Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal

Comments

• se9addick said:

JohnBoyUK said:
    It must be put on, no way he speaks like that in real life then gets off to Munich for a Champions League game.
    He speaks like a normal person in the preview videos.
  • the only thing better than arsenal fan tv is if they had a stripeynigelbastard fan tv.

Commonly known as the Jeremy Kyle show.
  • the only thing better than arsenal fan tv is if they had a stripeynigelbastard fan tv.

There's a lions fan tv!
  • edited February 2017
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsene is now a 'bludclut' and yes people do speak like this in the real world. CRINGEWORTHY
  • This bloke cracks me up.

Worried that his kid will go to school and get 'cussed' for being a Dial Square fan.

Welcome to our world Fam!
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I might be reading this wrong but is he saying that if they sign Fam and Blood and give Arsene a new two year deal, he'd be happy?
  • In the 20 seasons since Wenger took over, Arsenal have never been out of the Top Four. In the twenty season before, they had only managed that seven times. In the twenty seasons before that they had managed it four times. He has put them on a pedestal which has caused delusion in their fan base, the 3 managers in the meme above have hardly set the league on fire this season. Becareful what you wish for and COME ON SUTTON! Can you imagine arsenal fan tv after that?!

When did the rule change to the home team keeping all the gate money ?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsene is now a 'bludclut' and yes people do speak like this in the real world. CRINGEWORTHY
    He talks a lot of sense, albeit in a foreign tongue ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• In the 20 seasons since Wenger took over, Arsenal have never been out of the Top Four. In the twenty season before, they had only managed that seven times. In the twenty seasons before that they had managed it four times. He has put them on a pedestal which has caused delusion in their fan base, the 3 managers in the meme above have hardly set the league on fire this season. Becareful what you wish for and COME ON SUTTON! Can you imagine arsenal fan tv after that?!

???
  • edited February 2017

In the 20 seasons since Wenger took over, Arsenal have never been out of the Top Four. In the twenty season before, they had only managed that seven times. In the twenty seasons before that they had managed it four times. He has put them on a pedestal which has caused delusion in their fan base, the 3 managers in the meme above have hardly set the league on fire this season. Becareful what you wish for and COME ON SUTTON! Can you imagine arsenal fan tv after that?!

???
    Years ago the home gate receipts were shared with the away team. I can't remember, but it may have been something like 75/25. Then the rule was changed and the home team kept the lot.

IIRC it wasn't that many years later that Man U started winning the league every year, whereas previously they hardly won it for let's say 30 years & were even relegated. It's no coincidence and as Arsenal probably have the 2nd highest attendances, then they too would have got far richer.

I'd guess the rule changed in the mid/late 80's.

Then of course add the Sky money since '92, which I should imagine favours Arsenal to the detriment of most other clubs.
  • Going to email arsenal TV and tell them they can swop places with us if there not happy.
  • I don't think that rule has changed! Revenue is still split with the away team, it's why the small clubs hope to get drawn away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zt7djxs
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I don't think that rule has changed! Revenue is still split with the away team, it's why the small clubs hope to get drawn away.

I'm talking about league games not cup.
  • That video is great
  • edited February 2017

JiMMy 85 said:

I don't think that rule has changed! Revenue is still split with the away team, it's why the small clubs hope to get drawn away.

JiMMy 85 said:

Oh ok - hard to tell as your comment didn't have much to do with the quote above it! The rule changed in 1988.

Also worth noting, Arsenal tickets are the most expensive in the entire world.
  • edited February 2017

Arsenal fan TV after a defeat is always a must watch. However i can see why they're annoyed given they pay the most expensive prices in the world and what they were promised years ago when they left Highbury, however they can't seriously expect other clubs to have any sympathy. Must be a complete disaster finishing top 4 every year, playing in Europe and winning the odd domestic cup now and then.

It is all relative and the weight of expectation.

Arsenal did go nine years without winning a thing. Every year they go out through the CL group stage but get knocked out at the very next level and every year it's for the same reason - lack of investment and the purchase of players with inner and mental strength.

They are also far from certain to finish in the top four this year - Chelsea are certs, City look to me as if they coming back to their early season form, Man Utd are unbeaten in 16 in the League which leaves Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs fighting out the final place.
  • edited February 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Oh ok, hard to tell cos your question seemed to follow on from the Sutton comment.

The rule changed in 1988.

JiMMy 85 said:

Oh ok - hard to tell as your comment didn't have much to do with the quote above it! The rule changed in 1988.

Also worth noting, Arsenal tickets are the most expensive in the entire world.
    Thanks. I made a good guesstimate then. So, yes since the biggest clubs got to keep all the dosh & Sky money ditto, the likes of Man U & Arsenal started to win everything & the likes of Forest & Ipswich slipped away.

Yes Wenger did well, but so did George Graham when their revenue skyrocketed.

NB Arsenal won the title in 1988. The first time for 18 years.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/arsenal/history
  • Sponsored links:

• The generation coming through now are the glory hunters who supported the invincibles.
  • They are almost as bad as Liverpool when it comes to delusional fans.
    The press big them up far too much when they play well, and thier own fans overreact when they lose.
    Shit stain of a football club.
  • edited February 2017
    Speaking of deluded fans..remember when Charlton fans were not happy about the way Curbishley set his teams out and the way we played and how he should be taking us to the next level....Then he left....that went well afterwards didn't it :(

Be careful what you wish for...not that i'd like to see Arsenal nosedive down the leagues...much :)
  • so after they lose like they did, sanchez goes on holiday as he is presumably too good to play against sutton and ozil's agent comes out and says the fans taunting him isnt fair, jesus.

also says a lot about wengers discipline, could you imagine klopp or conte doing that?.
  • so after they lose like they did, sanchez goes on holiday as he is presumably too good to play against sutton and ozil's agent comes out and says the fans taunting him isnt fair, jesus.

also says a lot about wengers discipline, could you imagine klopp or conte doing that?.

I think thats the modern day Footballer as a whole these days.

I know its unfair to tarnish them under the same brush (i.e. Kompany visited that 75-year old Man City fan with terminal cancer) yet there will always be those who get to have a break despite a shite performance or will have a mouthy little shite of an Agent.
  • He is holding a press conference in next few minutes spparently
  • He is holding a press conference in next few minutes spparently

Its just his normal Weekly one... Isnt a special one to announce his resignation

http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11670/10771053/arsene-wenger-conference-live
  • Over precious north London drama queens but they played the best football I have ever seen at the Valley during the Henry era.