Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Statement: 22nd July

Comments

• I fully support the statement and all its sentiments. It's my firm belief that despite his playing hard-to-get RD will now try to sell the club as quickly as possible. C.A.R.D. have to prepare not only a new campaign to dislodge the present owner but also to offer meaningful assurances of the utmost goodwill to whomsoever our new guv'nor will be. That all requires a very careful and mature touch.

This will be a long old season but imho ultimately a successful one both on and off the pitch. I look forward to BDL's restoration to the touchline accompanied for once not by TRRR but by the first few notes of Beethoven's Fifth ....
  • Good statement from CARD.

I am not fully supportive of the statement. KM has shown contempt for the supporters and an inability to carry out the role of CEO. The statement and intention should remain that she must be removed.
    My feeling is the statement takes pressure off RD and KM.
    let's say if the sofa is there for game 1 then she shows nothing has been learned.

Squirrel face is going nowhere.

If she is still here after the Liar bedsheet, she is here for the long haul I'm afraid.
    My fear is that Roland Duchatelet will ruin the club, if it hasn't been ruined already.

There is no way to stop him.

The only thing is to either wait for him to die (I don't wish death on people)

Then his kids will hopefully sell the asset as quickly as possible because it's losing them money and it's a pointless thing for them to own.

Getting Meire to resign is the big one. That will really send a message. That might make him seriously consider things.

Something that is probably more of a challenge then 1st thought.

She is not a strong individual. She is a weak individual and she believes the fact that she still opposes the fans overwhelming wishes for her to leave, she is still in the job, makes her a strong individual...and it has probably impressed Roland. He is impressed the "thick skin" and stubbornness she has demonstrated throughout all of this... That is what she holds on to, that is her motivator, to keep impressing RD.

Pass the sick bucket please.

I absolutely a million percent garuntee that Meire would have at atleast one point tried to discuss the idea of her leaving charlton but RD would have talked her out of it and gave her new found confidence she didn't deserve.
  • I thought the whole protest was against RD and KM and how the club is being run on and off the pitch. It was stated that it definitely isn't just about poor match results or league position.

Now, as our preseason squad building seems to be following the same pattern as the last two years in building a squad with little depth, we are advised to move to wait and see how we get on jn the first month of the season! To me that will suggest to people outside Charlton that it is really only about results. I hope we do well in the league, I quite like Russell Slade and think he will certainly do his best, and has more chance than all the previous managers since Chris Powell due to his experience. I am a bit confused at this stance now though .
  • Card are in for a shock this season I think, they won't get the following they did
    last season, and the protests that have been most productive will fail with no one there to take part.

A large section of support don't live anywhere near the valley and won't go to just protest then go home.

It is a shame but I feel we had our chance and now is the time to be more disruptive in more creative ways and with smaller numbers.

Anyway good statement none the less. Good luck to all taking part in any protests at the valley next season.
  • Good sensible approach from CARD who now have my full support again. Promotion has to be in our interests and must be given every chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

Good statement from CARD.

I am not fully supportive of the statement. KM has shown contempt for the supporters and an inability to carry out the role of CEO. The statement and intention should remain that she must be removed.
    My feeling is the statement takes pressure off RD and KM.
    let's say if the sofa is there for game 1 then she shows nothing has been learned.

Squirrel face is going nowhere.

If she is still here after the Liar bedsheet, she is here for the long haul I'm afraid.
    My fear is that Roland Duchatelet will ruin the club, if it hasn't been ruined already.

There is no way to stop him.

The only thing is to either wait for him to die (I don't wish death on people)

Then his kids will hopefully sell the asset as quickly as possible because it's losing them money and it's a pointless thing for them to own.

Getting Meire to resign is the big one. That will really send a message. That might make him seriously consider things.

Something that is probably more of a challenge then 1st thought.

She is not a strong individual. She is a weak individual and she believes the fact that she still opposes the fans overwhelming wishes for her to leave, she is still in the job, makes her a strong individual...and it has probably impressed Roland. He is impressed the "thick skin" and stubbornness she has demonstrated throughout all of this... That is what she holds on to, that is her motivator, to keep impressing RD.

Pass the sick bucket please.

I absolutely a million percent garuntee that Meire would have at atleast one point tried to discuss the idea of her leaving charlton but RD would have talked her out of it and gave her new found confidence she didn't deserve.
    Agree with you totally.

My worry is that once Duchatelet sells he will cripple us. I am concerned we could ultimately flounder in the bottom two divisions for years.
  • BDL said:

Good statement, no Charlton fan wants the team to fail and we all want Russell Slade to be successful.

It's very much in our interests for the team to do well this season and get back to the Championship as the alternative is the continuing demise of our club.

For me it's always been a case of back the team and not the regime. Players have said that they are not affected by the protests, in fact those who have left have indicated their support for the fans.

My fear is the interference will continue, I don't think Roly can help himself. If it does I can't see Slade sticking around.

The one thing that we, the fans, have to do is stay united in our quest to get rid of this toxic regime.

Unfortunately I can see a division in the fans should we mount a promotion challenge this season.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Card are in for a shock this season I think, they won't get the following they did
    last season, and the protests that have been most productive will fail with no one there to take part.

A large section of support don't live anywhere near the valley and won't go to just protest then go home.

It is a shame but I feel we had our chance and now is the time to be more disruptive in more creative ways and with smaller numbers.

Anyway good statement none the less. Good luck to all taking part in any protests at the valley next season.

Its true that I am not going to trek all the way to Charlton, to attend a protest and not a game but I will make an effort to attend on specific days. It's easy enough to purchase tickets online for non season ticket holders (with access to a computer / printer at home / work).

• I fully support the statement and all its sentiments. It's my firm belief that despite his playing hard-to-get RD will now try to sell the club as quickly as possible. C.A.R.D. have to prepare not only a new campaign to dislodge the present owner but also to offer meaningful assurances of the utmost goodwill to whomsoever our new guv'nor will be. That all requires a very careful and mature touch.

This will be a long old season but imho ultimately a successful one both on and off the pitch. I look forward to BDL's restoration to the touchline accompanied for once not by TRRR but by the first few notes of Beethoven's Fifth ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZi_6FUbo-Q
  • Any sign of promotion and there's plenty here ready to drop to their knees and swallow Roland's amazing adventure right up and make out how great everything is
    And when the inevitable non promotion happens they can point to it took us 3 (or was it 4) seasons to get out last time whilst salivating over our brilliant training ground etc
    #lamefans

Nobody ever became a football fan of any club because it had great owners. It's all about the match day experience(s) and results, results, results. There's no mileage in knocking fellow fans if the team does well and the fans get behind them.
  • Any sign of promotion and there's plenty here ready to drop to their knees and swallow Roland's amazing adventure right up and make out how great everything is
    And when the inevitable non promotion happens they can point to it took us 3 (or was it 4) seasons to get out last time whilst salivating over our brilliant training ground etc
    #lamefans

Nobody ever became a football fan of any club because it had great owners. It's all about the match day experience(s) and results, results, results. There's no mileage in knocking fellow fans if the team does well and the fans get behind them.
    Yes. Results, results, results.

You live in hope don't you? Regardless of the collapse going on.
  • CASACARD. The way forward. Charlton Athletic Supporters Against CARD
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited July 2016
    CARD statement is good, measured & reasonable. It keeps at the core of everything of supporting the team and making it clear all Charlton supporters want success on the pitch and for the team to do well. The evidence of Duchatelet & Meire actions so far, suggest that they are unlikely to bring success, but there is always that remote possibility.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating. The recipe is not looking that it has not changed that much from the previous season so far in terms of squad depth / quality & leaving everything to the last minue. The strength and depth of the squad at the end of the transfer window will tell Charlton supporters the state of things.
  • Do we know how much of the fan Base card represent
  • Not really sure how you separate results and the regime. It is cause and effect.

Poor management off the field has caused bad results and relegation, and in turn generated protests.

If we start to be successful on the pitch, it will only be as a result of a change of policy and improved dealings within the management structure - and in turn possibly dampening protest.

So to create this imaginary scenario where fans are stupid for being placated by on-pitch success makes no sense at all. Or would some just protest for protests sake?

• vffvff
    edited July 2016
    If Duchatelet maintained all the best players in the squad, got a top quality squad together, made sure all the key back room positions were well staffed (is there a team doctor yet?), got everything in place early, so the team has a chance to gel and this led to a top 2 finish and promotion, then very few would protest about that.

That hasn't happened so far. It could all turn around in the next 6 weeks but the evidence supporting that is looking sketchy.
  • edited July 2016
    vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Card are in for a shock this season I think, they won't get the following they did

Its true that I am not going to trek all the way to Charlton, to attend a protest and not a game but I will make an effort to attend on specific days. It's easy enough to purchase tickets online for non season ticket holders (with access to a computer / printer at home / work).
    Oh absolutely there will be the odd few, but even if a "war cry" goes out people won't bother that's the facts.

I'm not critiscising CARD they do a fantastic job, it is just then need to cast the net a bit more and seek others opinions on protest ideas.

I think there is a lot we can do online and against sponsors, but also abroad I still feel thats where the war will ultimately be won, I would love to see thousands of fans turn up in Sint trident and protest, it would really get Roland angry IMO.

I also think that CARD need to remember they represent the fans and this is a very important role. They are there to represent us and constant feedback needs to be gauged not just from the same volunteers, online surveys are a great way to get people's opinions.

In saying that I must say when I have ideas I float them past @Addickted2TheReds and he always considers them and they are discussed.

I think it would also be a good idea to setup another Woolwich meeting again, as that was great the last time before card existed etc... Let people stand up and talk to fans inform them. Also perhaps someone on a box with a good megaphone keeping people updated at the valley,

Not everyone knows all the facts hence the 5k still willing to buy season tick to.
  • weird well at least 25 of it is
  • The way it's looking September will be fun
  • Will the policy change if Slade goes before then ?