Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Good first assist from the sub
  • Another superb watch today.
  • They should make the first team watch a recording of this on the way to Cambridge. 
  • They should make the first team watch a recording of this on the way to Cambridge. 
    This lot should be on their way to Cambridge and the first team should be playing this game.
  • edited April 2022
    Lovely cross by Leaburn for the 5th.  He has good feet and vision.  
    Anderson looks superb. 
    Kanu is a proper striker, will score at all levels.
    Agyemang looks strong and skillfull.  
    Williams plays some wonderful flowing footy.
    Mitchell and Assimbwe very decent prospects and Kone awesome.
  • Just Barker who has not impressed more than others younger than him, but it's a team game. 

• mendonca said:
    Just Barker who has not impressed more than others younger than him, but it's a team game. 

He's only 19. (born Feb 2003)

Think he done well today
  • Leaburn makes it 6

• Leaburn!!!!! Makes it 6 with the last touch of the game

• Sponsored links:

• Full time 6-1

• edited April 2022
    Nice one. He has been moved from left to right which isn't easy, so shown flexibility. 

Big man with the final goal.
  • Two misses from Kanu, he's rubbish 😄
  • Two misses from Kanu, he's rubbish 😄
    Ha both with time on hands and a hat trick bagged. 
  • I hope this Kanu lad is on a proper contract, and it’s got some length to it - 39 goals in a season will have the vultures circling….
  • I hope this Kanu lad is on a proper contract, and it’s got some length to it - 39 goals in a season will have the vultures circling….
    He's certainly on a Pro Contract... Signed it this season
  • mendonca said:
    Two misses from Kanu, he's rubbish 😄
    Ha both with time on hands and a hat trick bagged. 
    Missed one in the first half too.  Strikers must score every chance they get or they are rubbish  :)

As I said earlier, I was really impressed with his link up play.  He's not just a poacher although all three goals were in or near the six yard box and first time finishes.  That's good play  and even better movement.

And he's under contract.

The Paint Pot Trophy games might actually be worth watching next season if they play this side.

PS. I'm impressed by Bakrin too.  Maybe not ready now but a physical presence and can play it on the ground too.

• Useless fact.

Cardiff U23s manager is Charlton legend Darren Purse
  • Sponsored links:

• FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 6 Cardiff City U23s 1 Daniel Kanu is the hat-trick hero at The Valley as Anthony Hayes' young Addicks cruise to victory against the Bluebirds.
  • Does anyone know how to get a message to the commentator? I just want to reminder her that Charlton has a t in it
  • Fuck me - some excellent goals there - the Anderson strike - wow
  • Does anyone know how to get a message to the commentator? I just want to reminder her that Charlton has a t in it
    No, it doesn't.
  • edited April 2022
    I hope this Kanu lad is on a proper contract, and it’s got some length to it - 39 goals in a season will have the vultures circling….
    Signed a deal to 2024. Which if we're still in league one no doubt means we will either sell him next summer or watch him go on a free (+ whatever nominal fee we get for coaching him) in 2024