Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Slightly surprised by Harvey being offered another deal, though I imagine the loss of Beadle opened up a place
    Surprised that Kone hasnt been offered a pro deal instead..

He's impressed me - Beadle going has almost opened a window of opportunity for him
    IIRC Kone was only 16 at the end of last season so can't sign pro terms until he's 17
  • mendonca said:
    There was a behind closed doors U23s game v Millwall today.

Sorry, don't have any more information 
    Ah that explains seeing a youth player in London Bridge. Hair similar to Sean Clare (but shorter) and around 6ft1/2.
    This lad perhaps?

That was him. 
  • mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

Ah that explains seeing a youth player in London Bridge. Hair similar to Sean Clare (but shorter) and around 6ft1/2.
    This lad perhaps?

That was him. 
    Good sign then... As thats Toure, another lad we've offered a pro deal to.

He looks an absolute unit in that image, so not surprised hes over 6ft
  • mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

This lad perhaps?

That was him. 
    Good sign then... As thats Toure, another lad we've offered a pro deal to.

He looks an absolute unit in that image, so not surprised hes over 6ft
    Yep, he has had injury issues, but he impresses when he plays.
  • Slightly surprised by Harvey being offered another deal, though I imagine the loss of Beadle opened up a place

He's impressed me - Beadle going has almost opened a window of opportunity for him
    He’s younger isn’t he? From what some have said I’m sure it won’t be long until we offer him a pro deal. He may have interest from elsewhere though as Beadle did.
  • edited July 2022
    Slightly surprised by Harvey being offered another deal, though I imagine the loss of Beadle opened up a place

IIRC Kone was only 16 at the end of last season so can't sign pro terms until he's 17
    Is he not allowed to sign a deal now, that'll become effective the moment he reaches the required age?

Crazy in a way that we talk about the fact that Kone only turned 16 at the end of last season, like its a really young age for a Footballer (well it is) - But then the likes of Konchesky | Gomez | Shelvey all appeared for the first team at that age.

Shows how much unusual talent a kid must have to appear in the First Team at that age
  • What about Anderson? He really impressed the times I watched on stream. 
  • What about Anderson? He really impressed the times I watched on stream. 
    Signed pro last year I think. All good. 
  • I'm surprised as well that there has been nothing about terms for Bower or Kedwell
  • Sponsored links:

I suppose to be fair, he does have to act as a mascot as well.
  • edited July 2022
    So who’s left to be confirmed?

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/6286075ee9cf5/academy-update-retained-and-released-players

Williams ✅
    Harvey ✅
    Reilly ✅
    Adigun ✅
    Leaburn❓(suggested on here he signed yesterday)
    Lapado❓
    Toure ❓

• Scoham said:
    So who’s left to be confirmed?

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/6286075ee9cf5/academy-update-retained-and-released-players

Williams ✅
    Harvey ✅
    Reilly ✅
    Adigun ✅
    Leaburn❓(suggested on here he signed yesterday)
    Lapado❓
    Toure ❓

All have been involved in pre season so must be signed up. 
  • I assumed that too but the club confirmed Williams and Harvey earlier today, while Adign and Reilly recently posted their news on their Instagram accounts.
  • Toure has been injured a lot. I expect him to sign.

The other two, who knows but 🤞

• These just might be the most important signings we make this close season.
  • Billy French signed a deal the same day as Ness, I see he has been injured for a lot of the last 12 months, but I haven’t heard him spoken of on here really.

Can someone a bit more knowledgeable than me, tell me about him and whether or not he is one we may see pushing this season or not as he doesn’t seem that young.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Billy French signed a deal the same day as Ness, I see he has been injured for a lot of the last 12 months, but I haven’t heard him spoken of on here really.

Can someone a bit more knowledgeable than me, tell me about him and whether or not he is one we may see pushing this season or not as he doesn’t seem that young.
    Believe French is a CB, he only got a 1 year deal while Ness and Deji both have contracts until 2024. Suggests he's behind them in the pecking order. Don't think he's been out on loan yet so that might be the next step for him in trying to win an extension.
  • Away to Wealdstone today.
    This will be a good test for the boys as Wealdstone are in the National League Premier.
  • Sponsored links:

This will be a good test for the boys as Wealdstone are in the National League Premier.
    You want some.
    You want some.
    I'll be looking out for him, if only to see who is the tallest.
  • Goal for Charlton. Aaron Henry plays it across the box to Euan Williams who calmly finishes past Howes. 0-1
  • Goal for Charlton. Aaron Henry plays it across the box to Euan Williams who calmly finishes past Howes. 0-1
    Bloody game moved to 12, was looking forward to this.
    Interesting that Aaron Henry isnt with the First Team today...
    Interesting that Aaron Henry isnt with the First Team today...
    Assuming Dobson is back, he wouldn't be starting anyway 
  • So what happened yesterday?. No updates and nothing on the OS. Anybody know?. 
  • So what happened yesterday?. No updates and nothing on the OS. Anybody know?. 
    We beat Wealdstone 1-0
  • Any trouble from the Wealdstone Raider?