Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• How's the Derby keeper performing (aside from conceding a goal!). I vaguely know him.
    Barely tested. Our one decent shot went in. 
  • edited October 2021
    Clayden swings in a pin point cross and Elerewe puts it just over the bar. Jumped a moment too early.
  • Oh dear Elerewe missed a header under Derby's crossbar, could have been 2-2
  • Derby Player dives, referee waves play on, our bloke in orange boots smashes up field, goes out of play. 
  • Elerewe fuming after king the ball into the Derby player and out of play... Can hear the effin and jeffin loud and clear. 
  • Clayden puts another good ball in, but nobody came for it. 

Burstow strikes well and keeper gets a touch, corner. 
  • Nice training ground routine ends with Elewere smashing the ball well over the bar. Naby he ain't.
  • Overall we don't look like we have an extra man. Derby's passing appears more effective. Charlton players need to learn to come looking for a pass. 

Somehow only 8 mins added?
  • Number 2 off 

15 On (Mac Reilly?)
  • Burstow to Clayden, naughty tackle but allegedly Clayden was offside... No idea due to the camera angle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Time wasting started around 70 mins by Derby but has gone up a level since we scored. 
  • Bakrin again with arms all over their bloke. Ref lets play continue and Derby waste it. 
  •  Huffing and puffing now. Have not been able to take enough advantage of the extra man.
  • Elerewe gets the ball forward to Reilly who gets sliced down. Somehow GK given. 
  • edited October 2021
    We look as much like scoring as we did after going 2-1 down at Bolton. But at least we're still going at them. 90 seconds left. 
  • Henry to take a free kick that came from a two handed shove. Straight to the keeper. 
  • Derby bloke picking a fight with Clayden... Heads have dropped now. 

Clayden and Derby bloke booked. 
  • Free kick outside our box from an Elerewe foul... 
  • Despite the score this has been very enjoyable and interesting.
  • Soft free kick easily caught. 

Derby looked much better, even after losing a man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A shame not to nick a point late on but, in truth, we weren't really good enough.

Have definitely had enough of the irritating commentator
  • Got to feel that misses from Powell & Elerewe x2 cost us there. 
  • Yes, we did not deserve a result on the balance of play. I don't think we can expect the conveyor belt from the youth team to the first team to be working for a few years.
  • Dempsey scored the best goal comfortably. 

Derby no2 was fantastic and Dempsey/Elerewe were our best outfield players, Beadle MOTM. 
  • Thanks for the updates @Dazzler21
  • On this performance, which is not enough to make a fair judgement Bakrin is going to get booked a lot in his career for needless fouls. Hands all over players time and time again. But he's what 18?! He'll learn. 

On reflection our average age was pretty low and to come away playing a decent U23 side losing by a single goal is respectable enough. 
  • Game over, they were better than us although I suspect they were on average a year or two more experienced than our boys.
    Thank goodness I have now turned off their irritating commentator.
  • Strange game with glaring misses from both sides…..did we deserve a point?
    Let’s just say if we had got an equaliser it wouldn’t have been highway robbery.
    They we’re the better side overall but a much improved performance by us in the second half with better finishing may well have won us a point.
  • Strange game with glaring misses from both sides…..did we deserve a point?
    Let’s just say if we had got an equaliser it wouldn’t have been highway robbery.
    They we’re the better side overall but a much improved performance by us in the second half with better finishing may well have won us a point.
    Agree with that, @SSoundAsa£"

That's how I saw it. 
  • I saw the last 20 minutes. 

I think the commentator said our Right Back triallist was Harris O Connor who a quick google told me.came from Rangers. 

Who was the Left Back?