Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Making money online!

Hi

Just after some advice really. I have a mate who I work with who started online marketing. Now my initial reaction to him was dont do it, you are just going to throw your money down the drain and first month I was correct after he recorded a loss of £400. Second month he made £250 (so still £150 down overall), now third month he has just cleared £1300 which has made me take notice. He has shown me this so I know he is not talking BS. He says he puts 1 hour of work in a evening and predicts his profit is going to keep increasing. Now we dont have the best paid jobs so I am thinking of giving it ago myself as an extra few ££ would be very helpful. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and could offer some advice, good or bad?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    There are no easy money quick schemes otherwise we'd all be doing it. Is it a pyramid or some sort of referral marketing scheme?

Just be careful
  • Options
    ...if something sounds too good to be true.....then it generally is
  • Options
    A friend did something similar sounding to this with a company called Banner Brokers or something similar. He had some fairly decent returns, making more the more he put in. He tried to get me involved but it smelled fishy to me as I could not see why they were giving him such a good return for doing nothing. A few months down the line he had just drawn out a few hundred quid, overall being up and then they went under/took their money and ran. He got a few other friends involved and they lost a few hundred each.

I wouldn't get involved in something similar in the future as they seem to just operate by giving returns for a few months to encourage greater risk taking and then "go out of business".

Be wary.
  • Options
    You need to explain the job more clearly so we can comment
  • Options
    Whats the company called?
  • Options
    Online Marketing has something like 30 different strands. You'd need to be more specific about what they are doing.

One thing I've seen people make money from is affiliate marketing on a commission basis, but this is often short lived and becoming more difficult now marketing companies are regulating their products more closely.
  • Options
    I've heard this story so many times and in EVERY case it turns out to be scam. Stay well away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell your mate to get his money out NOW. If the job really made that kind of money, why would they let others do it for them?
  • Options
    I thought I had strayed into the Savings and Investments thread! Perhaps we should have one titled Mugs and Scams.
    ps a very helpful lad from Lagos is offering me oddles of dosh he found in an old abandoned bank account. I wonder if francis4England's mate would be interested?
  • Options
    Where do I sign up?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Whats the company called?

Euroboys
  • Options
    While we are on the subject, this Nigerian Minister wrote to me today......
  • Options
    Addicted said:

I dont know about online marketing but apparently there's hundreds of hot singles in my area, all interested in me!

All just a mile away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not that I've ever used such sites, but Live Jasmine (so I've heard) even dodges pop up blockers... and is always (apparently) unmuted. Which is apparently hilarious (or scares the shit out of you) when you're trying to have a sneaky flick of the wrist and you start getting groaning or dirty talk blaring out the speakers in the middle of the night... or at your desk at work.

*Pro Tip Mute the PC/Laptop/Tablet/Phone itself. (apparently)

I must have lived a very sheltered life as I've never had a 'sneaky flick of the wrist' whilst sitting at my desk at work.
    not even to fluff up to impress that fit bird from accounting if she wants a quick glance? You're a liar.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

bobmunro said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not that I've ever used such sites, but Live Jasmine (so I've heard) even dodges pop up blockers... and is always (apparently) unmuted. Which is apparently hilarious (or scares the shit out of you) when you're trying to have a sneaky flick of the wrist and you start getting groaning or dirty talk blaring out the speakers in the middle of the night... or at your desk at work.

I must have lived a very sheltered life as I've never had a 'sneaky flick of the wrist' whilst sitting at my desk at work.
    not even to fluff up to impress that fit bird from accounting if she wants a quick glance? You're a liar.
    OK - I'll admit to a fluff up!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Dazzler21 said:

Me neither.

As I said I don't visit such filthy sites where things like Live Jasmin may pop...

Genuinely, only a fool would do that at work surely?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    like any business, if you're buying and selling good stuff that people want and you market it well .. you should make some nice dough .. I wrote should and not will
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Dazzler21 said:

Same here mate, we have some disgusting animals on this forum...

I mean what kind of savage doesn't take their phone in to the toilet cubicle? I don't want my colleagues seeing the dirty shiite I watch.
  • Options

Hi

Just after some advice really. I have a mate who I work with who started online marketing. Now my initial reaction to him was dont do it, you are just going to throw your money down the drain and first month I was correct after he recorded a loss of £400. Second month he made £250 (so still £150 down overall), now third month he has just cleared £1300 which has made me take notice. He has shown me this so I know he is not talking BS. He says he puts 1 hour of work in a evening and predicts his profit is going to keep increasing. Now we dont have the best paid jobs so I am thinking of giving it ago myself as an extra few ££ would be very helpful. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and could offer some advice, good or bad?

Thanks in advance

From what you have said so far, my advice to anyone faced with your decision, would be: don't do anything until you know much, much more about the opportunity.

This means:
    1. What *exactly* is the deal? (Unless you can explain it easily to a child in thirty seconds, walk away)
    2. Do you have to part with money up-front? (If so, walk away)
    3. Do you know who the company is, who owns them, where they are based and how to get hold of them, face-to-face? (Of not, walk away)
    4. Can your friend explain why he works one hour a week and clears £1,300? And, if he can explain it, can he then explain why he doesn't work 150 hours a week doing it? (If not, walk away)
    5. Can you list which other companies do this same thing successfully? (If not, walk away)