Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Kanu needs to sign a contract sooner rather than later. The longer this drags on, the more concerned I am.
    Has anyone with connections to the club or who go to watch the youth games heard anything about why he hasn't signed yet?

Given his obvious talent you'd have thought we'd want him signed the day he turned 17. But he didn't sign and he still hasn't so there must be a reason.
  • Didn't know the game was on or I might well have gone, envious of you lot that went.
    Enough of me, that fight back shows good spirit & morale.
    Plenty of young talent including Kanu, Williams, Bakrin, Elerewe to name just a few.
         COYR !
  • Leuth said:
    Henry is decent, but a penalty and a free-kick their keeper practically threw into his own net doesn't prove a great deal. Kanu seems like the real deal. Who passed to him for the winner? Williams? That was a great ball
    A good rather than a great ball, should have been cut out really. Nice composed finish mind by a very promising young player. 

Great comeback, lovely result. 
    That was my first assessment but what we can't see is how far way it was from the defender at the interception point as there was definitely some curl on the ball. Don't think anyone could argue, in any event, that the weight of the pass wasn't perfect as it ran away from the defenders outstretched leg and into Kanu's path perfectly.
    Hmmm, bit of rose tinted specs here, the Millwall defender should have dealt with it comfortably. Not criticising Kanu - his run was good to draw the error but it was an error. Kanu finished well and looks a real goal poacher.
  • Leuth said:
    Henry is decent, but a penalty and a free-kick their keeper practically threw into his own net doesn't prove a great deal. Kanu seems like the real deal. Who passed to him for the winner? Williams? That was a great ball
    A good rather than a great ball, should have been cut out really. Nice composed finish mind by a very promising young player. 

Great comeback, lovely result. 
    That was my first assessment but what we can't see is how far way it was from the defender at the interception point as there was definitely some curl on the ball. Don't think anyone could argue, in any event, that the weight of the pass wasn't perfect as it ran away from the defenders outstretched leg and into Kanu's path perfectly.
    Agree on the weight of the pass. But although young, 9 times out of 10 that’s cut out by the defender. 
  • Kanu needs to sign a contract sooner rather than later. The longer this drags on, the more concerned I am.
    Has anyone with connections to the club or who go to watch the youth games heard anything about why he hasn't signed yet?

Given his obvious talent you'd have thought we'd want him signed the day he turned 17. But he didn't sign and he still hasn't so there must be a reason.
    He’s probably got top clubs from all over the country tapping him up. If he’s got an agent, I’d be surprised if he was pushing him to stay here.
  • @MillwallFan

2-0 and you f****d it up

Isn't it sad that our record is so poor against Millwall at first team level that we (I) have to pipe up after an u-23 game.
  • Magnificent. 

• "South London is Ours".
  • @MillwallFan

2-0 and you f****d it up

Isn't it sad that our record is so poor against Millwall at first team level that we (I) have to pipe up after an u-23 game.
    I wouldn't call it sad.

I'd call it brilliant! 
  • barstool said:
    Is that not the double over Millwall ?
    Under your comment was a sale ad. 

• Sponsored links:

• What are Kanu's stats this season? Seems to be scoring every game. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    What are Kanu's stats this season? Seems to be scoring every game. 
    As far as I can tell, he has scored 23 goals in total.

20 for the U18s (10 league, 6 Dev.League Cup and 4 FA Youth Cup)
    2 for the U23s
    1 for the U17s (Premier League Cup)

There are a couple of goalscorers unaccounted for, so he might have scored more.
    So pretty much a goal a game across 3 age groups. Get the kid signed up now on an extremely long contract. he is quite clearly a special talent 
  • clive said:
    Should be at champion hill more often. It's actually in London albeit very close to Millwall
  • clive said:
    Should be at champion hill more often. It's actually in London albeit very close to Millwall
    Not that closer to Millwall than The Valley!

The bar should be open at Champion Hill tonight (and you can see the pitch from the bar) so worth a trip for anyone at a loose end.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Not that closer to Millwall than The Valley!

The bar should be open at Champion Hill tonight (and you can see the pitch from the bar) so worth a trip for anyone at a loose end.
    Looking forward to this one now I have negotiated the pass with the Mrs
  • Sage said:
    Regarding Kanu, all we need to do is see how well Burstow has performed for the first team when given the chance. He’ll be starting his first league game on Saturday, 8 months after the U18 play-offs. There is some real talent amongst the younger players, all seemingly around a similar age right now too.

Kanu has scored in pretty much every game and has physicality about him to add. We need to tie him down before we lose him like we have other youngsters. 

He looks to be an exceptional talent and as we all know, goal scorers are what everyone is after and why they get paid the big bucks is because they are the difference. Sign him up and include him with the first team in pre-season to see how he does, he may flourish, or risk losing him completely and being another in years to come where we say if only we kept him.

To me, this is just as important as getting the recruitment for the first team right. It’s these things that show ambition just as much as anything else. 
    Even more so really - We might not like it, but the way to get promoted whilst playing to the rules, is by producing kids, seeing them for a profit and then putting the rewards back into the current squad.

Roland screwed us over when we sold Gomez and Lookman, and then fucked up by not renewing Aribo's contract as he would most likely have gone the same way as the other two in terms of transfer fees, albeit slightly less.

Hopefully we dont have an owner now that'll just pocket the transfer fees for the former two, we CERTAINLY cant afford to have an owner who is going to dither, which'll constantly result in us losing our top talent for peanuts.
  • Sage said:
    Regarding Kanu, all we need to do is see how well Burstow has performed for the first team when given the chance. He’ll be starting his first league game on Saturday, 8 months after the U18 play-offs. There is some real talent amongst the younger players, all seemingly around a similar age right now too.

Kanu has scored in pretty much every game and has physicality about him to add. We need to tie him down before we lose him like we have other youngsters. 

He looks to be an exceptional talent and as we all know, goal scorers are what everyone is after and why they get paid the big bucks is because they are the difference. Sign him up and include him with the first team in pre-season to see how he does, he may flourish, or risk losing him completely and being another in years to come where we say if only we kept him.

To me, this is just as important as getting the recruitment for the first team right. It’s these things that show ambition just as much as anything else. 
    Even more so really - We might not like it, but the way to get promoted whilst playing to the rules, is by producing kids, seeing them for a profit and then putting the rewards back into the current squad.

Roland screwed us over when we sold Gomez and Lookman, and then fucked up by not renewing Aribo's contract as he would most likely have gone the same way as the other two in terms of transfer fees, albeit slightly less.

Hopefully we dont have an owner now that'll just pocket the transfer fees for the former two, we CERTAINLY cant afford to have an owner who is going to dither, which'll constantly result in us losing our top talent for peanuts.
    Slightly unfair, in that if a club is making sizeable losses, someone or something has to cover them. And yes, much of that loss making was down to bad decisions by Roland, but not all. And we've continued to sell players under Thomas. Bonne, Dillon, Doughty and indeed Beadle, 3 of those being academy players. That's the way things are in L1

The Aribo situation was more annoying and avoidable, ditto Konsa.
  • No Kanu...
  • but they have a Lovie
  • No Kanu...
    Assume there is an u18 game tomorrow
  • No Kanu...
    Assume there is an u18 game tomorrow
    11am vs qpr