Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Announcement: Say Cobblers to the 1pm ticket charge

Comments

• The copy in that flyer is awful too.
  • clb74 said:

Can the club pull this offer at any time

Can't see how as it states visit the ticket office by 5pm on the Friday, there is no mention of a maximum number available.
  • edited August 2016
    Oh because Northampton are nicknamed "The Cobblers," I get it now!!!!

• Already got myself a free ticket a la the Burnley game. More than happy to be there for free. This is a genuinely very good idea. He nice to see a fairly fill up valley for less than half the revenue than they would probably expect.
  • Hopefully those taking advantage of the CARD free ticket initiative won't then spend the money they have saved on purchases inside the ground as this would defeat the object.
  • Free ticket, I won't complain.

But I will protest at the game! Sign me up for two
  • LoOkOuT said:

Is it really that difficult to grasp? The free tickets aren't for CARD sympathizers, they're intended to attract locals without much prior interest in Charlton. CARD protestors turning up on their dime is certainly an own goal.

Is that why the card post says for supporters across the country then.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Great idea. No longer an SE7 resident but am happy to act as a technical advisor on all things SE7 so no-one falls into enemy hands. The last thing we need is another Gordon Jackson incident:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0wNl66tT3Q

PS Out of interest what are the terms and conditions at the bottom of the flyer and I wonder what they are going to do with the copies of driving licences/passports they are taking?
  • The flyers are being handed out at Charlton station this morning
  • A useful small protest suggested by CARD.
    The regime has not changed, KM still there and along with RD ruining our club.
    There needs to be protests of coordinated and effective levels. They must be forced out.
  • edited August 2016
    clb74 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Is it really that difficult to grasp? The free tickets aren't for CARD sympathizers, they're intended to attract locals without much prior interest in Charlton. CARD protestors turning up on their dime is certainly an own goal.

I think you are confusing CAFC's aims and CARD's

CAFC want to target people in SE7 (by itself not a terrible marketing idea but as ever badly thought out, executed and not part of a wider plan).

CARD are aiming to subvert that idea and pass any tickets they can get their hands on on to fans from anywhere in the country.

• Hopefully those taking advantage of the CARD free ticket initiative won't then spend the money they have saved on purchases inside the ground as this would defeat the object.

This is absolutely bound to happen imo. Plus if we win (!) some may come back and buy a ticket next time, or even be tempted to buy a ST again, so it'd be doing the club's job for them.
  • clb74 said:

LoOkOuT said:

I think you are confusing CAFC's aims and CARD's

CAFC want to target people in SE7 (by itself not a terrible marketing idea but as every badly thought out, executed and not part of a wider plan).

CARD are aiming to subvert that idea and pass any tickets they can get their hands on on to fans from anywhere in the country.

Sorry misread lookies post.
    Thanks for correcting me
  • edited August 2016
    boggzy said:

Hopefully those taking advantage of the CARD free ticket initiative won't then spend the money they have saved on purchases inside the ground as this would defeat the object.

This is absolutely bound to happen imo. Plus if we win (!) some may come back and buy a ticket next time, or even be tempted to buy a ST again, so it'd be doing the club's job for them.
    The net revenue from the ancillary activities (below hospitality) is really not that significant because of cost of sale and the fact that lots of people who attend will spend nothing on them. The money is in tickets and they won 't be able to develop much new paying support in League One regardless unless the team is consistently successful on the pitch and likely to win promotion.
  • Must you have a copy of the flyer in order to claim the free tickets, or just proof of address and photo ID?
  • Sponsored links:

• Must you have a copy of the flyer in order to claim the free tickets, or just proof of address and photo ID?

I presume you need the flyer as there's a little bit at the bottom that you have to fill in with your details.
  • CARD need people on floyd road and at the ticket booths telling people they dont have to pay and where to go to get the free ticket.

dont target boycotters or protesters - target the paying "masses" who were going to pay anyway.

I think I have the flyer in my deleted email somewhere
    Might be an idea for CARD to publish the form for people.
  • Just noticed they've started doing student tickets. That's me going for £10 then.
  • sam3110 said:

The flyers are being handed out at Charlton station this morning

Aw, so gutted I'm not there, was originally due to be heading back to Gatwick today. Would have loved to have tried the old "I've just moved from America, I'd love to go to a real English soccer game!!! Is this like Manchester United? Or Totten-Ham?"
  • Excellent work as always.

Any rough idea of how many will be available from the Swan?
  • Hi Yoni. I live near Milton Keynes and have not renewed my season ticket this year due to the ownership/CEO problems. I was part of the protest all season, handing out leaflets etc.

Is it possible that I could have one of your free tickets to make my trip to Charlton worthwhile, so I that I don't put any money into the regime. I would donate £20 to CARD on the day, in the pub, as a show of goodwill for the cause and to demonstrate that I am not just after a "freebie".

I would feel reluctant to make the journey to Charlton if I could not be certain of getting a ticket. Thanks.

ps I have been the dope in the donkey suit all season at the protests