Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Ditto. Saw a link via YouTube, but that required a subscribe and when I googled that site, it warned SCAM, so no Poirot here...
  • edited March 2021
    So they are playing the fringe players from their first team rather than their u23s.

• edited March 2021
  • edited March 2021
    Good to see Dylan Gavin's name is appearing again

No Gilbey or Inniss though?
  • Dylan Gavin makes the jumps from U18s sub to U23s starter.

Otherwise, very similar side to recent weeks
  • Dylan Gavin makes the jumps from U18s sub to U23s starter.

Otherwise, very similar side to recent weeks
    Looks like Mingi is now back as a midfielder, design or necessity? 
  • Good to see Dylan Gavin's name is appearing again

No Gilbey or Inniss though?
    I imagine they’re off today as they’re first team players so got today and yesterday off? 
  • Is the sub numbered 14 Johl Powell or a new recruit to the squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• No AMB?
    He was on the bench on Saturday 
  • No AMB?
    Surely a sub keeper doesn't need a rest!

Indeed when was the last time AMB actually played a proper game?
  • So they are playing the fringe players from their first team rather than their u23s.

Yes, I recognise a few names. I imagine Nige wants to see the U23 players, but a shame the likes of Ronnie can't be given some game time
  • clive said:
    Is the sub numbered 14 Johl Powell or a new recruit to the squad?
    guessing it's a typo
  • No AMB?

When he has played for the 23's of late he's come away with head injuries... Maybe we don't want to risk another concussion in unimportant (to the first team) games. 
  • No AMB?

I probably agree with you but when NA brings the whole squad (including Inniss) to Wimbledon and then says he’s giving them 2 days off before training during the international break then I would think he’d give breaks to the subs as well. 
  • Assuming no one has found a stream for this? Would really like to watch this afternoon
  • No AMB?

I probably agree with you but when NA brings the whole squad (including Inniss) to Wimbledon and then says he’s giving them 2 days off before training during the international break then I would think he’d give breaks to the subs as well. 
    If there's one thing this squad could do with, it's a rest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    No AMB?

Not the players getting splinters through lack of action though. The likes of Ronnie, who's just getting 10/15 minute cameos, definitely won't be tired
  • NA said we'd play from practice/behind closed doors games over the break so still time for Gilbey. Innis etc.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    No AMB?

Not the players getting splinters through lack of action though. The likes of Ronnie, who's just getting 10/15 minute cameos, definitely won't be tired
    It's probably mental as well as physical though. 
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    No AMB?

I agree mostly. The regular starters though... Also Bowyer was pretty open about the intensity and regularity of his training, definitely think those I listed before could do with game time. 
  • surely the new manager would benefit watching fringe players and players returning from injury rather than an u-18 striker promoted to the u-23’s.

play the players who have a chance of making an impact on the first team and watch the youngsters in the next game

it would have been a good opportunity to learn about players strengths and how to utilise them. 

Schwartz would benefit from 60 minutes. Plus a trip to Coventry would take him away from being sat in a hotel Tom by himself.
  • surely the new manager would benefit watching fringe players and players returning from injury rather than an u-18 striker promoted to the u-23’s.

play the players who have a chance of making an impact on the first team and watch the youngsters in the next game

it would have been a good opportunity to learn about players strengths and how to utilise them. 

Schwartz would benefit from 60 minutes. Plus a trip to Coventry would take him away from being sat in a hotel Tom by himself.
    Agree mostly, but then again NA is one that likes to bring through youths and as HI has said: 
    NA said we'd play from practice/behind closed doors games over the break so still time for Gilbey. Innis etc.

• Dazzler21 said:
    surely the new manager would benefit watching fringe players and players returning from injury rather than an u-18 striker promoted to the u-23’s.

Agree mostly, but then again NA is one that likes to bring through youths and as HI has said: 
    NA said we'd play from practice/behind closed doors games over the break so still time for Gilbey. Innis etc.

I didn’t read that bit. It would have done Schwartz good though, if he is stuck in a hotel room. Being a senior pro mentoring the youngsters could also be a bit of a confidence boost

Agreed, there's a big difference between playing against genuine outside opponents and an inter squad game, especially as Coventry are playing several of their first team players 

But who's Tom, and does Ronnie's wife know about him?  ;)

• A late change to the line-up for the Addicks' U23s. Kasim Aidoo has started instead of Charles Clayden, who picked up an injury during the warm-up. #PUSB 0 #cafc 0