Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Chibe Okechuckwu is a first year scholar and a striker. Done well to make the U23s
  • edited November 2021
    Chibe Okechuckwu is a first year scholar and a striker. Done well to make the U23s
    Cheers also found his name on a Valley Gold link.

Can an U23 team have seven subs if they want to? - Surprised that Mason Burstow isnt involved
  • Chibe Okechuckwu is a first year scholar and a striker. Done well to make the U23s

Can an U23 team have seven subs if they want to? - Surprised that Mason Burstow isnt involved
    In consideration for the first team squad tomorrow? Maybe he's one of the backup players for the 18, seeing that we slightly short on strikers

In consideration for the first team squad tomorrow? Maybe he's one of the backup players for the 18, seeing that we slightly short on strikers
    Yeah could well be, wont be surprised to see him involved against Havant either

So might be working with the first team this week in preparation for Saturday
  • Suspended I think.
  • Interested on how Chin plays today as was outstanding against Millwall playing out of position.
  • Redrobo said:
    Suspended I think.
    Yes, Terry just mentioned that Burstow and Bakrin were sent off in the last game so suspended for this game.

Deje with the first team tomorrow.
  • Decent team Bristol - will do well to get a result with the absentees but we're giving it go.
    COYU23R
  • 0-1 Bristol.  Trial isn’t outpaced and his cross finished well.

we switched to 4 at the back straight away moving Appiah to midfield
  • 21' Goal Bristol City. The visitors take the lead through Louis Britton.

Watch live: https://t.co/JTLeF8mDAl #cafc 0 #bcfc 1

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) November 1, 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the lack of actual defenders a worry?  Or is it just a bit of fluke that they are all either out on loan, with the first team or suspended? 
  • edited November 2021
    Who is Chibi Okechuckwu?
    Don’t know but I’d like to hear Curbs try and pronounce that lads name 😯.
  • Straight red for Dempsey.  Deservedly so.  Beaten by the bounce and brought the striker down on the edge of the box
  • Below par, too many underhit passes, unforced errors.
  • Starting to string a few passes together.  Gavin had two difficult openings
  • edited November 2021
    Well played lads. Putting on a great performance with 10 men against a bloody good side.
    COYR
  • Interesting game.  We aren’t out of it but haven’t threatened too much.  Bristol aren’t bad though. Well organised 
  • edited November 2021
    I know A trialist, who I believe is the one on the bench today. He has had a really good month at Charlton on trial with the U18.
    I saw him on Saturday (not at the valley) and the trial went very well with two apps for Under 18's when Cafc scored 6 against Bristol city and Spurs.
    He was 17 last week and the lad is an attacking midfielder normally !

I hope in some ways he doesn't come on when the U23 are down to 10 men and have a weakened team with regulars all missing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Is the lack of actual defenders a worry?  Or is it just a bit of fluke that they are all either out on loan, with the first team or suspended? 

With Ryan and Lavelle injured it's a knock on affect. Deji first team squad, Bakrin suspended, Watson,Gunter and Pearce could have played CB but all in contention for 18 tomorrow. 
  • Excellent save by our keeperto keep us in the game but there are lots of spaces opening up

Daniel Kanu would be ahead in the pecking order.
  • I know A trialist, who I believe is the one on the bench today. He has had a really good month at Charlton on trial with the U18.
    I saw him on Saturday (not at the valley) and the trial went very well with two apps for Under 18's when Cafc scored 6 against Bristol city and Spurs.

I hope in some ways he doesn't come on when the U23 are down to 10 men and have a weakened team with regulars all missing.
    Trialiat just came off the bench.  Looks to be centre midfield with Appiah
  • I know A trialist, who I believe is the one on the bench today. He has had a really good month at Charlton on trial with the U18.

Started well.  Won a tackle and made a nice chipped pass.
  • Very harsh that OG. 
    Still giving a terrific account of themselves against the odds.
  • Might have been caught napping as Brizzle extend their mead.  It flashed across the box and ended up in the net

Started well.  Won a tackle and made a nice chipped pass.
    unlucky there to concede an own goal.  I blame his youth coach!
  • chibi is on.  Quite a big unit
  • Poor pass from Harvey in goal.  Proper ambulance pass and straight to the striker who squares it for a tap in

0-3