Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes (ed. Pg 4 - joined Oxford on season loan)

Comments

• Options
    The big fish in a little pool, finally realised he wasnt all that....
  • Options
    Playing beneath his level in my view.

Surely another championship club would have tried to take him?!
  • Options

• Options

Yes, you'd have thought someone like Bolton or Wigan would have had a punt on him
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Have another guess :smile:
  • Options

Can picture it now

Tussday 23rd October
    Charlton 0-0 Oxford

95th minute Oxford get a free kick, Ricky Holmes stands over it, hits it straight into top cornet, Holmes and Robinson run over to the covered end to celebrate in front of 27 fans

• Options

Can picture it now

Tussday 23rd October
    Charlton 0-0 Oxford

95th minute Oxford get a free kick, Ricky Holmes stands over it, hits it straight into top cornet, Holmes and Robinson run over to the covered end to celebrate

While they trumpet their success I'll already be in the bugle.
  • Options

Can picture it now

Tussday 23rd October
    Charlton 0-0 Oxford

95th minute Oxford get a free kick, Ricky Holmes stands over it, hits it straight into top cornet, Holmes and Robinson run over to the covered end to celebrate

If you think that by late October we would be getting to 90+ mins without letting in a goal then I'll have some of what you're on.

Good player that he can be on his day, the last dozen or so games he played for us last season showed his head had been turned & didn't want to be here.....so in a way I'm glad we didn't try to have him back.

will be good on his day but maybe the fact that Sheff U hardly played him & no other clubs came in for him bar his old pal Robbo, then maybe he's had his day.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Can picture it now

Tussday 23rd October
    Charlton 0-0 Oxford

While they trumpet their success I'll already be on the bugle.
    Sorted for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed todays game Injured

Has apparently had an injection for an ongoing back probably.

Never stop Karl, you are a fantastic parody
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Uboat said:

Can picture it now

Tussday 23rd October
    Charlton 0-0 Oxford

While they trumpet their success I'll already be in the bugle.
    Someone beat me to the amendment!
  • Options
    Would have him back here in a heartbeat
  • Options
    Since Holmes got injured their league form is - W1 D3 L6. 6 points from 10 games.
  • Options
    Has been injured.
    Back problem.
    Oxford looking to send him back to Sheffield United.
  • Options
    Holmes just behind Taylor and Grant would be magical.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Would have him back here in a heartbeat

Must admit he was a favourite of mine but who would he replace given the present set up now we have Williams. Would be good cover for him mind which would push Fosu into third choice for the No.10 role.
  • Options
    It’s not gone too well for Holmes since he left us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would definitely prefer Holmes over Clarke or Fosu.
  • Options
    Loved him when he was here but don’t think he would fit anymore. Pretty sure Bowyer had a chance to bring him back in the summer and said no. I may be wrong
  • Options
    Crispy said:

Loved him when he was here but don’t think he would fit anymore. Pretty sure Bowyer had a chance to bring him back in the summer and said no. I may be wrong

You're right.
  • Options
    A fit Holmes would be an asset to the squad, but it's not obvious that we need anyone in his position. And with his back problem, no thanks
  • Options
    A mute argument surely. He’s unfit and will no doubt see out the remainder of this season in Sheffield Utd’s treatment room.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Crispy said:

You're right.
    Thanks! We need a striker and that’s it I think. No need for Holmes when we have Fosu, Reeves and Williams. Williams at top of the diamond for rest of the season and we are right in the hunt for automatic
  • Options
    “If it is what we think we need to have a conversation about maybe going back, but we’ll speak to Sheffield United first.”

Trust Karl Robinson to blabber out to the press before he's even spoken to Sheff Utd.

Bloke never learns discretion, does he?