Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Santos off for Hobden.
  • People STILL throw Barker's name out as some kind of star of the future, despite it being common knowledge he was fast tracked to the first team under Bowyer because there was literally no-one else eligible to play. He's average at the very best
  • Both sides have goals ruled out for off-side.

We're still pushing but can't carve out clear chances
  • Final Score Charlton Athletic 2 Hull City 4
    Harsh but accurate.
  • Fair result.

We weren't allowed to play our normal game.

No idea of the ages of the Hull side but we were very young, all bar Viggers and Barker are U18s and even those two are 19 IIRC.  Others are 17 or even 16.

In their own U18 league they are champions so it's not that there is no talent there.

• edited May 2022

How I enjoy hearing that comment, Leaburn being fouled for the penalty, let us hope he can do as well, if not better, than his dad
  • I know one of the Hull players, Hall, who scored and also an assist in the 4-2 victory.
    Sincere Hall isn't 18 until next month and had been playing in the struggling Hull U18 team. 

Hall joined Hull from Kinetic academy in South London (where Joe Aribo spent  3 seasons) and only had a one year contract so yesterday was very important for him after joining last August; A scholars contract. 

Interesting that the number 9 was "A Trialist" for Hull and scored two goals.

• I know one of the Hull players, Hall, who scored and also an assist in the 4-2 victory.
    Sincere Hall isn't 18 until next month and had been playing in the struggling Hull U18 team. 

Hall joined Hull from Kinetic academy in South London (where Joe Aribo spent  3 seasons) and only had a one year contract so yesterday was very important for him after joining last August; A scholars contract. 

I was at the game yesterday & the number 9 was Sam Unwin according to the teamsheet.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    I know one of the Hull players, Hall, who scored and also an assist in the 4-2 victory.

I was at the game yesterday & the number 9 was Sam Unwin according to the teamsheet.
    Former Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers (-12/2018), FC Bury (01/2019-08/2019) and FC Burnley (09/2019-2021) player according to Transfermarket
  • edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    I expect the majority (hopefully all) of those we offered contracts to have already signed, it just hasn’t been announced. I’m sure Leaburn for example wouldn’t have gone to Spain had he rejected our offer and was signing elsewhere.
    Hope so but the new website is interesting that it talks about kids having signed their first contracts etc but for those whom were offered but no news so far who all have much shorter profiles.

Of course, good news is they are all on the new website and played for the U23s today.
  • Nathan Harvey has signed a new deal with us. Confirmed on his IG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent news.

Is it just Leaburn yet to sign now?
  • Slightly surprised by Harvey being offered another deal, though I imagine the loss of Beadle opened up a place
  • Slightly surprised by Harvey being offered another deal, though I imagine the loss of Beadle opened up a place
    Surprised that Kone hasnt been offered a pro deal instead..

He's impressed me - Beadle going has almost opened a window of opportunity for him
    Surprised that Kone hasnt been offered a pro deal instead..

He's impressed me - Beadle going has almost opened a window of opportunity for him
    Surprised too, thought he looked good. 
  • There was a behind closed doors U23s game v Millwall today.

Sorry, don't have any more information 
  • There was a behind closed doors U23s game v Millwall today.

Ah that explains seeing a youth player in London Bridge. Hair similar to Sean Clare (but shorter) and around 6ft1/2.
  • mendonca said:
    There was a behind closed doors U23s game v Millwall today.

Ah that explains seeing a youth player in London Bridge. Hair similar to Sean Clare (but shorter) and around 6ft1/2.
    This lad perhaps?