Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have no empathy for Slade

124»

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Couldn't agree more. Knew what he was taking on but just wanted a title and regular pay cheque. He should also take a look at himself and shift a couple of stone. Set an example to his team.....most of whom are just kids!

What an arsehole, wanting a regular income!

And he's a football team manager not a fitness instructor.
    You're right of course. He is a manager. But with certain roles come certain expectations, responsibilities, moral obligations etc. He is overweight and doesn't look fit. Does he get stuck in with training or stand on the sideline shouting at his players whilst eating another pukka pie? Is he entitled to comment on the fitness of his players, if so, will his players respect his slightly hypocritical views?

I'm sorry, but if you want to manage any sports team and expect and demand full fitness from them, you should be prepared to lead by example.

I help manage my sons team - under 10's, yet me and the other dads would never expect any of them to do anything we couldn't do, including simple tasks like running a lap of the field, sprinting for 2 minutes, 5km Park Runs etc.

And people have the cheek to say we have a problem with the technical ability of young kids in this country. Forget ball control and skills training, as long as they can sprint for 2 minutes (is that necessary anywhere other than towards the end of a long distance race), and do 5km runs at the age of 9 then we're in safe hands. Football's coming home.
    Dont take it quite literally, it'll confuse you.

Unfortunately, we can only rely on the parents to volunteer in their spare time to keep the boys fit, healthy and happy playing in a team where they feel valued, respected and equal.

I'm sure like millions of other parents, if we could afford to professionally train our kids week in week out we would. That said, we did win the league this season, comfortably, with my son being named 'keeper of the year' for his club, the largest in the England, so we're not doing a bad job i guess.
    I dont think anyone is doubting the time that you give to the kids and the passion and pride that you undoubtably have, however to expect a modern pro manager to belt around the training ground is just nuts.....no wonder pros trot out the line 'but you've never played the game'
    I dont expect Slade to belt around the training ground. Just shift a a bit of weight.
    Kind of insulting to Slade, imagine if he said to you 'but I expect you to have played the game as a pro before you coach kids'. But each to their own I guess. I will of course change my mind when you become Orient, Cardiff and then Charlton manager.
    Why is it insulting? the man works in sport. he should set an example and look after himself when, as part of his role, he expects others to do the same. simple
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Statistically, people with less hair are more successfull than those with hair...

This is true. We get all the bitches!
    We do?
  • Options
    God help him if he goes out for a meal after we've lost....
  • Options

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Couldn't agree more. Knew what he was taking on but just wanted a title and regular pay cheque. He should also take a look at himself and shift a couple of stone. Set an example to his team.....most of whom are just kids!

You're right of course. He is a manager. But with certain roles come certain expectations, responsibilities, moral obligations etc. He is overweight and doesn't look fit. Does he get stuck in with training or stand on the sideline shouting at his players whilst eating another pukka pie? Is he entitled to comment on the fitness of his players, if so, will his players respect his slightly hypocritical views?

I'm sorry, but if you want to manage any sports team and expect and demand full fitness from them, you should be prepared to lead by example.

I help manage my sons team - under 10's, yet me and the other dads would never expect any of them to do anything we couldn't do, including simple tasks like running a lap of the field, sprinting for 2 minutes, 5km Park Runs etc.

And people have the cheek to say we have a problem with the technical ability of young kids in this country. Forget ball control and skills training, as long as they can sprint for 2 minutes (is that necessary anywhere other than towards the end of a long distance race), and do 5km runs at the age of 9 then we're in safe hands. Football's coming home.

Unfortunately, we can only rely on the parents to volunteer in their spare time to keep the boys fit, healthy and happy playing in a team where they feel valued, respected and equal.

I'm sure like millions of other parents, if we could afford to professionally train our kids week in week out we would. That said, we did win the league this season, comfortably, with my son being named 'keeper of the year' for his club, the largest in the England, so we're not doing a bad job i guess.
    I dont think anyone is doubting the time that you give to the kids and the passion and pride that you undoubtably have, however to expect a modern pro manager to belt around the training ground is just nuts.....no wonder pros trot out the line 'but you've never played the game'
    I dont expect Slade to belt around the training ground. Just shift a a bit of weight.
    Kind of insulting to Slade, imagine if he said to you 'but I expect you to have played the game as a pro before you coach kids'. But each to their own I guess. I will of course change my mind when you become Orient, Cardiff and then Charlton manager.
    Why is it insulting? the man works in sport. he should set an example and look after himself when, as part of his role, he expects others to do the same. simple

Insulting because his weight has absolutely nothing to do with his ability to manage a team.

Just for clarity here:

Being a football player requires you to be fit and in shape.

Being a football manager does not.
    Trouble is, Akinfenwa looks fat and out of shape at times but (1) He isnt and (2) If he was you wouldnt say it to his face.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Having interacted with you throughout this thread, if I answered (again) and gave you examples and reasons (again), quite plainly you wouldn't get it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Insulting because his weight has absolutely nothing to do with his ability to manage a team.

Just for clarity here:

Having just joined this thread, it strikes me that Braydex has to be in full wind-up mode now, possibly to cover up the utterly ridiculous starting point he chose.

I'm not in full wind up mode at all. I just believe what im saying to be right. that's all. I try and keep things black and white.

Q. Do I think Slade took the job for the right reasons?
    A. No

Q. Should Slade (as an experienced manager) have insisted upon being responsible for signings?
    A. Yes

Q. Do I think Slade is a good manager?
    A. Based on his achievements, I would say average

Q. Now he has a wafer thin squad, do I feel sorry for him?
    A. No - he should have known this would happen. Most of us did. Poor judgement.

Q. Should a manager set an example to his team and try and stay as fit and healthy as possible?
    A. Yes, I think he/she should

Q. Do I want Slade to be successful?
    A. Of course, but in my opinion ONLY...he has to prove himself rather than be gifted my support and devotion. I think he walked into a job no other bugger wanted, just because he was English and had been in this league before. That doesn't automatically make him a good manager and I think ANY manager that is content with managing under the current regime could be viewed with suspicion.

Equally one could ask:

Should a swimming instructor be able to swim?

Should a weight watchers rep. be fat?

Should a hairdresser have manky, greasy, stinking hair?

What im saying is that whatever job we have, we have responsibilities, obligatons and such like that we accept come with the role. If i turned up in my office wearing a tracksuit, my boss wouldn't be happy. If a teacher at my kids school took a class dressed in a gimp mask and latex I doubt any of us would be happy. In this instance, personal or not, I think Slade needs to get himself in shape. Im not saying anymore now gents, i've made my point
  • Options
    braydex said:

JiMMy 85 said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Just for clarity here:

Having just joined this thread, it strikes me that Braydex has to be in full wind-up mode now, possibly to cover up the utterly ridiculous starting point he chose.

I'm not in full wind up mode at all. I just believe what im saying to be right. that's all. I try and keep things black and white.

A. No

Q. Should Slade (as an experienced manager) have insisted upon being responsible for signings?
    A. Yes

Q. Should a manager set an example to his team and try and stay as fit and healthy as possible?

A. Of course, but in my opinion ONLY...he has to prove himself rather than be gifted my support and devotion. I think he walked into a job no other bugger wanted, just because he was English and had been in this league before. That doesn't automatically make him a good manager and I think ANY manager that is content with managing under the current regime could be viewed with suspicion.

Equally one could ask:

What im saying is that whatever job we have, we have responsibilities, obligatons and such like that we accept come with the role. If i turned up in my office wearing a tracksuit, my boss wouldn't be happy. If a teacher at my kids school took a class dressed in a gimp mask and latex I doubt any of us would be happy. In this instance, personal or not, I think Slade needs to get himself in shape. Im not saying anymore now gents, i've made my point
    So therefore, following your logic, Jose Mourinho should not be a football manager. As he was a translator.

Neither should Arsene Wenger.

Two if the most successful managers this country has ever seen...

You are full of it, aren't you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    braydex said:

JiMMy 85 said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Just for clarity here:

A. No

A. Yes

Equally one could ask:

Thanks Adonis.
  • Options
    braydex said:

JiMMy 85 said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Just for clarity here:

I'm not in full wind up mode at all. I just believe what im saying to be right.
    What's the threshold for a manager to be able to their job then? How many laps of a pitch should they do in an interview?

Now that Wenger is 66, does he have to step down if he gets arthritis? Ferguson was in his 70s when he quit, he won the title in his last season but by your logic he shouldn't have been able to do his job, right? How could the players respect an old man who can't run around!?

Obviously anyone in employment needs to be physically capable of doing their job, but a football manager does not need to be an athlete. He has to be a respected leader. If you think the best way to earn respect is to run around a pitch, I'm glad you don't manage me frankly.

• Options
    Sorry but how do you know that Slade isnt fit and healthy... The fact he's on the large side doesnt mean he's down the cafe every five mins or ordering takeaways whilst scoffing junk food every five minutes.

I'm a skinny shite and upon first appearance you'd think I'm fit and healthy but I'm not, I dont have the ability to run 10km quickly anymore and I've always loved my food.

Quite simply its usually your metabolism thats in charge of your body not just your food!!
  • Options
    JJ - "Gaffer, don't you think we should go through what tactics we're going to use this weekend and who we should be picking up at corners? Stuff like that?"
    RS - "Sorry Johnnie, I haven't got time for that, it's leg day."
  • Options
    F*****g well hate people who think your not fit / healthy just on p*****g appearance.

Went through enough of that at bloody school being mocked because I was stick thin: "Dont you get fed or eat enough at home" or I'd have larger mates who'd get mocked: You dont want another donut, you've eaten enough already
  • Options
    Gotta be honest Brad, if we've gotta wait for a manager born within 10 miles of the ground, who supports the club, ain't fat, can run about for 15 minutes and is in it for the love of it, he wants sticking in center mid, not in the dug out.

And to be brutally honest, all charlton supporters are very fat, unless we're counting Barry Whites Socks down the Horse and he works in computers anyway.....
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Gotta be honest Brad, if we've gotta wait for a manager born within 10 miles of the ground, who supports the club, ain't fat, can run about for 15 minutes and is in it for the love of it, he wants sticking in center mid, not in the dug out.

And to be brutally honest, all charlton supporters are very fat, unless we're counting Barry Whites Socks down the Horse and he works in computers anyway.....

Oiii... Didn't you see my above rant fatty!! - I'm a skinny shit!! ;)
  • Options
    braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Like Steve Evans....
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Oiii... Didn't you see my above rant fatty!! - I'm a skinny shit!! ;)
    Are you Barry White Socks?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

1StevieG said:

Statistically, people with less hair are more successfull than those with hair...

Evidence please! Including those who self depilate.
    Two names -

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill
    Sir Alfred Ernest "Alf" Ramsey

I thank you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is slade really as fat as what people are suggesting?

The fatest manager I've ever seen is the New England manager.

I'd only start asking questions on whether slade leads by example is if the squad got really fat.

Other then that it doesn't matter that much.

• Options
    Even If slade chased the dragon in front of the team I don't think I'd care

The fact he may have a tendency to eat five pork pies and a packet of haribos during the first half then wash it down with ten pints at half time

And have the whole chefs specials from the Indian up the road during the second

Still don't bother me he is on a hiding to nothing in need of a few quid and so took the CAFC job no one of sane mind and able body would have taken it

So of course he will comfort eat ffs
  • Options
    What has happened to you lot?
  • Options

1StevieG said:

• Options
    He's a parody and you've all fallen for it......
  • Options

Chizz said:

1StevieG said:

Is that Robbie Fowler there holding the right leg?

I reckon it's his old man.
  • Options

Chizz said:

1StevieG said:

Arthur?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Chizz said:

1StevieG said:

Arthur?
    Is that Ian Beale's dad to his far left?