Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD Announcement: Say Cobblers to the 1pm ticket charge

Comments

• Options
    Apologies for asking as have been out of the country for a while without internet (there are still some places) so assume the CARD campaigns will resume this Saturday, albeit with even fewer fans in the ground?
  • Options
    Just a thought....

How could the "attendance enhanced by freebies/sabotaged by CARD" triumph be trumpeted for everyone inside The Valley on Saturday to see ?

I wouldn't want the RD boot lickers to think the crowd had been swelled by anything positive from the regime (eg new signings)

Can we spell it out ?
  • Options

Just a thought....

How could the "attendance enhanced by freebies/sabotaged by CARD" triumph be trumpeted for everyone inside The Valley on Saturday to see ?

I wouldn't want the RD boot lickers to think the crowd had been swelled by anything positive from the regime (eg new signings)

Can we spell it out ?

Thing is they'd have to repeat the trick next Tuesday night or it will be very obvious.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving @PeterGage Good stuff, sent a message.
  • Options

Just a thought....

Can we spell it out ?

Thing is they'd have to repeat the trick next Tuesday night or it will be very obvious.
    OK. Maybe leave the gloating until the Shrewsbury match then ?

• Options
    I'm also very willing to pay/donate to CARD for a ticket.
    If anyone has any spares PM me pretty please!
  • Options
    I cant make the Northampton game

Any chance CARD can do the same thing for Shrewsbury please :) Id happily make a contribution to something for an East Stand ticket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I cant make the Northampton game

Any chance CARD can do the same thing for Shrewsbury please :) Id happily make a contribution to something for an East Stand ticket

CARD can only do this if the club are offering freebies that we are able to hijack. Just Northampton at this stage.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Of all the things we can complain about (and there are many) I really don't think ticket pricing is one! Just booked my tickets for Northampton & Shrewsbury. £17 each is very reasonable and I believe cheaper than last year. Although that would be £20 each if bought just before kick off perhaps this pricing should be viewed as a discount for early purchasing rather than a penalty for late??
    I know the regime has made a monumental fuck up of running our club and need to pack up and go but I do think the toxic negativity towards them clouds our judgment sometimes

It's the same price as last year in the £17 blocks.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Of all the things we can complain about (and there are many) I really don't think ticket pricing is one! Just booked my tickets for Northampton & Shrewsbury. £17 each is very reasonable and I believe cheaper than last year. Although that would be £20 each if bought just before kick off perhaps this pricing should be viewed as a discount for early purchasing rather than a penalty for late??
    I know the regime has made a monumental fuck up of running our club and need to pack up and go but I do think the toxic negativity towards them clouds our judgment sometimes

You are mad, if you'd asked a season ticket holder you could have got them for £10 each, anywhere in the ground. Would have saved yourself £14.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Completely missing the point.
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

You are mad, if you'd asked a season ticket holder you could have got them for £10 each, anywhere in the ground. Would have saved yourself £14.
    Doh!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Doh!
    And you would have given Roland £14 less !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be going with my son on Saturday and have not bought tickets yet. Happy to buy them from CARD and will risk the extra £3 charge.

By the way, is the three quid per transaction or per ticket?
  • Options
    Great idea. Have to say not hugely outraged by the £3 on the day charge as my local county cricket team does the same thing and I see it more as a discounted incentive to buy in advance than a penalty for buying late; however any way to get round the charge and hit the regime in the pocket needs to be applauded so great idea.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

But we are in a division lower !

• Options

Apologies if I've missed it as I'm working do only skimmed through it. Card are getting local people to get the free tickets and give them to card. I take it card then expect a reasonable donation (as selling them is effectively touting) with all funds going towards anti Roland activities?

Asking for a donation as a prerequisite for getting a ticket would be classed as selling them.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I picked up my SE7 freebies today. The forms from the club were door-dropped, not posted, so no intelligence re who was getting the offer. They didn't copy my passport but they did find me on the computer so will know I am a non-renewing, CARD-supporting, Meire-hating, Douchebag-baiting, free-loading, die-hard who will be here long after Roly's moved on or popped his duct-taped clogs.

Sung to the tune of Itsy-Bitsy, Teenie-Weenie, Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini?
    Thanks very much for putting this tune back in my head - I have hated it since first hearing it as child and this about sums it up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heAxSmpW0S8

• Options
    A local community club is what Duchatelet wanted in the first place. Giving out free tickets to SE7 is in line with this. He is already reducing the level of football to the standard of his other clubs as footballing success it is not an important part of his vision. He won't be happy until the Valley is filled with the local children and their parents enjoying playground facilities with roundabouts and swings on the pitch but with a small area reserved for Five-a-Side to placate those who still long to watch a game. All other facilities will fall into line to promote a happy day experience.

He is a true visionary and should be admired.

Unfortunately, he is also a madman.
  • Options
    Frontier psychiatrist from Avalanches again?

He's a nut, he's crazy in the coconut,
    What does that mean?
    The boy needs therapy.