Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Storm

Comments

• Options

Tavern said:

Just got out to my local.
    Had to stay with my dog as he was all over the place.
    Bring on the summer please!

When it's a 100 degrees due to global warming you won't be saying that
    Vote leave
  • Options
    Huge downpour round borough green. Main road near me turned into a river. Fireman still pumping water out of people's cellars and basements (those that have them are unfortunately prone to flooding)
  • Options
    Just had a storm and rain of biblical proportions here in Mereworth, near West Malling in Kent. It took the power out and it has just come back on, it looks to be heading towards London from what I can see so brace yourselves. 
  • Options
    INCOMING!
  • Options
    Looks to have gone west first, maybe London bound now though.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Just starting in SE27 now
  • Options
    Had a bit of thunder, bit of lightning and then nothing

Wasnt even the slightest bit frightening

Even the weather is trolling our lives now... I'm gonna rain, I'm gonna rain... Naaaa I dont wanna do that!!!
  • Options
    Due around 5pm Romford area. 
  • Options
    Nothing here in the good old royal borough of Thamesmead . 
  • Options
    Chucking it down here in SW16. But then that what's I get for living here, I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Overcast in SE10 - no storm as yet.
  • Options
    not much to shout about on the south coast, bit of lightening last night, no rain, rain today, no storm. Even the earthquake off Camber has been downgraded to a non event.
  • Options
    Had some torrential rain in Maidstone at last, won't have to water the plants tonight.

• Options
    Thunder and a few spots of rain in the Medway area.

Feels as though it wants to cascade down but nothing yet.
  • Options
    sweet FA in Pembury
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Due around 5pm Romford area. 
    A very light shower. 

No biblical downpours here 
  • Options
    A damp, or a rather a dry squib so far. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It must have moved out Surrey way after hitting here as the BBC is reporting the M25 came to a standstill at junction 7 due to "biblical rain" and hailstones and 19 people had to be resqued from a stranded train in Kent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53760283
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It rained lightly in Charlton for about 20 minutes earlier this afternoon. What the fuck. I need a storm here, now, immediately
  • Options
    Not a hint of any rain or storms in gods own country.
  • Options
    Finally got some proper rain just now (Golders Green). Only for 20 minutes though, and only a couple rumbles of thunder...
  • Options
    I've been addicted to that website since it was first posted years ago. I've watched storms across Europe, Africa, and the US.  It's so addictive. As soon as I hear a rumble of thunder (or something that i think is thunder) I'm on the site and telling my husband where there was a strike and when we'll hear the rumble. 
    @Off_it not sure if you've fiddled with the settings but you can change the view (roads/satellite), add clouds, or add the thunder circle thing that moves out from the centre of every strike. Hours of fun. This is why I'm so behind on the shenanigans thread (and work).  Norwich currently getting it. 
    After my previous message, we got more rain and thunder last night. Was quite exciting looking at that site to see the exact locations of the lightning strikes!
  • Options
    On my way home from the pub last night I got absolutely soaked walking back from the tube station. It was great to feel alive again as I tried my Gene Kelly version of Singing in the rain splashing around. After all, you can’t get wetter than wet. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

That's a cracking website. Ended up spending the afternoon watching a storm head from Maidstone across to Guildford.
    It's a no from me.

I'm in the city and there is currently a cloud as dark as I've ever seen floating over fizzing and cracking as it goes and it's just dumped about a month's worth of rain on St Paul's and surrounding area!

Not a dickie bird on that useless App
  • Options
    Bromley hammering down
  • Options
    Off_it said:

That's a cracking website. Ended up spending the afternoon watching a storm head from Maidstone across to Guildford.
    It's a no from me.

I'm in the city and there is currently a cloud as dark as I've ever seen floating over fizzing and cracking as it goes and it's just dumped about a month's worth of rain on St Paul's and surrounding area!

Not a dickie bird on that useless App
    Any lightning?