Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anjem Choudary convicted

Comments

• Options

10 years in one of our cushy prisons where he can brainwash weak minded criminals. Great!

that's the problem. out on the streets a lot of his followers were weak minded and recently converted to the muslim faith, most converted by choudary himself. making it easier for him to spout his hatred to them without them being experienced or knowledgeable enough in the faith to see through his bitterness and lies.
    I'm sure there will be some in prison who are bitter and looking for someone other than themselves to blame and can be easily manipulated and influenced in believing the vial nonsense that is part of his rhetoric.
    He will be kept segregated from the general Muslim prison population. Will have zero influence on anyone who isn't already convicted for similar crimes. I'm sure he will spend wasted time in correspondence with his lawyers but won't be able to spread his hate.

It will I'm glad to say seem a very long sentence for someone like him.

Out of interest is that a matter of fact?
    As it stands, no. There have been discussions around how to combat the rise of radicalisation in prisons but nothing has actually been implemented.

Mr Choudary will be freely mixing with the general population until such a time that the authorities agree to keep his ilk on their own wing much in the same way that nonces are.
    If the cap fits
  • Options

10 years in one of our cushy prisons where he can brainwash weak minded criminals. Great!

that's the problem. out on the streets a lot of his followers were weak minded and recently converted to the muslim faith, most converted by choudary himself. making it easier for him to spout his hatred to them without them being experienced or knowledgeable enough in the faith to see through his bitterness and lies.
    I'm sure there will be some in prison who are bitter and looking for someone other than themselves to blame and can be easily manipulated and influenced in believing the vial nonsense that is part of his rhetoric.
    He will be kept segregated from the general Muslim prison population. Will have zero influence on anyone who isn't already convicted for similar crimes. I'm sure he will spend wasted time in correspondence with his lawyers but won't be able to spread his hate.

As it stands, no. There have been discussions around how to combat the rise of radicalisation in prisons but nothing has actually been implemented.

Mr Choudary will be freely mixing with the general population until such a time that the authorities agree to keep his ilk on their own wing much in the same way that nonces are.
    If the cap fits
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A lot of vicars and priests don't believe every word of the bible. The same goes for muslims and the Koran. Fundamentalists take everything literally. It is an issue that muslims have to address though because we definitely have more issues around muslim fundamentalism than christian fundamentalism!
  • Options

A lot of vicars and priests don't believe every word of the bible. The same goes for muslims and the Koran. Fundamentalists take everything literally. It is an issue that muslims have to address though because we definitely have more issues around muslim fundamentalism than christian fundamentalism!

Winged horses though, cutting the moon in half! I don't can't believe the mayor of London said that!
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Winged horses though, cutting the moon in half! I don't can't believe the mayor of London said that!
    he did and he said he wants it taught in all london schools, also said that even non muslim girls should wear the burka out of respect.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Kiely#1 said:

he did and he said he wants it taught in all london schools, also said that even non muslim girls should wear the burka out of respect.
    ...and that his dad's was a bus driver, he was bought up on a rough council estate and went to a local comprehensive school
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

When and where did he say those things? First I've heard of it.
  • Options
    Yeah but his opponent said that cheese grows on postboxes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kiely#1 said:

He told Dave in private, over 2 pie and 2 mash with plenty of liquor, oh and that's the new Mayors 2nd favourite meal, with spotted dick to folla
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

it was either when he first became mayor at his exceptance or i completely made it all up, my memory isnt what it was...
    Let me help you. You made it up.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Kiely#1 said:

It's no different to Christians believing Jesus rose from the dead or fed 5000 people with a tin of sardines and a sliced loaf.

I think what the original comment was getting at is that the Mayor is Muslim and therefore believes this 'miracle' actually happened.

There are different explanations for the miracle. One of which is that the moon has never been split in half but will be come the day of judgement.

Proper batshit if you ask me.
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

it was either when he first became mayor at his exceptance or i completely made it all up, my memory isnt what it was...
    Prove it
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

you sure, that doesn't sound like something i would do
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

Prove it
    God told me.
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

Prove it
    God told me.
    Over a ruby with banana fritters to folla?
  • Options
    The mayors brother is the boxing coach of the GB super heavyweight joe Joyce
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

Prove it
    God told me.
    Over a ruby with banana fritters to folla?
    Mmmmm sounds nice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all about pub quiz points vg, you'll thank me one day, and it's far more important than cutting a moon in half
  • Options

I'm sure he will not be allowed to fraternise with other general inmates. Kept along with other "radicals" much in the same way that sex offenders are kept separate.

Yet @AddickUpNorth suggests otherwise and he works in a prison!
  • Options

I think we need to recognise their influence and create a separate facility where they can be locked up with like minded criminals rather than recruit further naive individuals.

my mates other half works in belmarsh so can only vouch for there, but any convicts that are serving for this type of crime are put together same rules as nonces, obvs there sectioned for there own safety but the extremists are segretgated so they cant get followers.
    Well it seems opinion differs ?

• Options

I think we need to recognise their influence and create a separate facility where they can be locked up with like minded criminals rather than recruit further naive individuals.

my mates other half works in belmarsh so can only vouch for there, but any convicts that are serving for this type of crime are put together same rules as nonces, obvs there sectioned for there own safety but the extremists are segretgated so they cant get followers.
    Well it seems opinion differs ?

My uncle's friend's chicken told me to trust first hand sources, so I'll stick to that!
  • Options

I'm sure he will not be allowed to fraternise with other general inmates. Kept along with other "radicals" much in the same way that sex offenders are kept separate.

He doesn't work in a prison, he is in prison!

He is segregated on a wing with all the other scum that broke the terms of their ABC
  • Options
    Belmarsh has a huge problem already with dealing with radical prisoners
  • Options
    Let's get this straight: UP TO ten years maximum.

Which means 4 years 6 months actually in prison - then 6(?) months on a tag then is free.

And he's not been sentenced yet - that's the MAXIMUM.

Pretty pathetic really.
  • Options

@Stu_of_Kunming Indeed I have, I'm in my eleventh year of working at the coal face of a High Security prison. It's my experience that suggests Shooters is wrong. There is no policy that separates Islamic terrorists from the general population. I have met some very committed individuals who have been convicted of planning extreme terrorist acts in the name of Islam. I have unlocked them alongside multi-million pound drug importers, gangland executioners, common or garden murderers, armed blaggers etc. The prison service doesn't want to legitimise their cause by putting them in separate units.
    Of course, for GOAD (Good Order and Discipline) there may be times when individuals are segregated for the good of the prison and I have seen that with a few individuals who are seen as too disruptive, too influential to be left to spread their rhetoric but this is unusually rare. It's worth remembering that the majority of IRA prisoners were located in general population at a time when officers would check under their cars before leaving work.
    Old Anjem will probably be kept separate for a while but I have no doubt he'll be tested in normal location at some point. How that pans out will be entirely down to him.
  • Options

He doesn't work in a prison, he is in prison!

He is segregated on a wing with all the other scum that broke the terms of their ABC

Shhh don't tell everyone. I had to smuggle the phone I'm typing this on up my 'arris. If the screws find out I'll be wrapped up and down the seg.
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

Don't go on, he's Foreign Secretary now .