Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Thing is who do you take out of the squad? Harsh on Konsa, who also covers right back, and Lennon is left back cover as well as centre back, and Bauer and Pearce are first choice.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Thing is who do you take out of the squad? Harsh on Konsa, who also covers right back, and Lennon is left back cover as well as centre back, and Bauer and Pearce are first choice.

I guess you've got to take backup players for backup players though.

i.e. if Bauer or Pearce get injured in the warm up you've got Konsa or Lennon who can come in from the subs, but who replaces them on the bench?
  • Options
    Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 7s7 seconds ago
    46 - We are back underway at @CDFSportsCampus. (0-0)
  • Options

sam3110 said:

i.e. if Bauer or Pearce get injured in the warm up you've got Konsa or Lennon who can come in from the subs, but who replaces them on the bench?
    Do we really need to CBs on the bench? We also had chicksen on Saturday another defender. Or Foley to cover RB. How many defenders do we want. I'd much rather have players who can change a game and minimise those who are there just to cover an injury.
  • Options
    Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 2m2 minutes ago
    48 - Big chance for Semi Ajayi, the City defender heading straight at Mitov at close range. (0-0)
  • Options
    I have said it more than once, Texeira and Ba will not feature for Charlton again.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Do we really need to CBs on the bench? We also had chicksen on Saturday another defender. Or Foley to cover RB. How many defenders do we want. I'd much rather have players who can change a game and minimise those who are there just to cover an injury.
    I guess its the variety though and the fact that a lot of the bench can play in multiple positions i.e.

Chicksen: Left-Back | Left-Mid
    Jackson: Centre-Mid | Behind the Striker | Left-Mid
    Ajose: Striker
    Konsa: Right-Back | Centre-Back | Centre-Mid
    Lennon: Centre-Back | Left-Back
    Hanlan: Striker
  • Options
    53 - Another close range header, this time for @CAFCofficial. Charles-Cook heading straight at Brian Murphy. (0-0)
  • Options
    60 - @CAFCofficial captain Terell Thomas diverts an effort wide from inside the area. (0-0)
  • Options
    Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 1m1 minute ago
    66 - Ajayi's aerial threat in the opposition penalty area nearly pays off, heading Kennedy's corner just wide. (0-0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    74 - Double #CardiffCity change: Zohore and Kennedy replaced by @dylanrees1 & @jamiebbird. (0-0)
  • Options
    Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 39s39 seconds ago
    76 - @tomosullivan10 tries his luck from distance, but his effort is held well by Mitov. (0-0)
  • Options

48 - Big chance for Semi Ajayi, the City defender heading straight at Mitov at close range. (0-0)

former Charlton player
  • Options
    Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 3m3 minutes ago
    81 - @CAFCofficial substitute: Yamfam replaces Lapslie. (0-0)

82 - Close! A powerful effort from Tom James drifts just wide. (0-0)
  • Options
    Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 47s47 seconds ago
    U23/DVP FULL TIME: @CardiffCityFC 0-0 @CAFCofficial - It finishes level at @CDFSportsCampus. #Bluebirds
  • Options
    At least no penalty conceded today- perhaps that's just a 'Greenwich Borough' thing! They seem to be alternating Beeney and Mitov in goal.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

No Tex, no Ba. .

Will not play in the U-23 away games...............
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have said it more than once, Texeira and Ba will not feature for Charlton again.

You have, and time and again I have chosen to ignore you because I find that baffling and incredibly stupid (not a judgement on you, but on those who would make such a decision). I am also probably in denial, at least about Tex.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

I guess its the variety though and the fact that a lot of the bench can play in multiple positions i.e.

Chicksen: Left-Back | Left-Mid
    Jackson: Centre-Mid | Behind the Striker | Left-Mid
    Ajose: Striker
    Konsa: Right-Back | Centre-Back | Centre-Mid
    Lennon: Centre-Back | Left-Back
    Hanlan: Striker
    The think is there's been no desire to play Konsa in central midfield, and Jackson behind the striker...Well, coming off the bench late in games he does have the ability to be an attacking threat.

As far as Tex making the bench, and completely ignoring what @dickplumb is saying (which is undoubtedly well sourced), I'd swap him for Lennon. Don't think Lennon has been all that great, and I also think that, at this level, Tex could do a job in central midfield.
  • Options
    I would love to see Texeira play, but the Club are actively looking to sell him and Ba in January. I just don't understand the Clubs stance because it would make more sense to get Texeira in the team and performing well to attract potential buyers. If we have a run of centre half's injured I suppose he will just have to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we may see Tex but not Ba.
    We have a fair few central defenders at the moment, at least compared to other positions.
    However Tex seems to be ready for a place on the bench at the very least.
    Ba is simply out of the picture completely.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

I've heard from a source who normally gets things right, that Tex has travelled to Port Vale.

As punishment??
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-u23s-preview-qpr-3391852.aspx

Home game at the Valley v QPR with a live stream on facebook. 2.00 pm

Now, where did I put that protest banner?
  • Options
    Maybe you forgot to remove it after smuggling it in on Saturday. Does it hurt when you sit?
  • Options

Maybe you forgot to remove it after smuggling it in on Saturday. Does it hurt when you sit?

Quite the opposite ; - )
  • Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-u23s-preview-qpr-3391852.aspx

Home game at the Valley v QPR with a live stream on facebook. 2.00 pm

Now, where did I put that protest banner?

Will it also be streamed on the YouTube channel? Much nicer interface than FB
  • Options
    True Supporters will be at the game.