Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes (ed. Pg 4 - joined Oxford on season loan)

Comments

• Options
    I swear I read somewhere that Bowyer thought Holmes was a trouble maker and didn't want him?
  • Options
    Good player when we had. Not sure he's the same player, suspect we had him at his peak the first time around. Wanted out when we needed him, don't see we owe him any favours. Don't need him anymore anyway.
  • Options

I swear I read somewhere that Bowyer thought Holmes was a trouble maker and didn't want him?

He said something like, Holmes wasn't that popular in the dressing room.
  • Options

I don't believe he implied trouble maker, just Billy Big Bollox.

But you're right, having been given the opportunity to bring back Holmes, Bowyer passed on him.

• Options
    Holmes fit would walk into our side. Class player.
  • Options
    Maybe I just have poor/selective memory but I'm having a hard time remembering if a player coming back for a second spell with us has ever really been successful or anywhere near as good as the first spell?
  • Options
    Miss his free kicks but he wouldn’t get in our first 11 now in my opinion, despite how well he played against us this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the diamond formation that we play he would not get in the team ahead of Jonny Williams... But lets not kid ourselves, any formation with a wider player (i.e. 4-4-2,4-3-3 etc) he would be one of the first names on the team sheet.
  • Options
    Man bun.

Enough.
  • Options
    Great for us, wish him well. Don’t need him now (may next season if RD is still about and most of our team have left on free’s though!)
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Holmes just behind Taylor and Grant would be magical.

I don’t want to see him anywhere near our club.
    Why because a 30 year old wanted a chance to play in the championship for the first time. Ricky Holmes was excellent until the last six weeks when he was average.
    He Didn't deserve abuse when he came back.

Ricky time has gone now at Cafc but I for one wish him well.
    No. You are wrong in guessing what I meant.

Because we have better players in his position, he is over 30, I do not think his personality fits our team, and he is now injury prone and we have enough of those.

I applauded his name when announced at the game as he was fun to watch when he played and I didn’t blame him for wanting a chance in the Championship, just didn’t think he would be good enough.
  • Options
    Liked him, saw him possibly at his peak, lets move on, although best wishes Ricky.
  • Options

Maybe I just have poor/selective memory but I'm having a hard time remembering if a player coming back for a second spell with us has ever really been successful or anywhere near as good as the first spell?

Killer
  • Options

Killer
    Powell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

David Whyte
  • Options

Eddie Fermani.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Eddie Fermani.
    Eddie Firmani.
  • Options

Some have done well in their second spell, e.g. Killer or Mortimer though I'm not sure if it exceeded their first spell
  • Options

Chris Powell? Twice came back as a player and was alright.

Him scoring against Coventry was one of the best loopy moments I've had as a Charlton fan albeit a meaningless goal
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Eddie Fermani.
    Eddie Fermani........who he?

• Options

If extended to management then surely Karel Fraeye would top the charts ??