Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Who is Harry Taylor? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Who is Harry Taylor? 
    Defender who joined us from Aldershot
  • Big couple of months for the u23s players as with how the season is coming along might be some opportunities in the first team if we continue sliding into mid table. 
  • We seem to have been looking at Carvalho for a long while 
  • Big couple of months for the u23s players as with how the season is coming along might be some opportunities in the first team if we continue sliding into mid table. 
    Or a few will get released if they don't show signs that they can step up...
  • edited February 2021
    I see Ruben Cavalho is back on trial.

We've had him here before on trial last year.

Edit: Sorry @Leeds_Addick I hadn't seen your post when I wrote this.

• Charlie Barker on the bench?

• 9' GOAL! The Addicks take the lead via Richard Afrane-Kesey! He takes advantage as a Colchester defender slips, he makes his way into the box and finishes confidently into the bottom right-hand corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    kafka said:
    Charlie Barker on the bench?
    He's still U18 level, don't forget - ahead of his age group in the U23 squad.

• Carvalho has to have been on the longest trial ever.
  • Quick comment to say Colchester have had a good development set up for a few years now.
    Games against them are usually decent.
  • That second goal sounds a bit tasty 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Carvalho has to have been on the longest trial ever.
    Known as Mills in the dressing room. 
  • I feel we might need to get in quick on Oguntayo. Already been linked with 4/5 prem clubs including Man City. Only 18, sounds like he could be a real prospect.
  • I feel we might need to get in quick on Oguntayo. Already been linked with 4/5 prem clubs including Man City. Only 18, sounds like he could be a real prospect.
    He's got a lovely touch on the ball.

Is he related to Chris o'Gunteryo, who has 99 caps for Wales? :smile:

• Swisdom said:
    Good that Famewo got another 60 minutes in his legs.

Jason Euell deserves an opportunity to get a chance in the League.  Wimbledon would be a good chance at a club he knows well.

Nathan Jones had a talented young team, that helped his success in getting a League job as a manager. Pope, Poyet, Smith, Pigott, Lennon, Ajayi, Fox, Sho-Silva, Holmes-Dennis and a very young Gomez occasionally played above his age group.

Ps. Just remembered two other lads who played around that time. One small midfielders, one who was 5ft 3in and went to Cheltenham and the guy who was captain when we beat Tonbridge Angels in the Kent cup. He went to Maidstone initially but drifted out of football.
    Also an Irish CB who gave up football to play hurling back in Ireland.

Munns and Kevin Feely?

Cheers @ Swisdom.
    Little Jack Munns and Kevin Feely.

So the only player that fell right off the radar was the captain when we gave Tonbridge Angels a tonking at their ground in the Kent cup final.
    We scored 7 and Michael Smith scored 4 or 5 goals. 
    Can't remember the year but Smith and Pigott were the twin strikers and Fox played as well.
    As I said he drifted off to Maidstone but didn't last too long there.
    Nice lad who told me he was struggling with an ankle injury before he was released.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 now.  Nice goal from their #9 but we score almost immediately with Charles Clayden after good work from Afranes-Kesey (who appears to be nicknamed RAF)
  • Swisdom said:
    3-1 now.  Nice goal from their #9 but we score almost immediately with Charles Clayden after good work from Afranes-Kesey (who appears to be nicknamed RAF)
    Through adversity to the (premier league) stars (of the future)
  • Finished 3-1

reasonably comfortable but Osaghae made a handful of decent stops.
  • edited February 2021
    @Swisdom
    How did Freddy Barton do? (Right back)
  • edited February 2021
    clive said:
    Afrane-Kesey needs to tie his laces.

Interesting that Oguntayo is described in the report as a trialist but not on the teamsheet.

Colchester deserved to lose for wearing that terrible kit.
  • clive said:

Interesting that Oguntayo is described in the report as a trialist but not on the teamsheet.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:

Well spotted
  • edited February 2021
    @Swisdom
    How did Freddy Barton do? (Right back)
    Decent.  Not the biggest lad but he has a good brain on him and was tenacious.  I’d need to see him some more but he was certainly not bad at all

@carly burn
  • Sorry but I'm pleased about the Colchester goal as Jake Hutchinson is an ex-pupil of mine...he was probably motivated to score against us as it would be one in the eye for me! His older brother is on loan at Forest Green Rovers, from Derby, and set up Josh Davison's goal against Oldham the other day.