Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anjem Choudary convicted

Comments

• Options
    Shot him. Banging him up in Cat A prison is a waste of tax payers money.
  • Options
    The fact that tv media outlets even entertained him live on air was a disgrace
  • Options

10 years in one of our cushy prisons where he can brainwash weak minded criminals. Great!

Sad but this I think is true

• Options
    this obviously shouldn't need to be said but executing this guy would radicalise far more young muslims than he ever could in jail
  • Options
    I don't think he should be executed but accidentally putting him in the same wing as, say, a bunch of EDL knuckle-draggers, and turning a blind eye to anything that happens would not be out of order.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I don't think he should be executed but accidentally putting him in the same wing as, say, a bunch of EDL knuckle-draggers, and turning a blind eye to anything that happens would not be out of order.

I'm sure something like this will happen at some point. I get that guys in for similar offences are put together but i'm sure i read a while back that one of Lee Rigby's killers had some of his teeth knocked out in an attack so they're obviously not isolated all the time.
  • Options
    Hopefully he will get the ten years maximum and then after serving nine years twelve months he comes out as sad old man pushing sixty years of age realising his life has be a wasted opportunity. One where he could have done some real good for the world.
  • Options
    You cruel lot - I believe he should be re-united with his friends.

Perhaps dropped out of a plane over Raqqa, with the answer to his final question being 'Parachute? What parachute?'

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Rizzo said:

I'm sure something like this will happen at some point. I get that guys in for similar offences are put together but i'm sure i read a while back that one of Lee Rigby's killers had some of his teeth knocked out in an attack so they're obviously not isolated all the time.

His teeth got knocked out after he kicked off and had to be restrained by officers. Officers who had to wait months to be cleared of any wrongdoing.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Unlikely. He'll be protected by like minded individuals and they form the biggest gang in the system. He may get done but whoever does it will be segregated for his/their own protection. The Muslim boys tend to have long memories.
  • Options
    He's off the streets. That's a result for all of us. He will have plenty of time to reflect and zero influence on anyone. For him I think that's going to be quite a punishment. I hope his time really drags.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

10 years in one of our cushy prisons where he can brainwash weak minded criminals. Great!

that's the problem. out on the streets a lot of his followers were weak minded and recently converted to the muslim faith, most converted by choudary himself. making it easier for him to spout his hatred to them without them being experienced or knowledgeable enough in the faith to see through his bitterness and lies.
    I'm sure there will be some in prison who are bitter and looking for someone other than themselves to blame and can be easily manipulated and influenced in believing the vile nonsense that is part of his rhetoric.
  • Options

A coward of the lowest order---- perverts people's minds and gets them to fight his twisted wars

He still ain't behind bars and will still be twisting people's minds even when he does

like a muslim Tony Blair...
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Maybe he could take a few of them down too, by that logic
  • Options
    Can't we just put him in solitary confinement and not tell anyone about it?
  • Options

that's the problem. out on the streets a lot of his followers were weak minded and recently converted to the muslim faith, most converted by choudary himself. making it easier for him to spout his hatred to them without them being experienced or knowledgeable enough in the faith to see through his bitterness and lies.
    I'm sure there will be some in prison who are bitter and looking for someone other than themselves to blame and can be easily manipulated and influenced in believing the vial nonsense that is part of his rhetoric.
    He will be kept segregated from the general Muslim prison population. Will have zero influence on anyone who isn't already convicted for similar crimes. I'm sure he will spend wasted time in correspondence with his lawyers but won't be able to spread his hate.

It will I'm glad to say seem a very long sentence for someone like him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Leuth said:

this obviously shouldn't need to be said but executing this guy would radicalise far more young muslims than he ever could in jail

Even if he dies a natural death?
  • Options
    I think if we sent these people to live in the Islamic State with no right of return they might start to think twice. How many of us when given the choice of living the way they live or being in prison would chose the latter?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Rizzo said:

Maybe he could take a few of them down too, by that logic
    Well it's a win-win then, although I suspect he's a lover, not a fighter.
  • Options
    He should not have had the right to appear in front of a jury. Just thrown in prison with no right for a trial. If I had been on the jury I would not have even listened to the defence. He hasn't got one.
  • Options

I'm sure there will be some in prison who are bitter and looking for someone other than themselves to blame and can be easily manipulated and influenced in believing the vial nonsense that is part of his rhetoric.
    He will be kept segregated from the general Muslim prison population. Will have zero influence on anyone who isn't already convicted for similar crimes. I'm sure he will spend wasted time in correspondence with his lawyers but won't be able to spread his hate.

Out of interest is that a matter of fact?
  • Options
    masicat said:

He believes Mohammed flew to heaven on a winged horse and cut the moon in half. As does the Mayor of London.

I cannot believe that a British politican can get away with stating something like that!! Did no-one challenge him when he he said it?
  • Options

I'm sure he will not be allowed to fraternise with other general inmates. Kept along with other "radicals" much in the same way that sex offenders are kept separate.

• Options
    Kiely#1 said:

masicat said:

He believes Mohammed flew to heaven on a winged horse and cut the moon in half. As does the Mayor of London.

I cannot believe that a British politican can get away with stating something like that!! Did no-one challenge him when he he said it?
    I think you can find something that makes people of any religion seem ridiculous! A bit unfair on the Mayor of London.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Kiely#1 said:

masicat said:

I think you can find something that makes people of any religion seem ridiculous! A bit unfair on the Mayor of London.
    Raised as a Roman Catholic I have some doubts about the bible, strangely enough. I'd be interested to see the statement he made about winged horses though.
  • Options

As it stands, no. There have been discussions around how to combat the rise of radicalisation in prisons but nothing has actually been implemented.

Mr Choudary will be freely mixing with the general population until such a time that the authorities agree to keep his ilk on their own wing much in the same way that nonces are.