Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Ben18 said:

Not sure I like this Facebook video thing. Something quite annoying when the video buffers just so about 10 thumbs up/ghosts/pumpkins can float across the screen.

However I have learnt a few things from the people in the comments. For example I didn't know that the only reason Charlton don't live stream all games on Facebook is because then no-one would turn up. Nothing to do with licensing or anything.

There are some intellectual giants on that facebook thread.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Not sure I like this Facebook video thing. Something quite annoying when the video buffers just so about 10 thumbs up/ghosts/pumpkins can float across the screen.

However I have learnt a few things from the people in the comments. For example I didn't know that the only reason Charlton don't live stream all games on Facebook is because then no-one would turn up. Nothing to do with licensing or anything.

I quite like it, I've left my phone on my desk as though I've casually put it down, little do they know that I'm really watching that video feed and not at all concentrating on the spreadsheet infront of me*

*I'm joking of course, I take my responsibilities extremely seriously
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ben18 said:

Isn't there a UK law against showing football between the hours of 1500 and 1700 on a Saturday?

Also, really enjoying this. Even though I bloody work from home I've only been able to see bits and bobs but still it's much appreciated.
  • Options

Here's a link for those of you who can sneak a peak at work! https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/videos/1133929263341244/

@Ollywozere the production value (with the exception of the buffering issue which I'm guessing is on the Facebook side) is excellent all things considered.

Also, any chance of posting the match on YouTube when it ends?

Thanks for this. Really like it.
  • Options
    Who is the #11? Bald with a beard? Is that Josh Parker? Is he still on trial?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Who is the #11? Bald with a beard? Is that Josh Parker? Is he still on trial?

Yes and yes
  • Options
    And just scored
  • Options
    See what happens? SD mentions your name (or asks for it) and you get a goal. You're welcome
  • Options
    Parker scores a good header at the back post to make it 2-1 to us
  • Options
    Good cross for Edwards, and Parker heads powerfully in, beating the keeper at his near post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah really nice ball from Edwards, isn't he naturally right footed?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

No always a LB. Can't recall anyone get past him all match. Going to be a star.
  • Options
    Full Time 2-1 to the mighty Addicks... Jason Euell for 1st team Manager anyone?
  • Options
    Very good result considering quite a few regulars missing

Archie Edwards looking as good as ever. Cult hero in the making
  • Options

Considering the available talent, I can't see any patern of play that can transfer to a struggling 1st team. Slow tempo to get it wide, little pressing certainly not in packs. Only Ba driving through centre. Keeper invariably goes long. No neat triangles or anything. Only plus was pushing all ten outfield deep into opponents half when attacking. He did have a few regulars out but replaced them with plenty of 1st team experience.
  • Options

Very good result considering quite a few regulars missing

Archie Edwards looking as good as ever. Cult hero in the making

Really reminds me of a left sided Solly
  • Options

SDAddick said:

No always a LB. Can't recall anyone get past him all match. Going to be a star.
    Needs to fill out a bit but he definitely has what it takes. Must be awful gong up against him because he is such a great defender. Just like a young Solly was at that age and he turned out half decent.

• Options
    How does Ba look?
  • Options

How does Ba look?

through his eyes like everyone else
    This is worth more than 1 LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knew that would happen. Fair play, but wouldn't mind an appraisal of his readiness for the first team all the same.
  • Options

How does Ba look?

through his eyes like everyone else
    Actually - so bad it's probably worth a flag!
  • Options
    Is this the most positive thread of the year?
  • Options
    Good to see Ba play, and sensible to give Lennon a game as well
  • Options
    Just back from this. Far more enjoyable than the first team.
  • Options

Considering the available talent, I can't see any patern of play that can transfer to a struggling 1st team. Slow tempo to get it wide, little pressing certainly not in packs. Only Ba driving through centre. Keeper invariably goes long. No neat triangles or anything. Only plus was pushing all ten outfield deep into opponents half when attacking. He did have a few regulars out but replaced them with plenty of 1st team experience.
    I was at the game and it didn't feel as you have described.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Cant see how it isn't in Ba's interest to play in the first team now and impress a potential new club. Should be a no brainer for Slade to at least bung him on the bench.
  • Options
    Charlton announce that nearly 8000 watched the game via the live stream.

Funny that, as on Facebook it never said more than about 200 were watching!