Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2016

Comments

• Options
    Bet on Justin Thomas on most events this year - left him alone for this one though and of course he is leading after 4 birdies to start things off!
  • Options
    I'm going up tomorrow, never been to see golf before - any tips?
  • Options

Shout out 'Get in the hole' after every shot. People love that.
  • Options

Shout out 'Get in the hole' after every shot. People love that.
    Or "mashed potataaaaaas" if you want to impress the Americans in the crowd.
  • Options
    For those that don't subscribe to sport channels - it is showing on sky 1 all day!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Plenty of sun cream and a hat even if it's cloudy you'll get weather beaten. Very jealous, it's a great day out.

If you've not seen the pros play before you will be amazed at just how far they drive the ball. If you're on the tee it's really quite hard to actually see the ball in flight at times.

I'd look at the groups in the morning and then pick a couple to follow for a few holes. I then quite enjoyed just plotting up on a Par 3 for a bit as depending on the viewpoint (not been to Troon before) you can see lots of groups come through quite quickly.

Personally quite enjoyed having a watch of the practice range and greens as you can get close to the players.

Enjoy. It's a very relaxed way to spend a sporting day.

• Options

Troon is a good course for viewing (unlike St Andrews).

If you're going for 2 or more days my advice would be to follow a group 1 day (to see all of the holes) and then stay at one hole on the next day (to see all of the players)

By some strange cosmic coincidence, when I have done this previously, my hole of choice has always been one with a beer tent on it ;)
  • Options
    Lowry 2 over thru 5. Terrific!
  • Options
    Bubba casually driving a 392 yard par 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bubba casually driving a 392 yard par 4.

And then a triple bogey.
  • Options
    Lowry is having an absolute weston
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Kaymer ew for me... Paddy paying 8 places and Kaymer top 8 in 3 of last 5 majors. Value at 50/1

CAFCsayer said:

Kaymer ew for me... Paddy paying 8 places and Kaymer top 8 in 3 of last 5 majors. Value at 50/1

Just pumped 3 birdies in a row to go 3 under through 8
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Just pumped 3 birdies in a row to go 3 under through 8
    those were the days :wink:
  • Options
    The Leaderboard is once more looking very American.
  • Options
    Weather for tomorrow, Sat and Sunday is wet and windy, with gusts up to 30mph or touching 40mph tomorrow. That'll make the Links golf so much more difficult, especially tomorrow and I expect to see the yanks going backwards in the main and a few of the Europeans moving up the leader-board.
  • Options

Weather for tomorrow, Sat and Sunday is wet and windy, with gusts up to 30mph or touching 40mph tomorrow. That'll make the Links golf so much more difficult, especially tomorrow and I expect to see the yanks going backwards in the main and a few of the Europeans moving up the leader-board.

Let's hope so RM, would be good to see the course with some proper teeth.
  • Options
    Just looked at my account and Ive put on fucking Matsuyama instead of Kaymer by accident. Fuming
  • Options
    Bit disappointed this morning (admittedly early doors) but weather so far is not as bad as forecast, it is a little windier but not much rain, so c'mon the English summer lets be having you!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bit disappointed this morning (admittedly early doors) but weather so far is not as bad as forecast, it is a little windier but not much rain, so c'mon the English summer lets be having you!!!

We don't get the English summer in Scotland, Red ;-)

We were there yesterday -super day out. Saw Mickelson take the outright lead with birdie at the 14th. Also saw Lowry bogey the 10th and exclaim, "You'd swear this was the first time I'd played a links course."

Will be TV watching for rest of it -hoping the Europeans can make a bit of a comeback.

All a bit overshadowed now by events in Nice, sadly.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Glad you had a good day @Weegie Addick , the wind is picking up now so English, Scottish British Summer is on its way ;-)
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Just looked at my account and Ive put on fucking Matsuyama instead of Kaymer by accident. Fuming

It's easily done when the names are so similar mate.
    I'd had a beer and one was 50/1 and the other 45s... Can only assume that they were next to each other in the betting list. Fuming, hope Kaymer has a mare
  • Options
    Johnston looks like he's Amish!
  • Options
    Very pleased so far with my Stenson bet.
  • Options
    No matter what gimmicks Sky introduce - golf without Tiger Woods, particularly on a dark and grey rain swept Scottish links course, is beyond dull.
  • Options

No matter what gimmicks Sky introduce - golf without Tiger Woods, particularly on a dark and grey rain swept Scottish links course, is beyond dull.

15years ago maybe, not anymore.
  • Options

id say it's the exact opposite of that. I'd like to see him compete at the top again but it's very competitive now.

• Options
    I hope Mickelson wins. I also like Stenson but Phil won't get many more chances. I think he'll have the lead at some point then it will depend on whether he does something stupid.

SE8, go back to whatever sports you do like then, because golf clearly isn't one of them.
  • Options
    It won't happen this time but how good for the English game would it be for Andrew Johnston to win. An ordinary guy just going out there to play and entertain.