Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• l would say Colchester have dominated the first half and played good competitive effective football.
    They are always good at development level,
    ht 1-2
  • On the first half display none of the players are ready for a proper step up. 

6 shirt obscured,

The three trialists
  • Is Harry Beadle playing for Colchester?
  • 10 mins in second half some improvement 
  • seth plum said:
    10 mins in second half some improvement 
    Good luck getting home if you have driven there - the traffic around Dartford is appalling right now - grid lock almost
  • edited October 2021
    With the Trialist triplets and two of them being CB, this may explain the game so far.
    Plus Deji, Barker, Ghandour and Claydon  missing.

• Appiah and Gavin on for bird tow and Powell I think
  • not powell bakrin
  • Think Barker is on loan at Wealdstone
  • Kanu on for Santos 15 mins left
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see Nwankwo Kanu still playing at 52 as our over age player.
  •  Better second half
  • edited October 2021
    Goal about 80th minute virtual tap in for Kanu, missed who crossed it in low from the right
  • Is Harry Beadle playing for Colchester?
    Started but went off injured - came back too soon from ankle injury 
  • seth plum said:
    Goal about 80th minute virtual tap in for Kanu, missed who crossed it in low from the right
    Powell I think 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Barker is on loan at Wealdstone
    He is yes, joined a couple of weeks ago. They got smashed 5-0 at Torquay yesterday! Our ex-player Josh Umerah is there as well. 
  • With the Trialist triplets and two of them being CB, this may explain the game so far.

Would expect Deji, Ghandour and Clayden to be involved in the pizza cup tomorrow night.
  • With the Trialist triplets and two of them being CB, this may explain the game so far.

Would expect Deji, Ghandour and Clayden to be involved in the pizza cup tomorrow night.
    Has Ghandour not been called up for Lebanon this time?
  • edited October 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Looks like it will be a very strong (old) team tomorrow night? 
    Well I guess we have a large, and mainly fit or needing match fitness squad now so maybe it will be:

Henderson
    Barker Eleware Pearce Purrington
    Clare Dobson Morgan
    Claydon Stockley? DJ

Barker is on loan at Wealdstone 
    D'you want some?
  • seth plum said:
    After that equaliser, did the game finish with that 2-2 score?

Has Ghandour not been called up for Lebanon this time?
    Yes
  • Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:
    After that equaliser, did the game finish with that 2-2 score?

Yes 
  • my first u23 game for many a year. The Princes Park stadium is a little gem with free parking and i get in free with my Valley Gold card.
    A very enjoyable 2 hours, Adkins stood at the back walkway all game, excepting half time, totally isolated from from the other coaches.

They were all there, JJ, the u23 coach- apologies forget his name, Gallen, & Steve Avery.  
    Perhaps they were assessing the 3 trialists for when CBT leaves in a few months along with the recalled Leko & Arter....😄