Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Interesting that we're playing a lot of first teamers, if only for 45 minutes.

Maybe because it's a behind closed doors games we can.
    It’s a friendly match .. that why 
  • it's just to get them match fit for Saturday - no I'm not ITK
  • it's just to get them match fit for Saturday - no I'm not ITK
    That will be the 5 or 6 changes then that Adkins seems to have to make
  • FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 1 Brentford B 1 It finishes all square at Sparrows Lane.#cafc | http://cafc.co.uk
  • Good result against a premier league B team.

Anthony Hayes should be the next 1st team manager.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Good result against a premier league B team.

Nah he has got a stupid name. 
    Yeah, I know

Who calls their kid Anthony these days?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Good result against a premier league B team.

Nah he has got a stupid name. 
    Yeah, I know

Who calls their kid Anthony these days?
    Cheers Tony
  • I am assuming that tomorrow, October 4th 2021, there will be an U23 match at Dartford against Colchester United U23’s, with a 2pm kick off. I am also assuming season ticket holders get free entry on production of their season ticket.
    With the silly buggers cup game against Southampton due to be played on Tuesday evening I expect to see a pretty youthful team put out tomorrow.
    I hope that if there are changes to the arrangements, that the communications department at Charlton publishes appropriate comprehensive information about it as a service to supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• We are delighted to announce that Charlton Athletic midfielder James Vennings and former Colchester United Goalkeeper Callum Coulter have signed for the club!
    https://www.theshots.co.uk/new-signing-shots-sign-vennings-and-coulter/
  • Good news for Vennings.

• seth plum said:
    I am assuming that tomorrow, October 4th 2021, there will be an U23 match at Dartford against Colchester United U23’s, with a 2pm kick off. I am also assuming season ticket holders get free entry on production of their season ticket.
    With the silly buggers cup game against Southampton due to be played on Tuesday evening I expect to see a pretty youthful team put out tomorrow.
    I hope that if there are changes to the arrangements, that the communications department at Charlton publishes appropriate comprehensive information about it as a service to supporters.

Anthony Hayes' U23s return to action on Monday afternoon as they host Colchester United at Dartford's Princes Park.
    Supporters are welcome to attend all of the Addicks' development squad matches at Princes Park. Entrance is free for Valley Gold members and season-tickets holders, or £3 adults and £1 juniors on the door.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/615ab7e5ac92e/u23-preview-charlton-v-colchester-united

• Dazzler21 said:
    Good news for Vennings.
    I like Vennings and I can see him being in the first team squad next season or the one after. I hope we have him on a long contract.
  • The club website is not saying the actual time of the kick off. It can be 1pm sometimes, but previously this game has been said to be 2pm.
    I would like to see confirmation on the club website just to be sure.
  • seth plum said:
    The club website is not saying the actual time of the kick off. It can be 1pm sometimes, but previously this game has been said to be 2pm.
    The game is scheduled to kick-off at 2pm according the website
    Monday, October 4th: Charlton v Colchester United 2pm
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/matches/u23-matches

Hopefully somebody from the club may confirm this.
  • seth plum said:
    The club website is not saying the actual time of the kick off. It can be 1pm sometimes, but previously this game has been said to be 2pm.
    It says it both on the standfirst on the home page for the story and on the actual U23s fixture list, Seth, but it would normally be in the story itself, so I have also added in there as that was an oversight. 
    Thank you for taking the trouble to provide the information.
  • edited October 2021
    Looks like it will be a very strong (old) team tomorrow night? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I really fancy this one today but because it’s a 2 o’clock kick-off and I have to do the school run I just can’t make it. It’s not worth me going just for the first half especially with those stupid fucking protesters causing traffic everywhere. 
  • 5 mins fk low powerful shot Henry from 19 yards 1-0
  • 1-1 after Harvey charged out left an open goal from a low cross
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Well I guess we have a large, and mainly fit or needing match fitness squad now so maybe it will be:

Henderson
    Barker Eleware Pearce Purrington
    Clare Dobson Morgan
    Claydon Stockley? DJ

• 20 mins in Colchester score again with Harvey again in no mans land.1-2
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Well I guess we have a large, and mainly fit or needing match fitness squad now so maybe it will be:

Henderson
    Clare Dobson Morgan
    Claydon Stockley? DJ

Barker is on loan at Wealdstone 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Henderson
    Clare Dobson Morgan
    Claydon Stockley? DJ

That's exactly what I though. 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Henderson
    Clare Dobson Morgan
    Claydon Stockley? DJ

Barker is on loan at Wealdstone 
    Ah yes, I even remember the social media posts and obviously automatically thinking about the ‘Wealdstone Raider’. Presumably Matthews will play RB then?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Henderson
    Clare Dobson Morgan
    Claydon Stockley? DJ

That's almost the "failed" first team from the beginning of the season  ;)