Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have no empathy for Slade

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Shouldn't it be " empathy with Slade ?

Either's fine

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/empathy-with-or-empathy-for/
    Shouldn't it be sympathy for Slade though...
    If the OP wants to write about his lack of empathy, that's fine. If you want to write about your lack of sympathy that's fine too. I don't decide what the OP gets to write about!
    Of course. Just seems a bit out of context doesn't it? Why would he have any empathy with Slade?

• Options
    Couldn't agree more. Knew what he was taking on but just wanted a title and regular pay cheque. He should also take a look at himself and shift a couple of stone. Set an example to his team.....most of whom are just kids!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Greenie said:

Cool opening post!

I empathize with you bro.....
    Leastest worstest... Half the at the all girls primary school

• Options
    To straighten this out

"I have no empathy with slade"

To me, that sounds like what an animal might feel.

For instance, a shark. It wouldn't be able to understand the emotional human like problems to relate to being charlton athletics manager.

"Empathy" is what all human beings feel and have for anyone and everyone even for people you might hate.

Say for instance, if Russell Slade fell down the stairs....but I really wasn't fond of the fella, I'd still have an empathetic understanding where I could put myself in his shoes and imagine that what just happened to him, was perhaps quite a slightly painful, unpleasant experience.

The significant difference between empathy and sympathy.

Hitler had empathy and the fact that he had empathy ..... makes him more of an evil c*nt.

RD is a man that maybe lacks (I'm not comparing Roland Duchatelet to Hitler) empathy ....with football fans, because he has a complete failing to understand the general emotion of what makes a football fan tick.

He doesn't understand it. If he does understand it, and does understand why the Charlton fans protest and could see it coming from a mile away....then he is the weirdest c*nt alive.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

To straighten this out

For instance, a shark. It wouldn't be able to understand the emotional human like problems to relate to being charlton athletics manager.

"Empathy" is what all human beings feel and have for anyone and everyone even for people you might hate.

Say for instance, if Russell Slade fell down the stairs....but I really wasn't fond of the fella, I'd still have an empathetic understanding where I could put myself in his shoes and imagine that what just happened to him, was perhaps quite a slightly painful, unpleasant experience.

Hitler had empathy and the fact that he had empathy ..... makes him more of an evil c*nt.

RD is a man that maybe lacks (I'm not comparing Roland Duchatelet to Hitler) empathy ....with football fans, because he has a complete failing to understand the general emotion of what makes a football fan tick.

He doesn't understand it. If he does understand it, and does understand why the Charlton fans protest and could see it coming from a mile away....then he is the weirdest c*nt alive.

With all that padding, surely he would bounce straight back up?
  • Options

Dave2l said:

To straighten this out

With all that padding, surely he would bounce straight back up?
    Not necessarily :smiley:
  • Options
    braydex said:

Couldn't agree more. Knew what he was taking on but just wanted a title and regular pay cheque. He should also take a look at himself and shift a couple of stone. Set an example to his team.....most of whom are just kids!

Well this is quite strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    braydex said:

What an arsehole, wanting a regular income!

And he's a football team manager not a fitness instructor.
  • Options

I have no empathy with (or sympathy for, which is what I guess the OP means) Theresa May. But, for now, I hope she does well in her new job because she talks a good talk, there's no alternative on offer and my future (and your future) depends on her not screwing up like past occupants of her job have done. That doesn't stop me hoping for wholesale change, and maybe devoting time and effort to assisting those who'll peacefully call for that change through persuading other folk to join them. And frankly, it's sometimes a bit less stress to take a deep breath, a step back, and watch things from afar.

Similarly, I hope Russell Slade does well in his new job as he talks a good talk, there's no alternative on offer and I'm not masochistic enough to really hope Charlton are dragged through the shit with him quitting when the club sink to 24th in the third division. None of this stops me hoping for wholesale change and devoting some time and effort to helping those who are calling for that change, but as with the current state of the country, I'm not going to start hoping for catastrophic failure to prove a point.

Well said, that man (or woman, but the odds are on man).
  • Options

braydex said:

whats strange about it? he took the job not because he wanted to be manager of Charlton, not because he has any affliation to the club, not because he's a local guy or life long supporter of the club or any other reason... but becuase he wanted another managerial job, a 3 year contract, another shot at promotion and was prepared to do that knowing full well what arse holes are in charge of the club, knowing that he'll be expected to say all the right things and do none of them. I'm basically saying I think he didnt take the job for the right reasons and so i'm not going to feel sorry for him when he's moaning about his paper thin squad!

Anyone thinking about taking this job on would have been aware of our Belgian owners and if they really wanted the job, would have insisted upon it being in their contract that they would be responsible for player signings. He was prepared to let that go just so he could call himself a manager again.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

"Least worst" doesn't make sense. Surely it should be "least bad".

You wouldn't say "he's the bad idiot these idiots...", you'd say "he's the worst idiot these idiots...", so if you qualify the the "worst" with "least", you still use "worst".
  • Options
    Is it because he tried to steal the moon that you have no empathy for him?
  • Options

braydex said:

You're right of course. He is a manager. But with certain roles come certain expectations, responsibilities, moral obligations etc. He is overweight and doesn't look fit. Does he get stuck in with training or stand on the sideline shouting at his players whilst eating another pukka pie? Is he entitled to comment on the fitness of his players, if so, will his players respect his slightly hypocritical views?

I'm sorry, but if you want to manage any sports team and expect and demand full fitness from them, you should be prepared to lead by example.

I help manage my sons team - under 10's, yet me and the other dads would never expect any of them to do anything we couldn't do, including simple tasks like running a lap of the field, sprinting for 2 minutes, 5km Park Runs etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Shouldn't it be " empathy with Slade ?

Either's fine

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/empathy-with-or-empathy-for/
    Shouldn't it be sympathy for Slade though...
    If the OP wants to write about his lack of empathy, that's fine. If you want to write about your lack of sympathy that's fine too. I don't decide what the OP gets to write about!
    Of course. Just seems a bit out of context doesn't it? Why would we have any empathy with Slade?

Well of course you wouldn't. You're a spanner ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mourinho is one of the best Managers in the world and was a shite Footballer never made a career at it.

How do you expect him to lead by example when any of his First-Team at Manchester United (Okay maybe not Fellaini) can do anything better than him
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Statistically, people with less hair are more successfull than those with hair...

This is true. We get all the bitches!
  • Options

Chizz said:

"Least worst" doesn't make sense. Surely it should be "least bad".

You wouldn't say "he's the bad idiot these idiots...", you'd say "he's the worst idiot these idiots...", so if you qualify the the "worst" with "least", you still use "worst".
    No. I wouldn't say "he's the worst idiot these idiots", because that makes no sense.
  • Options

braydex said:

braydex said:

whats strange about it? he took the job not because he wanted to be manager of Charlton, not because he has any affliation to the club, not because he's a local guy or life long supporter of the club or any other reason... but becuase he wanted another managerial job, a 3 year contract, another shot at promotion and was prepared to do that knowing full well what arse holes are in charge of the club, knowing that he'll be expected to say all the right things and do none of them. I'm basically saying I think he didnt take the job for the right reasons and so i'm not going to feel sorry for him when he's moaning about his paper thin squad!

Anyone thinking about taking this job on would have been aware of our Belgian owners and if they really wanted the job, would have insisted upon it being in their contract that they would be responsible for player signings. He was prepared to let that go just so he could call himself a manager again.
    So what should be the 'right reasons' for taking over as manager of a football club? If a shot at promotion isn't one of them, then that's strange in itself.

What his appearance and weight has to do with it I don't know.

And I'm not sure what your point about setting an example is all about. Seems to me like since he's joined he's done nothing but set an example. His interview talking about the handbook he's created seems like an excellent idea. Appears he's researched the club really well. Next few days in the transfer window will see if he's got the CEO and owner sussed out as well.
    You make a good point, the next few days will tell us a lot about this seasons set up. I'm not planning on being surprised though.

I would, however, point out that his time may have been better spent letting HR create a handbook rather than him. What's he got planned for the next 2 weeks....writing a user guide for the training ground vending machine?
  • Options

braydex said:

braydex said:

You're right of course. He is a manager. But with certain roles come certain expectations, responsibilities, moral obligations etc. He is overweight and doesn't look fit. Does he get stuck in with training or stand on the sideline shouting at his players whilst eating another pukka pie? Is he entitled to comment on the fitness of his players, if so, will his players respect his slightly hypocritical views?

I'm sorry, but if you want to manage any sports team and expect and demand full fitness from them, you should be prepared to lead by example.

I help manage my sons team - under 10's, yet me and the other dads would never expect any of them to do anything we couldn't do, including simple tasks like running a lap of the field, sprinting for 2 minutes, 5km Park Runs etc.
    If you're a professional athlete and you'd rather compare yourself to the fitness of your manager than the rest of your squad or just take responsibility for your own performance, then you should be knowhere near a football pitch.

Do gymnasts expect their coaches to be able to do triple flips at 50 years old?

Do sprinters expect their coaches to be able to run sub 10 seconds over 100m?

Did the Englamd World Cup rugby team expect Clive Woodward to be able to take down a 20st Kiwi?

Perhaps not...but they probably would expect them to be able to walk to the dug out without needing a sit down to get their breath back.