Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• redbub said:

dickplumb said:

Can i just say the weather is terrible.

I've only just managed to warm up! Glad the rain actually stopped for the second half. What a downpour that was though.

Good game in difficult conditions
    Have you only just realised the game has finished?
    Haha no. But it took a while to drive home, dry off and warm up from the game! My waterproofs aren't torrential downpour-proof!
  • Ben18 said:

Kennady, as a youth international attacking midfielder/winger who scores a lot at this level and seems to have a bit about him physically I'm surprised he hasn't had a chance around the first team squad

Agreed, perhaps if the loan rules weren't stupidly changed he would have had a loan spell out to the conference or League 2.
    Players still can go on loan to the Conference as Muldoon joined Braintree... Its the Football League that changed their rules.

Is stupid though because both Kennedy and Ahearne-Grant could do with loans to League Two... Maybe even Charles-Cook and Dijksteel could drop down a League for their development as well
    Of course he did. My Bad. Still stupid that league clubs can't loan players.
    Maybe the League should revisit the rules...

If you've SIGNED the player from another club then you cant loan them out during the emergency loan window, if that player genuinely came through your Youth Academy then yes you should be allowed to loan them out.

i.e. two examples
    - Kasey Palmer should not be allowed to join another club outside of the two transfer windows.
    - Louis Yamfam signed from Stevenage should not be allowed to join another club outside of the two transfer windows.
    Or put an age restriction on emergency loans, say 20 years old.

It used to annoy me when we had a game coming up, and the opposition landed a couple of journeymen on loan in the days leading up to it.
    Or introduce both our suggestions?

For me the fact remains that the loan window was abandoned because the way youngsters are being hoarded at clubs like Chelsea etc. and that with a bit of thought the loan window could remain so that it still benefits the correct clubs and kids!!
    Just put a limit on the number of youth players each club is permitted to have in each age group. I.e. no more than 18 players at each age group allowed. That would stop the problem at source (hoovering up of young players by the top clubs who would then need to be more discerning). The real cream would still have a chance to rise plus there would be more churn coming out of those top clubs.
  • Who is Parker?

Where has Matt Carter gone! Signed from West Ham in the summer?
  • uie2 said:

Who is Parker?

Where has Matt Carter gone! Signed from West Ham in the summer?
    He played in last game.
  • He's a central midfielder isn't he?

Any chance of him breaking through as we know Robinson likes to give youngsters a chance and we're not exactly blessed in midfield at the moment.
  • He's a central midfielder isn't he?

Any chance of him breaking through as we know Robinson likes to give youngsters a chance and we're not exactly blessed in midfield at the moment.

I don't think that you can say that any of our managers under Rolly have not played yongsters, they have lhad little choice!
  • U23S | @jasoneuell's youngsters are in action against @CPFC at Selhurt Park this afternoon (1pm). #cafc pic.twitter.com/YPZHUjHGOF

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) November 28, 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1h1 hour ago
    Charlton U23s | Mitov, Lapslie, Edwards, Bowry, Dijksteel, Carter, Yamfam, Aribo, Kennedy, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah.
    subs | Thomas, Doughty, Zemura, Charles-Cook, Millar. #cafc

• Chrystal Palace F.C.Verified account
    @CPFC
    14: Charlton have it in the back of the net, but Umerah was flagged offside before slotting it into the bottom corner. #CPFCU23
  • Really wonder what happened for Beeney to be on the bench ahead of Mitov?

It will trigger some kind of bonus payment I reckon.

I was thinking that too especially as they recalled Beeney from a loan, Mitov was on the bench last Tuesday and playing today so looks as if fitness isn't the issue. All very odd.
  • Maybe Beeney is just better than Mitov?

I was thinking that too especially as they recalled Beeney from a loan, Mitov was on the bench last Tuesday and playing today so looks as if fitness isn't the issue. All very odd.
    Exactly... I honestly thought that Mitov would have been injured on Saturday.

Its almost like he was kept out of the First-Team as though the U23s were a priority for the Reserve 'Keeper
  • Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 13m13 minutes ago
    28: Charlton's Umerah smacks the post from long range! That's the closest either side has come to breaking the deadlock. #CPFCU23

Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 4m4 minutes ago
    38: What a move! Williams races on to a ball over the top and finds Coker with a first-time cross, but the no. 9's shot is saved. #CPFCU23
  • Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 3m3 minutes ago
    HALF TIME: Palace 0-0 Charlton. #CPFCU23
  • Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 3m3 minutes ago

You are awful Henry, but I like it! One of the greatest spelling mistakes ever seen on a football shirt!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 3m3 minutes ago

You are awful Henry, but I like it! One of the greatest spelling mistakes ever seen on a football shirt!
    I'm glad someone got it : - )

• Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 15m15 minutes ago
    59: Coker's deflected effort is tipped over the bar by Mitov. Palace corner. #CPFCU23

Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 14m14 minutes ago
    60: Charlton counter from Palace's corner and Carter hits the post with a tame effort from 8 yards out! #CPFCU23

Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 8m8 minutes ago
    66: Charlton sub - Charles-Cook on for Michel-Yamfam. [0-0] #CPFCU23
  • FFS

Bring on some substitute goalposts !!!!
  • 1-0 Kennedy
  • 1-0 Kennedy
  • Chrystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 2m2 minutes ago
    78: Goal for Charlton. Mikhail Kennedy slots it beyond Granger from close range after a swift counter. [0-1] #CPFCU23
  • Superb. Jason is building a very good reputation.