Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited November 2016
    I think this link is much more entertaining from the same web site, especially if you click on the "up" arrow at the top..

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/
  • I would take us beating them at tiddly winks ATM. Well done chaps!
  • Kennedy has got to be knocking on door of first team... Class when I've seen him
  • I would have preferred us to go one down with Pardew doing his little dance only for us to come back and win. Still, always good to beat them.
  • seth plum said:

I believe the U23 league record is:

Wins 9
    Draws 3
    Defeats 1

We have one more draw according to this.

http://www.futbol24.com/national/England/U21-PDL-2/2015-2016/Regular-Season_1/

Still, 7 points clear and a goal difference miles better than everyone else is pretty good going.
  • Mikhail Kennedy ‏@MikhailKennedy 1m1 minute ago
    Great fight today from the lads! Buzzing to get the winner! Just doesn't get better than beating palace

I'm amazed he's not on the bench for the first team

Slightly surprised RCC can only make the bench for the U23s, that suggests he's gone backwards from where he was?
  • seth plum said:

I believe the U23 league record is:

Wins 9
    Draws 3
    Defeats 1

We have one more draw according to this.

http://www.futbol24.com/national/England/U21-PDL-2/2015-2016/Regular-Season_1/

Still, 7 points clear and a goal difference miles better than everyone else is pretty good going.
    Fair enough i must have miscounted.
  • Sponsored links:

Great fight today from the lads! Buzzing to get the winner! Just doesn't get better than beating palace

Slightly surprised RCC can only make the bench for the U23s, that suggests he's gone backwards from where he was?
    A very smart footballer, is Mikhail.

You do know he has actually got a goal for the first team?
  • At Peterborough.

A very smart footballer, is Mikhail.

You do know he has actually got a goal for the first team?
    I only mentioned the bench, as I don't think Kennedy has featured in the 18 in any league game yet this season

On RCC, he started the last couple matches. There tends to be a fair amount of squad rotation in the U23s so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Wait until the Belgians sell up.
  • edited December 2016
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4s5 seconds ago
    CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Lapslie, Dijksteel, Bowry, Edwards, Ba, Charles-Cook, Aribo, Kennedy (c), Hanlan, Umerah. #cafc
    SUBS | Beeney, Barnes, Millar, Yamfam, Ahearne-Grant. #cafc

Ba? Who's is this new player?
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4s5 seconds ago
    CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Lapslie, Dijksteel, Bowry, Edwards, Ba, Charles-Cook, Aribo, Kennedy (c), Hanlan, Umerah. #cafc

Ba Humbug.

• dickplumb said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4s5 seconds ago

Ba Humbug.

part of our scrooge like defence?
  • #ffc side to face Charlton tonight: Rodák, Fossey, Davies, Kavanagh, Edun, Tunnicliffe, Adeniran, Christensen, Jozabed, Walker, Woodrow

• Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    33' GOAL! Josh Umerah fires the Addicks into the lead! #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCofficial

Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    Archie Edwards found him inside the box and he cut inside before poking the ball into the corner. 2-0! #cafc

2m
    Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    41' GOAL! Joe Aribo makes it 2-0 to @jasoneuell's side! #cafc
  • 48' GOAL! Umerah steps up and strokes his spot-kick down the middle! 3-0! #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) December 5, 2016
  • 88' Close! Rodak makes a great close-range save from Umerah to prevent him making it 4-1. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) December 5, 2016
  • Well done the youth.
  • Umerah knocking on the first team door?
  • edited December 2016
    seth plum said:

said there is more chance of a sale in the Championship than in this division.

tend to agree with this - it's the only way RD stands any chance of getting anything back close to what was paid and without leaving a load of debt.
  • seth plum said:

I was at this game and basically the U23's were better than Fulham.
    As far as I can tell there are three games left in this competition, away at Wimbledon and Fulham and home to 'Boro. We have 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat, so with good results can still progress. I thought Aribo and Umerah were outstanding, but all the usual names put in a good performance, and I also like that it was a good intervention by a tall central defender, Bowry, that initiated our opening goal.
    Had an interesting evening, but missed the last half hour of play because I was involved in an animated, but not heated, conversation with a terrific long standing Charlton fan, also Tom Rubashow, and another young man from the commercial department. When I outed myself as a protestor the Charlton fan said 'well I hate you more than them'. He was a great bloke who loves the club but we disagreed. He wanted the protests to stop and for us to get behind the team, and said there is more chance of a sale in the Championship than in this division. We disagreed on almost everything, but I certainly respect his position and i didn't hate him at all.
    The gentleman from the commercial department was just that, a gentleman, and I generally ranted on, but i did mention the 'Katrien tax' as one of the many things that have annoyed me, and he did promise to look in to it. I thought Tom and this guy (a Liverpudlian) were pretty good listening to a Seth rant (no shouting or swearing I might add) and seemed sincere and optimistic, I think I conveyed to them just how hard their tasks are going to be with a proportion of the fan base.
    I also had a long chat with Dr Barnes, Aaron Barnes' father, and I would like to congratulate Aaron at his 2 A's and a B in this years A-levels, to go with his cluster of A's and A*'s at GCSE. Aaron has been injured with a twisted knee, on a knee that had been injured before, but he was now coming back to fitness and was a substitute tonight. In groupie mode I welcomed Karl Robinson to the club and wished him luck, and it was he who told me we had drawn Brighton if we win the replay.
    Ezri Konsa was there, Jonathan Fortune of course, and a host of other faces.

Sounds a good evening and a good adult debate.