Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD Statement: 22nd July

Comments

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Card are in for a shock this season I think, they won't get the following they did
    last season, and the protests that have been most productive will fail with no one there to take part.

A large section of support don't live anywhere near the valley and won't go to just protest then go home.

It is a shame but I feel we had our chance and now is the time to be more disruptive in more creative ways and with smaller numbers.

Anyway good statement none the less. Good luck to all taking part in any protests at the valley next season.

Its true that I am not going to trek all the way to Charlton, to attend a protest and not a game but I will make an effort to attend on specific days. It's easy enough to purchase tickets online for non season ticket holders (with access to a computer / printer at home / work).
    Oh absolutely there will be the odd few, but even if a "war cry" goes out people won't bother that's the facts.

I'm not critiscising CARD they do a fantastic job, it is just then need to cast the net a bit more and seek others opinions on protest ideas.

I think there is a lot we can do online and against sponsors, but also abroad I still feel thats where the war will ultimately be won, I would love to see thousands of fans turn up in Sint trident and protest, it would really get Roland angry IMO.

I also think that CARD need to remember they represent the fans and this is a very important role. They are there to represent us and constant feedback needs to be gauged not just from the same volunteers, online surveys are a great way to get people's opinions.

In saying that I must say when I have ideas I float them past @Addickted2TheReds and he always considers them and they are discussed.

I think it would also be a good idea to setup another Woolwich meeting again, as that was great the last time before card existed etc... Let people stand up and talk to fans inform them. Also perhaps someone on a box with a good megaphone keeping people updated at the valley,

Not everyone knows all the facts hence the 5k still willing to buy season tick to.
    We are a patient fan base. How long have you supported Charlton?
  • Options
    Lets face it a leopard never changes its spots and this lot haven't time after time, doubt there's too much to worry about
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Will the policy change if Slade goes before then ?

I'd expect so, but a few weeks ago that wasn't in the picture, but could become a likely scenario if we don't get the signings we need.

Unless Russ is a clever lad, and knows,who is already going to sign, and is just playing the fans?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    We have to remember that CARD consists of Charlton supporters who don't want our club to be relegated to League 2, then possibly out of the league. Seeing as the owner and CEO are on this path, it is unhelpful if we assist them in this impending disaster. Of course, with this owner in charge, a time is likely to come sooner rather than later, when we have to step things up to save our club. In the meantime, we need to get a decent start, hope it's enough, and back a decent manager.
  • Options

If people can't see the disrespect this ownership has shown to our fans with their pathetic statements and ridiculous approach to OUR club and are happy to ignore it then they are the lucky ones , we can't make the blind see

"Love is blind"
  • Options
    CARD are a valued focal point for the supporters and mass disgust over how the club is run. Whilst everyone's method of getting rid of the ownership and CEO will differ and CARD cannot represent all views.
    I do caution CARD that the approach appears to be giving in to RD and KM. There is momentum amongst supporters - do not loose it.
  • Options
    I didn't k is Jeremy corbyn's crowd were among the supporters ;)
  • Options
    The more I think about this turnaround the more I feel we will lose momentum. Are we now saying that the regime are okay until we don't like the results? The protests have always been against the regime and must continue to focus on change. I'm sorry CARD but it's a nicely nicely typical and reasonable Charlton approach that I don't follow. Are we really the 2% or are we protesting for the majority of fans that oppose to the regime? If we are the minority then I agree to no longer protest and accept we've lost the cause (Roland and Katrien victorious) but if we are the majority then the minority have to accept the protesting. Carry on Protesting - that's what the fund raising event was all about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

The more I think about this turnaround the more I feel we will lose momentum. Are we now saying that the regime are okay until we don't like the results? The protests have always been against the regime and must continue to focus on change. I'm sorry CARD but it's a nicely nicely typical and reasonable Charlton approach that I don't follow. Are we really the 2% or are we protesting for the majority of fans that oppose to the regime? If we are the minority then I agree to no longer protest and accept we've lost the cause (Roland and Katrien victorious) but if we are the majority then the minority have to accept the protesting. Carry on Protesting - that's what the fund raising event was all about.

Wouldn't worry about waiting till we don't like results.
    With a wafer thin squad it won't take long
  • Options
    No I think we are saying that there will be no IN GAME protests during August.

• Options
    Is it that many
  • Options
    It is still possible to have protests that get under the skin of Meire, Murray and Cojones and others.
    I remember the bang for buck success of resignate, or the Belgium adventures, or the sponsors stuff like coco5. The car park obstruction really annoyed this regime too.
    The Tory party chairman was on Marr this morning going on about the dispute at Southern Railways. He said there was industrial action, but intimated that the increased level of sickness absence was 'suspicious'.
    Maybe a bit of creative thinking is needed. For example if 10 people turned up at each ticket window on matchdays, they might each be able to occupy the staff member for 10 minutes with some imaginative role play, language confusion, deafness, foreign language speaking, fits of sneezes, stupid questions or whatever. The queues to Dover this weekend is a large scale example of the sort of impact pinch point activity can have.
    I am not saying that is what ought to happen, but a campaign akin to insubordination, civil disobedience, bloody mindedness, and such like, might still work. Such a campaign might not make headlines, but would still mess the business up.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is still possible to have protests that get under the skin of Meire, Murray and Cojones and others.
    I remember the bang for buck success of resignate, or the Belgium adventures, or the sponsors stuff like coco5. The car park obstruction really annoyed this regime too.
    The Tory party chairman was on Marr this morning going on about the dispute at Southern Railways. He said there was industrial action, but intimated that the increased level of sickness absence was 'suspicious'.
    Maybe a bit of creative thinking is needed. For example if 10 people turned up at each ticket window on matchdays, they might each be able to occupy the staff member for 10 minutes with some imaginative role play, language confusion, deafness, foreign language speaking, fits of sneezes, stupid questions or whatever. The queues to Dover this weekend is a large scale example of the sort of impact pinch point activity can have.
    I am not saying that is what ought to happen, but a campaign akin to insubordination, civil disobedience, bloody mindedness, and such like, might still work. Such a campaign might not make headlines, but would still mess the business up.

Unless the person queuing behind you is having a bad day, then it may not work
  • Options
    Yeah I can imagine fans wanting their tickets would go mental about that one. I remember a reasonable amount of questions around the sit down protests and whether that would prevent fans from reaching their seats in time.

Absolutely agree with the point though.
  • Options
    A well measured statement with a commendable aim, but if Slade isn't in control any longer by the time the season starts then I think it needs to be reconsidered.

The mind boggles that there's serious talk of having "CASACARD - Charlton Athletic Supporters Against CARD". If that happens then I think I'll be taking a break from Charlton for quite a while.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I'd like to see you do that Seth. I'm sure the poor fans waiting behind you, will be ever so pleased.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

A well measured statement with a commendable aim, but if Slade isn't in control any longer by the time the season starts then I think it needs to be reconsidered.

The mind boggles that there's serious talk of having "CASACARD - Charlton Athletic Supporters Against CARD". If that happens then I think I'll be taking a break from Charlton for quite a while.

CASACARD ? Who's proposing that ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    SE9 Addick

Not seeing much evidence of support for that apart from a thread elsewhere. There wasn't universal support for the idea on that thread either. The Russell Slade post Orient interview sets the situation with the paper thin squad into proper context.

• Options
    se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

Supposed to be on social media, Twitter & Facebook but I don't do either.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

Don't do Facebook but do take a look at Twitter. The majority of CAFC tweets are critical of Duchatelet and the general ineptitude. I think it is more of a personality thing in a dislike of some of the characters involved with CARD / CL. I am not sure it is a pro Duchatelet thing or against the strategy of getting rid of Duchatelet thing.
  • Options
    vff said:

RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

Don't do Facebook but take a look at Twitter. The majority of CAFC tweets are critical of Duchatelet and the general ineptitude.
    I think a certain person is stirring it and trying to put the frighteners on a few people.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

vff said:

RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

Don't do Facebook but take a look at Twitter. The majority of CAFC tweets are critical of Duchatelet and the general ineptitude.
    I think a certain person is stirring it and trying to put the frighteners on a few people.
    Hopefully that's all it is.

Apparently it's picked up momentum on Facebook.. But I haven't logged in in months.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

vff said:

RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

Hopefully that's all it is.

Apparently it's picked up momentum on Facebook.. But I haven't logged in in months.
    Agreed the last thing we need is in fighting whatever your position. At the end of the day we are all fans and want the best for our club whatever that may be.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    RedChaser said:

vff said:

RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

Maybe. Not sure of the reason. Am a bit confused as there was advocating of strong action against Duchatelet a few months back and in general ITTV is / was very supportive for the excellent actions in Belgium. There is a bit more of a balance on the site with a few more supporting Duchatelet but quite a few that don't like Duchatelet.

Russell Slade says that the squad needs a lot of work and he had to argue to get Crofts in on a free. He looked a little exasperated in that interview.

Duchatelet doesn't make it easy for people to like him but I don't think Duchatelet is bothered one iota about that. Clearly Duchatelet is irritated about the little people not bowing to his Alan Turing size genius intellect & his understanding of his football strategy but I don't think he is too bothered generally what people think of him. Difficult to support him when everything is so clearly going pearshaped.

(BTW - Lucky Reds. How do you know if there is anything on Facebook if you have not logged on in months ? Not being sarcastic btw )
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

The inaugural meeting of my newly formed action group, CASACASACARD, will take place tomorrow evening to nip this anti-CARD sentiment in the bud.

Don't like the sound of them, think I'll set up a protest group in response.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Pay the booking fee in coppers, that will keep them a few headaches ;-)