Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD Announcement: Say Cobblers to the 1pm ticket charge

Comments

• Options

I picked up my SE7 freebies today. The forms from the club were door-dropped, not posted, so no intelligence re who was getting the offer. They didn't copy my passport but they did find me on the computer so will know I am a non-renewing, CARD-supporting, Meire-hating, Douchebag-baiting, free-loading, die-hard who will be here long after Roly's moved on or popped his duct-taped clogs.

Sung to the tune of Itsy-Bitsy, Teenie-Weenie, Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini?
    Oh yeah!
  • Options
    To all those who have mentioned a donation to CARD in appreciation for any free tickets obtained - seriously, no thanks. All we are doing here is facilitating some "self help" between Charlton fans, and acting as middle-men/women at the Swan in case people are a bit shy or uncertain.

Taking donations, however innocently meant, could be used to paint us as ticket touts - so, please, no thanks.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

To all those who have mentioned a donation to CARD in appreciation for any free tickets obtained - seriously, no thanks. All we are doing here is facilitating some "self help" between Charlton fans, and acting as middle-men/women at the Swan in case people are a bit shy or uncertain.

Taking donations, however innocently meant, could be used to paint us as ticket touts - so, please, no thanks.

Understood.
    For me it's difficult as I haven't managed to secure a free one already.
    Turning up to the swan for that purpose would mean I've already decided to go to the game and therefore if I didn't get one id probably end up going to the valley and paying the surcharge which is the other end of the spectrum to what I want.
    This may already have been discussed but wonder how many others are in the same boat.
    Understand why and think it's a great idea but just wondering how it will play out.

• Options
    I think it's a great idea. I'm still not going though.
    They'll paint it as a success if a big crowd goes.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Have you had much interest? As I am wondering if there will be tickets if I attend. Cheers!
  • Options
    Early days mate. We should be able to give an idea on Friday of how many will be available on the day.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Davo55, Surely if those that got the free tickets from CARD repaid the "cash they borrowed from me" that night in the pub when they were a bit skint, what I did with the surprise repayment would be my business? ;)
  • Options
    If people want to pay something, couldn't you just, off your own back, pay something into the protest fund?
  • Options
    That would seem sensible.
  • Options
    Yes, all donations to the protest fund (nothing at all to do with tickets) would be welcome. And, anyone who owes @T.C.E , cough up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    iainment said:

This
  • Options

iainment said:

This
    Agree. The next match I'll attend will be a large protest match. Would like to see this being the biggest crowd, not when they are painting over the cracks of low attendance with free tickets. I don't mind paying to protest, the atmosphere is great and I enjoy it.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Early days mate. We should be able to give an idea on Friday of how many will be available on the day.

So what's the latest @Davo55, how have we done with the SE7 residents?
  • Options
    Anyone have any spares, send me an inbox please
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    I'm still awaiting for spares from the first page. But it's looking likely, it will be first come first served at the Swan. But I would just like to make sure there are ones before I leave to get there early.
  • Options
    Will we have a decent number of spares at the Swan ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't give any numbers I'm afraid. I do know we had quite a few emails yesterday and there will probably be some late ones today. But demand will be high.

No guarantees. It's a matter of hope for the best.
  • Options
    Erm, Swan at 1400, back of the North for protest at 1330. Can't do both at the same time or am I getting mixed up?
  • Options
    I'm here, where can I grab ticketS?
  • Options
    Thanks all involved from my son and I.
  • Options
    Perhaps CARDs next plan will be one that reduces attendances rather than increases them?
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Perhaps CARDs next plan will be one that reduces attendances rather than increases them?

Why? Support the team and not the regime. Can't really do that from the local shopping centre!☺
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

kentred2 said:

Why? Support the team and not the regime. Can't really do that from the local shopping centre!☺
    The team is the regime.
  • Options
    Q
  • Options
    Is this carrying over to the Shrewsbury game?
  • Options
    Was there a protest left the pub early got to ground at 2.15 and apart from 50 people outside club shop that was it.