and Rose will be key. They are very good going forward.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Tutt-Tutt said:

Dier is picking up the opposition attacking midfielder in the no.10 role, in this case it's Rafa Silva (18). If he has to cover across, he'll leave the central area vacant.
  • Options
    Anyone thinking of an England semi final are dreaming.
  • Options
    What the hell was the full back thinking there?
  • Options
    Wow that tackle haha
  • Options
    That's an unbelievable challenge. Kung fu move. Red card every day of the week.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Dier is picking up the opposition attacking midfielder in the no.10 role, in this case it's Rafa Silva (17). If he has to cover across, he'll leave the central area vacant.
    This is why I have been saying you need a genuine box to box player alongside dier. To cover the no 10 when Dier drops to cover the full backs. But this I why I favour a 433 /4231.
  • Options
    Fair play Harry Kane. Could imagine Pepe reacting in the same way to his head almost being kicked off
  • Options
    Proper tackle that..... Lol
  • Options
    Fair play to Kane who tried to carry on, can you imagine some players would have been rolling round all over the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing flying headkick, great technique but let himself down with the final execution and lack of contact.
  • Options

Anyone thinking of an England semi final are dreaming.

After one friendly?
  • Options
    Unless it becomes one of those 'can't break down ten men' exercises
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Fair play to Kane who tried to carry on, can you imagine some players would have been rolling round all over the pitch

Good thing he did. Under the new concussion guidelines of he goes down he is obliged to go off.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Short of an injury, the worst thing that could have happened. Won't be any sort of preparation now

To be fair we can't say that with any certainty. What if we get to the latter rounds and losing 1-0, opposition then goes down to 10 men. Good chance to practice breaking down 10men although I appreciate the odds of this are remote....we won't get to the latter rounds.
  • Options
    Wimps. Never would have been a card in my day.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Short of an injury, the worst thing that could have happened. Won't be any sort of preparation now

I dunno. Work on breaking teams down that sit back. All about movement and creating openings.
  • Options

Leuth said:

I dunno. Work on breaking teams down that sit back. All about movement and creating openings.
    Yeah, but of course this is more necessary for qualification rather than the actual tournament ft. Germany, France etc
  • Options
    Does Ray Lewington have the cushiest job on the planet?