Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toronto

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Arriving later this afternoon and staying for a week if anyone's around.

Not until November, enjoy! Please post up any decent finds
  • Options

robroy said:

Do I need a eTA to get into Toronto?

Yessir. Got mine a few weeks back. Takes about 5 mins online.
    Good thing I noticed that, I had no idea! God tickets for the Maple Leafs though. #Priorities
  • Options

robroy said:

Good thing I noticed that, I had no idea! God tickets for the Maple Leafs though. #Priorities
    They'll certainly need the help of God again this coming season; that's for sure!
  • Options

robroy said:

robroy said:

What is the best site for tickets mate?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

@LoOkOuT Any decent finds out there?
  • Options
    robroy said:

LoOkOuT said:

@LoOkOuT Any decent finds out there?
    Yeah - let us know lookie. I go out for a week on 12th Nov.

Cheers.
  • Options
    @robroy The Aquarium was surprisingly good, particularly if you're with children.

We walked almost 60 miles through the neighborhoods and around town. The place is much denser than it was when we lived there, which makes it much more vibrant.

What are you into?
  • Options
    Yeah I am heading out on the 5th for a week, absolutely beside myself that I am missing the FA cup game with Scunny!

@LoOkOuT thanks for the info. I am going solo and just fancy a mooch about, chat up a few ladies and watch some sport. Looking at the Raptors for the Sunday and the Ice Hockey on the tuesday. Will fill the rest of the time with some craft beer. I will be checking out Niagara as I have been told I will be an idiot if I dont go, is it worth it?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Was supposed to go to Niagra, but wasn't able to this time round. Been before and I'd say it's worth it.

Whereabouts are you staying?
  • Options
    @robroy MLS Eastern Conference Semis on October 6th - you might get to see Toronto FC that weekend as they've made the POs for the first time ever!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had a coach/bus day out when we were in Toronto.

Got to Niagara Falls and went up the Skylon Tower to see the view, back down and on the Maid of the Mist to see the American (not that impressive) and the Canadian Falls (very very impressive).

Followed the river down to a dog leg where a whirlpool is formed, only high powered speed boats allowed in there, Captain Webb (English Channel fame) died there trying to swim across the whirlpool.

Further on there's Niagara-on-the Lake, nice quaint town and then went to a winery where they make ice wine.

Long day but worth it.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Was supposed to go to Niagra, but wasn't able to this time round. Been before and I'd say it's worth it.

I'm staying at the Delta in Toronto and an overnight in Marriot Fallsview in Niagara.
  • Options
    This is the company we used.

https://www.tourniagarafalls.com/tour
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I have hired a condo for the week on York Street, next door to the Canada Center.Was only £660 for seven nights
  • Options
    iaitch said:

This is the company we used.

https://www.tourniagarafalls.com/tour

Great, thanks.
  • Options
    It was a few years ago, the weekend I was away we lost 3-2 at home to Spurs after being 2 up!!!!
  • Options
    robroy said:

LoOkOuT said:

I have hired a condo for the week on York Street, next door to the Canada Center.Was only £660 for seven nights
    Cool. Take the UP train from the airport to Union Station and it's a short walk around the corner. There's Wi-Fi onboard, so you can check in with family etc for the 20mins it takes to get into the city (It's $12). That area is a lot more vibrant now, with bars and restaurants etc. as you get towards the CN Tower. I stayed in a condo on Peter St. which was amazing. Just south of Queen St. West. You'll want to spend a bit of time up that way; it's the boutique, trendy shops area, south of the Eaton Centre. Go up Spadina, which is the edge of China Town and into Kensington Market. It's bonkers round there. On Spadina, they have one of those Escape Rooms, which looked cool, but we didn't get a chance to try... you may need to be in a group.

Worth getting a local SIM card so you can use your phone to plot your course, unless you've got a decent roaming plan. I used a company called Wind, but was only 3G. Might want to look for an LTE provider.
  • Options
    Another trip we had was around the city and suburbs on a big yellow school bus, after seeing the city the bus went out on the lake.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

robroy said:

LoOkOuT said:

Cool. Take the UP train from the airport to Union Station and it's a short walk around the corner. There's Wi-Fi onboard, so you can check in with family etc for the 20mins it takes to get into the city (It's $12). That area is a lot more vibrant now, with bars and restaurants etc. as you get towards the CN Tower. I stayed in a condo on Peter St. which was amazing. Just south of Queen St. West. You'll want to spend a bit of time up that way; it's the boutique, trendy shops area, south of the Eaton Centre. Go up Spadina, which is the edge of China Town and into Kensington Market. It's bonkers round there. On Spadina, they have one of those Escape Rooms, which looked cool, but we didn't get a chance to try... you may need to be in a group.

Worth getting a local SIM card so you can use your phone to plot your course, unless you've got a decent roaming plan. I used a company called Wind, but was only 3G. Might want to look for an LTE provider.
    Excellent, thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    robroy said:

robroy said:

robroy said:

Ticketmaster.ca, I bought tickets for Raptors v Nuggets for £13 from there this morning!

Did the CN tower and Rogers centre yesterday, great city!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

robroy said:

robroy said:

robroy said:

Ticketmaster.ca, I bought tickets for Raptors v Nuggets for £13 from there this morning!

Cheers mate. When do you head back?
  • Options
    robroy said:

robroy said:

robroy said:

robroy said:

Cheers mate. When do you head back?
    Leave Toronto on the 5th to head to Quebec for a day then Montreal afterwards. Flying home on the 12th.
  • Options
    Lookout/Robroy - Where did you hire the condos?
  • Options

I go on 12th Nov. Got a condo on Booking.com.
  • Options
    I used Airbnb after Lookout suggested it. Mine is near the Air Canada center, looks a decent location. I go Saturday for 7 nights and back on the 12th.
  • Options
    Yeah - ours is near there too....by the Marina. You fly out as I fly in. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options

Yeah - ours is near there too....by the Marina. You fly out as I fly in. Really looking forward to it.

Look out for the 'Roland Out graffiti when you arrive haha. If I find any decent places to eat and drink near there I will add them here for you.

Can't wait to get there now.
  • Options

Airbnb. If you want, I'll pm you the link to the unit we were in. Stunning, but depends on what you're after.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Look out for the 'Roland Out graffiti when you arrive haha. If I find any decent places to eat and drink near there I will add them here for you.

Can't wait to get there now.
    Haha. Will do - thanks.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Airbnb. If you want, I'll pm you the link to the unit we were in. Stunning, but depends on what you're after.

I'm on it - thanks.