Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Storm

Comments

• Options
    more coming at around 3 today according to the met.
  • Options
    Great up 'ere
  • Options
    thought this was going to be a story about the female gladiator
  • Options
    1905 said:

Curb_It said:

4 hours sleep due to the dog in fear, thought he was going to have a heart attack. Does anyone else's dog do this? Panting and shaking like a vibrating thing... for 3 bloody hours. Is there anything I can get to help?

And after that journey... woe betide anyone that crosses my path.

My dogs barked constantly all night - even after it stopped they continued. Followed by the train journey from hell. I fancy throwing a few haymakers at work colleagues.
    I used to feel like that about a couple of colleagues, even when the sun was shining and I'd had a really good night's sleep :wink:

• Options
    Canning Town DLR station closed due to flooding
  • Options

What storm ?

One of the X-Men.
  • Options
    Was on duty last night and have not experienced many storms worse than that,we couldnt pump the water quick enough,lots of very damaged properties and a few lucky escapes. Just finished but back in at 8 tonight.
  • Options
    I just heard a rumble and the sky is dark. I probably need to leave to get back to the office without getting drenched but I still have a large glass of wine left. Dilemmas dilemmas.
  • Options
    One of our sites has an underground car park. Well it's more like a canoe park at the moment. 1m deep water

Some London offices are advising staff to go home as there's more coming soon and there are fears people will get stranded
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

4 hours sleep due to the dog in fear, thought he was going to have a heart attack. Does anyone else's dog do this? Panting and shaking like a vibrating thing... for 3 bloody hours. Is there anything I can get to help?

Yes B, Bailey turns into a wreck. Last night all three for the first time ever were allowed into our bedroom. I don't like the idea of giving these calming tablets which basically are sedatives. :(
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What''s the breed?

These are supposed to be good: Thundershirt

As are these

Adaptil for dogs
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

One of our sites has an underground car park. Well it's more like a canoe park at the moment. 1m deep water

Some London offices are advising staff to go home as there's more coming soon and there are fears people will get stranded

Given how late I got in, am banking on leaving long after peoples' commute home...
  • Options
    Really bad again, has been for the past hour or so now. Most of the roads are more massive puddles than normal road, not good news getting home later.
  • Options
    Summer
  • Options

I just heard a rumble and the sky is dark. I probably need to leave to get back to the office without getting drenched but I still have a large glass of wine left. Dilemmas dilemmas.

No dilemma at all. Bugger the rain.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I have some tablets from my vet - my dog's ok with thunderstorm but does not like fireworks. Take about half an hour to kick in, and then she's like she's had a spliff. Slightly dozy and all's right with the world...
  • Options

No dilemma at all. Bugger the rain.
    I did get drenched on the way back to the office but left an empty glass behind.

My only regret was having work to do so I couldn't wait the rain out with some more glasses.
  • Options
    My staffy scratches all the doors to buggery, vet prescribed diazepam , but only works if you can pre-empt the storm, works for fireworks night though
  • Options
    Am I sleeping tonight or am I on 'drip watch' ??

And I don't mean @Gumbo sneaking into my bed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had in mind I was going to be in bed well before anything results would be released.

I'm struggling with that and may end up in a world of pain going straight through.

Probably will pass out around 3.
  • Options
    And it has been so warm and so close.
  • Options
    If anyone's having trouble sleeping tonight, put the news on waffling about the EU referendum, I'm going to sleep as I type.....
  • Options
    Whatever the result on referendum is, the met office app says tomorrow around Greenwich are for sun and sunny clouds.
  • Options

Am I sleeping tonight or am I on 'drip watch' ??

And I don't mean @Gumbo sneaking into my bed

You love playing big spoon little spoon with me tho
  • Options
    Just got out to my local.
    Had to stay with my dog as he was all over the place.
    Bring on the summer please!
  • Options
    Tavern said:

Just got out to my local.
    Had to stay with my dog as he was all over the place.
    Bring on the summer please!

When it's a 100 degrees due to global warming you won't be saying that
  • Options
    Another monsoon downpour today. Is it me or have our summers moved back a month or two in the UK?