Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• surely the new manager would benefit watching fringe players and players returning from injury rather than an u-18 striker promoted to the u-23’s.

play the players who have a chance of making an impact on the first team and watch the youngsters in the next game

it would have been a good opportunity to learn about players strengths and how to utilise them. 

Schwartz would benefit from 60 minutes. Plus a trip to Coventry would take him away from being sat in a hotel Tom by himself.
    Agreed, there's a big difference between playing against genuine outside opponents and an inter squad game, especially as Coventry are playing several of their first team players 

But who's Tom, and does Ronnie's wife know about him?  ;)
    I can’t tell you that. It’s cryptic for those in the know
  • why the hell are Coventry called PUSB? hate this lingo that's used. it's worse than textspeak!
  • Play Up Sky Blues
  • Coventry currently 2-0 up

• 27’ - POST! What a strike by Jamie Allen, from around 30 yards out he unleashes a powerful effort which looked destined for goal, but the ‘keeper made a fantastic save to tip his shot onto the post. [1-0] #PUSB

33’ - GOAL! City break away and it’s Joe Newton down the left who charges forward and slides the ball through for Gyokeres and he picks out Shipley in the box, who fires into the back of the net! [2-0] #PUSB
  • Is the Shipley any relation?
  • Madness that Coventry can field a team like that in an U23s match.

I count three/four potential first teamers (Bakayoko, Allen, Shipley and Pask at a push) as well as two Premier League loans (Sheaf and Gyokeres).

I count three/four potential first teamers (Bakayoko, Allen, Shipley and Pask at a push) as well as two Premier League loans (Sheaf and Gyokeres).
    In fairness though ever since the end of reserve football it's become more understandable. If you have players coming back from injury or simply not being selected it makes sense to give them a run out. We just don't seem to do it enough. 
  • Think you are only allowed three over age players plus a keeper.

No ideas on the City players ages though.

Actually believe this is good experience for our young players. They can really improve by playing against a higher level of opposition.

It also allows us to assess their performance levels against a stronger team.
  • Sponsored links:

• surely the new manager would benefit watching fringe players and players returning from injury rather than an u-18 striker promoted to the u-23’s.

play the players who have a chance of making an impact on the first team and watch the youngsters in the next game

it would have been a good opportunity to learn about players strengths and how to utilise them. 

Schwartz would benefit from 60 minutes. Plus a trip to Coventry would take him away from being sat in a hotel Tom by himself.
    They will do in behind close doors games at the training ground .. it’s a day of today for most of the squad 
  • Joe Newton the Coventry left back went to School with my son and was at the University of Herts Football Development Centre with him. Saw quite a bit of him training and playing for School team. He was a forward then though.
  • edited March 2021
    Joe Newton the Coventry left back went to School with my son and was at the University of Herts Football Development Centre with him. Saw quite a bit of him training and playing for School team. He was a forward then though.
    Lucas Ness went to school with my eldest son, which has rekindled his interest in all things Charlton. He didn’t play for the school team in his final year though. 
  • Shipley has played 120 first team games for cov! 
  • 78’ - GOAL! Superb finish by Gyokeres

Ball played over the top by Burroughs is chased down by Viktor and he turns his man and fires the ball past Harness. [4-0] #PUSB
  • 49’ - Penalty saved. Josh Eccles steps up but Harness guesses right and makes the save. [2-0] #PUSB
  • FULL-TIME: Sky Blues 4-0 Charlton A Viktor Gyokeres brace and a goal each for Amadou Bakayoko and Jordan Shipley secure the points for City. [4-0] #PUSB
  • So the Brighton U23 player scores two goals for Coventry U23s against Charlton U23s.
  • So the Brighton U23 player scores two goals for Coventry U23s against Charlton U23s.
    A Swedish player of Hungarian origin, belonging to Brighton, he was loaned to Swansea at the start of the season, then recalled and loaned to Coventry to get more first team football, and not getting much action for them today played today for their U23s

That's modern football for you  :)
  • Sponsored links:

A Swedish player of Hungarian origin, belonging to Brighton, he was loaned to Swansea at the start of the season, then recalled and loaned to Coventry to get more first team football, and not getting much action for them today played today for their U23s

That's modern football for you  :)
    We'll. at least we know who Adkins' first signing in the summer will be  :D
  • Wonder what the watching Adkins thought of that? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Wonder what the watching Adkins thought of that? 
    After Saturday he's probably frantically looking through his Contract for a escape clause
  • Valley11 said:
    Wonder what the watching Adkins thought of that? 
    Probably wishing he'd just done a few more steps on his walking challenge and hadn't bothered going.
  • Sent to Coventry despite all the positivity. Some people just can't win. 
  • I am sure he learned a lot. If any players played reasonably well despite the scoreline that might be a good starting point for getting them into the squad. Interesting that Mingi wasn't at CB and we got spanked. 

Really would like to see him, Henry and Clayden given a chance soon. 
  • When you watch games below first team level at the time of course you want to see a win. However because of mis matches and selection inconsistencies at all clubs results definitely come second to individual performances.
    For example we lost in the FA youth cup the other day, but Richard Chinn caught the eye as it were.
  • seth plum said:
    When you watch games below first team level at the time of course you want to see a win. However because of mis matches and selection inconsistencies at all clubs results definitely come second to individual performances.
    For example we lost in the FA youth cup the other day, but Richard Chinn caught the eye as it were.
    A few caught my eye. Campbell and Leaburn and Chin to a lesser extent, but I don't think they are possibilities for this season. Henry, who many are touting as one certainly didn't look ready, but it is only one game. It is not a negative reflection on them, but they really do need to be ready for their own sakes. 
  • are they showing the game on valley pass or youtube , cant see anything anywhere on site