Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2016

124»

Comments

• Options
    red_murph said:

red_murph said:

What a putt from Henrik!

I think people from 3 miles away heard me when that went in. Yellow card from the wife for excessive language though.
    If I had a pound for every time today I've shouted 'fucking get in' it would have covered my loss for not backing him. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
    Both have played so well under extreme pressure. Thought Stenson would choke - he still might.
  • Options

red_murph said:

red_murph said:

What a putt from Henrik!

I think people from 3 miles away heard me when that went in. Yellow card from the wife for excessive language though.
    If I had a pound for every time today I've shouted 'fucking get in' it would have covered my loss for not backing him. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
    Both have played so well under extreme pressure. Thought Stenson would choke - he still might.
    Somewhat prophetic!

• Options
    Holy shit. Amazing from Henrik.
  • Options
    Sniff those 50s Ricky, sniff em!!!! :-)
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I almost want there to be a few more holes. Played out of his skin today
  • Options

red_murph said:

I almost want there to be a few more holes. Played out of his skin today
    its one of the best final days I can remember.

I'd be a wobbling piece of jelly over anything past a gimme.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ. Your heart must have been in your mouth on that drive RO!
  • Options

red_murph said:

When the commentator said he won't make the Norman bunker, and 10 seconds later ball was rolling towards it, the wife had no option but to show a 2nd yellow! - what she's doing coming out of the kitchen is beyond me.
    Such fine margins, a few more rolls and up against the back edge of the bunker it would have been a nightmare! Well done on your win.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    red_murph said:

red_murph said:

When the commentator said he won't make the Norman bunker, and 10 seconds later ball was rolling towards it, the wife had no option but to show a 2nd yellow! - what she's doing coming out of the kitchen is beyond me.
    Such fine margins, a few more rolls and up against the back edge of the bunker it would have been a nightmare! Well done on your win.
    Absolutely. Great 4 days golf.

Great putt to finish it off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the best last days ever. Phenomenal golf. Worthy champion.
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing. I know quite a few folk don't like Mickleson but he was fantastic today and very gracious.
  • Options
    Mickleson shot a 65 today. Stenson 63. That on the last day of a major is golf of the highest standard. Top stuff from both players.
  • Options
    Mickelson's score would have won all but 3 Opens ever. With the gap to 3rd he pretty much played like Spieth did at Augusta last year, Kaymer at Pinehurst, Rory at Congressional etc... Stenson was better still though. Fair play to him, he's easily good enough to win another couple.
  • Options
    It has nowhere near hit him what he has done yet.
  • Options
    Nice one @ricky_otto
  • Options
    When Phil first came on tour I couldn't take to him, but over the years I have grown to like him. He is soo good with the fans, spends hours signing autographs for little kids and is very gracious. He didn't lose this one so he can hold his head high.

Stenson, he has had so many chances over the years, but over the last two days he just looked like he was going to win, perhaps it was his friend dying that almost took some pressure off him.
  • Options
    Well Done Ricks,

I have some shocking results in majors on last days, Oostheizen and Mcilroy at Augusta to name a couple.

Well done.