Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Free CARD programme for Bolton and Black and White Day v Wimbledon

Comments

• Options

I will come to the ground wearing my protest shirt but won't be going in , anyone else that feels the same we could gather behind the West stand. If 500 were outside while the game was going on that would send a message

Keep the noise down if you do please. It is bad enough sitting in the east stand trying to stop someone accidentally knocking over your flask when we score and adding more noise will be just too much.

Thank you
  • Options

I'm not at the game tomorrow either but would like to get my mitts on a copy of the unofficial programme.

I'll ask our man.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I'm not at the game tomorrow either but would like to get my mitts on a copy of the unofficial programme.

£5 to you
    Tout.
  • Options

I'll ask our man.
    @Cardinal Sin has come up trumps and is sending me one :)
  • Options
    Glad to see this initiative is being continued. We must continue to get our message across even if we going on a winning run. This is an excellent way to keep at the waivereers of which there are some.

Bit suprised havent had a request for help distributing tomorrow. Have I missed it or do I assume there are already plenty of volunteers?
  • Options
    Any chance of putting a few up for sale as buy now on e-bay for those of us who won't be going tomorrow? Proceeds could go to the protest fund.
  • Options
    redman said:

Glad to see this initiative is being continued. We must continue to get our message across even if we going on a winning run. This is an excellent way to keep at the waivereers of which there are some.

Bit suprised havent had a request for help distributing tomorrow. Have I missed it or do I assume there are already plenty of volunteers?

@redman - a request did go out to those on the CARD volunteers mailing list, sorry if that missed you somehow. If you can, please do come and help. Oak at 1.45pm, Dom and Dan co-ordinating for CARD. Thanks.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The line of argument goes that the only way to shift Roland is to hit him in the pocket, so boycotting games is a means to that end.
    Another line of argument is that to turn up and protest costs Roland a lot of money in extra security measures, so turning up hits him in the pocket.

Boycotting is less stressful for the regime and all those at Charlton on match days, but there is an unquantifiable cost associated with turning up and protesting. Unquantifiable costs such as putting people off going which is admittedly a very sour outcome, but for some it is a choice between two evils, and extra stress levels for those working at the club dealing with the fans that they seem to hate and despise anyway.

'If you don't like it, don't f***ing come'

It is interesting that at the two home matches so far Roger Johnson has not warmed up along the touchline, not a big deal in itself, but it represents a few extra notches on the stress level for some people who work for the club.

There is clearly a debate to be had regarding the morality of actions which stretches from 'give the club unquestioning support and loyalty' to 'do anything you can to destroy the club if it is going to be run as it is at present, take the club down with you if necessary'.

For most people they occupy a point somewhere between those two extreme positions.

So boycotting but turning up for a protest is double bubble. Cushty. I'm in for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi, I'm not a part of CARD decision making, I will be attending the home games I am available for rather than having season tickets and making myself available for home games.

I generally support CARD initiatives.

• Options
    1.45pm outside the oak tomorrow for anyone who would like to help out with distributing the programmes.
  • Options
    If anyone could pick me up a programme Id appreciate it...happy to send you the postage money.
  • Options

I thought CARD wanted fans to boycott home games?

You are being ironic right?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Good, Wimbledon is a designated day. I'll go to that one.
  • Options
    TEL said:

If anyone could pick me up a programme Id appreciate it...happy to send you the postage money.

@TEL - I've got a spare programme for you mate. PM me your address and I'll post it to you. No need for postage money.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

TEL said:

@TEL - I've got a spare programme for you mate. PM me your address and I'll post it to you. No need for postage money.
    Thanks mate.
  • Options
    Anyone got a spare copy of the CARD Bolton programme they could let me have?

Obviously happy to pay postage or will make a donation to the protest fund.
  • Options

@Fortune 82nd Minute

I've got one more spare mate. PM me your address and it's yours. No need for postage money.
  • Options
    I bet Roland is shitting his pants , he's thinking "what's worse than another free programme? I know , two free programmes"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

@Fortune 82nd Minute

I've got one more spare mate. PM me your address and it's yours. No need for postage money.
    Cheers mate. Very much appreciated. PM on its way.
  • Options
    I've still got a handful of the Bolton progs if anyone needs one.
  • Options
    Got the official matchday programme fantastic content and some great articles. Think it is fantastic what is happening when we are at home to Port Vale.

There is also going to be a Red and White day. This is aimed at supporting the players and management in the campaign to get us promoted.

• Options

Got the official matchday programme fantastic content and some great articles. Think it is fantastic what is happening when we are at home to Port Vale.

There is also going to be a Red and White day. This is aimed at supporting the players and management in the campaign to get us promoted.

My middle name is gullible but even I can spot a WUM!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2016

Sounds all a bit North Korea to me
  • Options

what was the in depth article about Thomas Dreisen like?
  • Options

Guess who's back, back again, Colins back....
  • Options
    WSS said:

Sounds all a bit North Korea to me
    My neighbor is from North Korea.
  • Options

I've still got a handful of the Bolton progs if anyone needs one.

Can I have some of your handful next Saturday?

• Options

Smacks of desperation.