Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• I enjoy watching the U23s. More so than the 1st 11 this season.
  • my first u23 game for many a year. The Princes Park stadium is a little gem with free parking and i get in free with my Valley Gold card.
    A very enjoyable 2 hours, Adkins stood at the back walkway all game, excepting half time, totally isolated from from the other coaches.

They were all there, JJ, the u23 coach- apologies forget his name, Gallen, & Steve Avery.  
    Perhaps they were assessing the 3 trialists for when CBT leaves in a few months along with the recalled Leko & Arter....😄
    Ha ha, nice one. Proper, Golfie ...... you just can't resist. :smile:

• With the Trialist triplets and two of them being CB, this may explain the game so far.
    Plus Deji, Barker, Ghandour and Claydon  missing.

Would expect Deji, Ghandour and Clayden to be involved in the pizza cup tomorrow night.
    Deji shouldn’t be involved at all until he’s signed a new contract.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Swisdom said:
    As much as it was only a tap in I’m glad Kanu scored.  He did at the weekend too.  He seems to score every time he plays!

joking aside though - regardless of the level he’s playing at a 1 in 2 striker is incredibly rare to find an “DK” appears to be a better ratio than that

exciting stuff and I think I heard a little whisper he had singed a contract with us too 😉
    i thought he looked good and i was quite impressed with roddy - one of the trialist centre halfs was awful - bambi on ice and the right back nothing special - adkins was stood on his own most of the game - roddy seemed to be with gallen - jackson popped up for a chat with john fortune but certainly weren't with adkins at any point fropm what i could see  - alex dyer and another ex pro who's name esca[pes me was there - i think barker was watching as well - disappointed not to see the beadle boys play - burstow looked decent, henry ok and chin and santos a bit lightweight to  really make any impact - all in all, first half was a bit crap and second half much better and only 1 team was gonna win it - the colchester centre forward was a bit of a beast - apparently he nearly knocked himself out doing a goal celebration last week    
    Not a bad assessment. The two 'central' defender trialists played alongside Bakrin to begin with, the theory being that Roddy and the RB trialist would push on.
    The number five trialist I agree looked a bit bambi on ice until the shape of the team was changed when Bakrin went off, and it became a conventional back four. The number 6 trialist was decent enough, and the RB trialist improved with the change of shape.
    It is worth emphasising how competitive and actually pretty good Colchester were throughout I thought, it ended up being a proper contest.
    I agree about the midfield three, but they will have better days, Chin to my mind is quite inventive (not tricksy) once he gets on the ball. Burstow was OK.
    I actually thought the two first half goals were partly down to two things, our keeper being unfamiliar with the play of the defensive trialists and therefore twisting when he should've stuck, but on reflection the two goals they scored when he lost his bearings might also have been something to do with the slope of the sunlight in the first half.
  • i missed the first 20 minutes but yes, colchester were decent although we were obviously not at full strength
  • A lot of current and ex Charlton there, what was Jon Fortune doing there? Is he agent to some of our U23s?

I'd forgotten Dyer was at Colchester now
  • Thanks for the observations on the game. Always good to hear how the youngsters are progressing
  • I lost my season ticket at the game yesterday, anybody there find it? Was down to getting my phone in and out of my pocket to do updates.
    Alternatively does anybody know what you do when you lose your season ticket?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I lost my season ticket at the game yesterday, anybody there find it? Was down to getting my phone in and out of my pocket to do updates.
    I think you can contact the Ticket Office and they'll issue a new one for £25
  • Got Derby in the Premier League cup tomorrow I see.

We beat Reading in the first game, a win tomorrow would put us through
  • seth plum said:
    I lost my season ticket at the game yesterday, anybody there find it? Was down to getting my phone in and out of my pocket to do updates.
    Take a big sigh of relief and do something fun on a Saturday afternoon instead.

Are we only allowed to play clubs who have had financial irregularities? After Derby do we play Sheffield Wednesday?

Where did you see that?
    I thought the next game was on Tuesday away at Cardiff.
    Is it tomorrow (Monday) at Dartford at 2pm, or some other place and time (and day?).
    I have looked on the club website for the information.
  • edited October 2021
    Ah.
    Have found this:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/10/under-23s-preview-charlton-athletic-h

Edit. I see it is an evening game being streamed on 'Rams TV' but access is limited.
    I wonder if there is a simple way we can watch it online without signing up to Derby County stuff.
  • seth plum said:
    Ah.
    Have found this:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/10/under-23s-preview-charlton-athletic-h

Edit. I see it is an evening game being streamed on 'Rams TV' but access is limited.
    I wonder if there is a simple way we can watch it online without signing up to Derby County stuff.
    Thanks for that link, didnt realise we had to play each team twice, so a win tomorrow doesnt put us through but would give us 6 points from 6 so put us in a strong position.

But with a game on tuesday as well makes u wonder what kind of a squad we put out tomorrow 
  • Yes. On the Cardiff City site they still have their U23 game against us listed for Tuesday. At 1pm.
    I have not heard about this sort of clash before, Derby away on a Monday evening (in Loughborough), and then Tuesday early afternoon in Cardiff.
    Mind you in the past it has been possible to get a good freely available stream from the Cardiff away fixtures, I seem to remember last season we won 5-4 there.
  • edited October 2021
    Just looked on the Cardiff website @seth plum and its 19th October so a week on Tuesday, so we have Derby tomorrow then a week before the Cardiff game
  • Just looked on the Cardiff website @seth plum and its 19th October so a week on Tuesday, so we have Derby tomorrow then a week before the Cardiff game
    My bad.
    I got the date wrong.
    Anyway, tomorrow will be interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Game is being screened by us as well
  • Redrobo said:
    Game is being screened by us as well
    Great stuff from our brilliant and hard working Comms team, as per usual.
  • Redrobo said:
    Derby’s pre match blurb is very good. It would be nice if we had something like that.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Derby’s pre match blurb is very good. It would be nice if we had something like that.
    No wonder they are in administration : - )
  • edited October 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Does anybody know which subscription we need to be able to watch it tonight. I can't make sense of what it says on the website. The game is not available as a one off purchase. Will a one month pass give access?
  • If you have the non-live monthly pass you can watch it: 

Thanks to Derby's Rams TV, the match against the Rams will be available to view for all CharltonTV subscribers as part of their monthly or annual subscription.

A CharltonTV monthly pass also provides unlimited access to all of CharltonTV’s non-live content, as well as live audio commentary of all first-team matches and the occasional live stream of academy matches where possible and is priced at just £6.50 per month.
  • Southbank said:
    Redrobo said:
    Does anybody know which subscription we need to be able to watch it tonight. I can't make sense of what it says on the website. The game is not available as a one off purchase. Will a one month pass give access?
    I have the same question Southbank, I think we buy the £6.50 monthly pass, it's state's it's valid immediatly.
    Not sure though!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If you have the non-live monthly pass you can watch it: 

Thanks to Derby's Rams TV, the match against the Rams will be available to view for all CharltonTV subscribers as part of their monthly or annual subscription.

A CharltonTV monthly pass also provides unlimited access to all of CharltonTV’s non-live content, as well as live audio commentary of all first-team matches and the occasional live stream of academy matches where possible and is priced at just £6.50 per month.
    Dazzler21 said:
    If you have the non-live monthly pass you can watch it: 

Great, thanks
  • That is correct chaps.