Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• seth plum said:

I was at this game and basically the U23's were better than Fulham.
    As far as I can tell there are three games left in this competition, away at Wimbledon and Fulham and home to 'Boro. We have 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat, so with good results can still progress. I thought Aribo and Umerah were outstanding, but all the usual names put in a good performance, and I also like that it was a good intervention by a tall central defender, Bowry, that initiated our opening goal.
    Had an interesting evening, but missed the last half hour of play because I was involved in an animated, but not heated, conversation with a terrific long standing Charlton fan, also Tom Rubashow, and another young man from the commercial department. When I outed myself as a protestor the Charlton fan said 'well I hate you more than them'. He was a great bloke who loves the club but we disagreed. He wanted the protests to stop and for us to get behind the team, and said there is more chance of a sale in the Championship than in this division. We disagreed on almost everything, but I certainly respect his position and i didn't hate him at all.
    The gentleman from the commercial department was just that, a gentleman, and I generally ranted on, but i did mention the 'Katrien tax' as one of the many things that have annoyed me, and he did promise to look in to it. I thought Tom and this guy (a Liverpudlian) were pretty good listening to a Seth rant (no shouting or swearing I might add) and seemed sincere and optimistic, I think I conveyed to them just how hard their tasks are going to be with a proportion of the fan base.
    I also had a long chat with Dr Barnes, Aaron Barnes' father, and I would like to congratulate Aaron at his 2 A's and a B in this years A-levels, to go with his cluster of A's and A*'s at GCSE. Aaron has been injured with a twisted knee, on a knee that had been injured before, but he was now coming back to fitness and was a substitute tonight. In groupie mode I welcomed Karl Robinson to the club and wished him luck, and it was he who told me we had drawn Brighton if we win the replay.
    Ezri Konsa was there, Jonathan Fortune of course, and a host of other faces.

Ah I can put a face to a name now!
  • So was it 3-1 or 4-1?
  • Umerah seems to score every game!
  • Josh Umerah had an injury set back pre season in Austria but is now getting back to close to his top form.
  • Mikhail Kennedy ‏@MikhailKennedy 1m1 minute ago
    Great fight today from the lads! Buzzing to get the winner! Just doesn't get better than beating palace

I'm amazed he's not on the bench for the first team

Slightly surprised RCC can only make the bench for the U23s, that suggests he's gone backwards from where he was?
    A very smart footballer, is Mikhail.

You do know he has actually got a goal for the first team?
    Should be given a chance in first team! If Hanlan can get a game he should too!
  • seth plum said:

Josh Umerah had an injury set back pre season in Austria but is now getting back to close to his top form.

I'd like to see him, when he makes the 1st team, be given the ball for any central free-kick from 25 to 40 yards. He has a sledgehammer shot on him.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Umerah seems to score every game!

Another who should be on our first team bench along with Kennedy
  • Supposed to be away at Millwall today but I can't find out any info, well where it will be played.
    I expect a very depleted U23 team with tomorrow's game in mind.
  • Saying Hayes lane at 2pm
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Supposed to be away at Millwall today but I can't find out any info, well where it will be played.

And the KSC on Wednesday!
  • cabbie8 said:

Saying Hayes lane at 2pm

At Bromley FC?
  • seth plum said:

Supposed to be away at Millwall today but I can't find out any info, well where it will be played.

Typical, once again the Gods conspire against us when we play Millwall
  • Today's match will be contested at @bromleyfc's Hayes Lane and tickets are priced at £5 for all ages. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) December 12, 2016
  • Josh Umerah will be playing as I spoke to his mum who was on the way there. She sees a lot of their games and was confident that they would beat Millwall.
    If only the over-23s could...
  • Charlton U23s | Maynard-Brewer, Lapslie, Edwards, Dijksteel, Bowry, Ba, Carter, Muldoon, Kennedy, Millar, Hackett-Fairchild. #cafc

Charlton U23s subs | Thomas, Barnes, Zemura, Maloney, Yamfam. #cafc

• We will need the other U23s for Wednesday nights game against Margate.
  • I think Josh will at least be on the bench tomorrow night
  • edited December 2016

U23S | 11' Millwall have taken the lead at Hayes Lane through Kris Twardek. #cafc

Kris Twardek - must be an anagram...
  • Sponsored links:

• U23S | GOAL! Mikhail Kennedy has levelled the scores at Millwall with 50 minutes on the clock. 1-1. #cafc

• 1-1 FT
  • Good result based on the side we put out today .
  • rananegra said:

Josh Umerah will be playing as I spoke to his mum who was on the way there. She sees a lot of their games and was confident that they would beat Millwall.
    If only the over-23s could...

I bet he'll get told off by his mum when he gets home :smile:
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Charlton U23s | Maynard-Brewer; Barnes, Edwards, Carter, Bowry; Dijksteel, Charles-Cook, Lapslie; Ahearne-Grant, Hanlan, Umerah. #cafc

Subs | C Thomas, Zemura, Sarpong-Wiredu, Doughty. #cafc

No Ba but Hanlan and Umerah start.

No Kennedy either despite his great goal form. In the Millwall squad perhaps along with Ba or just injured/suspended/gone home for Christmas/sold.
  • Gloomy and damp here this afternoon. No triallist from Belgium. Goalkeeping looks yo be interesting. On paper a strong line up at this level.
  • Wonder if that means Ba will be on the bench at Millwall? (doubt it but who knows....)
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 11m11 minutes ago
    6' Goal. Decarrey Sheriff heads @ColU_Official U23s into an early lead. 0-1. #cafc