Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Was Harris O Connor with us as a youngster? 
  • Mmmh, more I see of Claydon the less impressed I am. 

Too many people drew a conclusion of seeing him play against a very weak Welling team.
  • mendonca said:
    Mmmh, more I see of Claydon the less impressed I am. 

Too many people drew a conclusion of seeing him play against a very weak Welling team.
    No, he was developing ahead of the curve his stats last season in the u's were very promising. He seems to be struggling a bit at the moment, but some players make it, some don't. 

We need to decide what position he is, RM? LM? LB?
  • Didn't see the game but interesting reading the comments. 

James Beadle will be the player who moves on before playing for Cafc 1st team. Brighton remain favourite as have been monitoring him for a while now.

Elerewe, Bakrin and Burstow will learn so much playing against 19 to 22 year olds other than 16 to 18 year olds.

It's a learning curve and having two trialists at LB and RB playing alongside then would have been difficult for Deji and Bakrin.
  • We are well served for goalkeepers right now.
    I would nurture them as much as possible.
    Is Henderson here until January?
    I have nothing against Henderson, but is he really needed?
  • Their number 2 was the difference. I thought a few of ours had decent games but it was disappointing that after pulling one back, we sort of lost our way a bit when they went to a back 4 when potentially the game was even there to be won after the sending off. I thought Clayden had a good second half, Dempsey was solid. Henry was disappointing. Beadle looks a real prospect. I agree that a draw wouldn't have been highway robbery given the two gilt edged changes we missed but Derby shaded the game given their first half performance.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

No, he was developing ahead of the curve his stats last season in the u's were very promising. He seems to be struggling a bit at the moment, but some players make it, some don't. 

He was much better at left wing back and helped keep their number 2 quiet in the second half.
  • One can only dream that Charlton could snaffle that Derby No. 8.
  • Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

He was much better at left wing back and helped keep their number 2 quiet in the second half.
    I agree. He looks much more natural on the left. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought it was a 2pm kick off.
    Drat it.
  • edited October 2021
    1-0 down,poor distribution by Beadle.
  • 2-0 down inside 10 minutes.
  • seth plum said:
    I thought it was a 2pm kick off.
    Drat it.
    So did the players by the sounds of it.  

Anyone watching, what formation are we playing? 
  • 2-0 began with loose pass from Henry
  • We look very disjointed.  8 mins in 2-0 down
  • Sponsored links:

• Charles Clayden at left-back going well!
  • Jeez... Should be 3-0
  • Youth have learned how to waste a corner. Lots of possession but no cutting edge as yet.
  • Being overrun now
  • Sadly this is too much like the first team. Lots of sideways and backward passing, no movement up front or ability to drive through from midfield.
  • Not a lot to get excited about atm.
  • Chin is the bright spark. Quite Vennings-esque
  • 3-0 and that flatters us
  • Playing two midfielders at full-back will often result in this kind of scoreline though
  • Leuth said:
    Charles Clayden at left-back going well!
    Where's Roddy? Surely he wouldn't be with the first team today, seeing that we have 2 senior LBs now