Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans unfurl North Korean flag above Directors Box - Daily Mirror

Comments

• Options

Hitler, has only got one ball,
    The other is in the Albert hall,
    Himmler is kind of similar,
    While goebells has nothing at all.

To the tune of Colonel Bogey.
  • Options

In the war; Henry Irving will endorse this fact.
    The People of Britain sang "Hitler has only got one ball"
    and would do the goose step and mock the Nazis

I see to recall singing the hitter has only got one ball song at school in the '80s.

Can't remember why now. Probably to relieve the grimness of growing up in Coventry.
    Coventry had more building bombed than anywhere else in Britain on a % of size. so i guess the song had been passed down from older Coventry folk.
    Where does the saying "sent to Coventry" come from?
    Have you ever been to Coventry?

If in doubt ask NLA he loves them almost as much as Charlton.
    Worse than that, he's being sent to Goole
    Has Clem sold his ticket yet?
  • Options

Used to think we were ever so naughty when we sang that.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I see to recall singing the hitter has only got one ball song at school in the '80s.

Can't remember why now. Probably to relieve the grimness of growing up in Coventry.
    Coventry had more building bombed than anywhere else in Britain on a % of size. so i guess the song had been passed down from older Coventry folk.

My grandad was tied up by the Coventries.
    Could have been worse.
    Could have been tied up by the Goolies.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Used to think we were ever so naughty when we sang that.
    As teachers you should have known better, hardly surprising the children turn out rat bags. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Had an encounter with a steward yesterday who was totally embarrassed about having to take the top off my water bottle at the turnstiles. Unscrewing bottle tops must have been a difficult skill to master on the training course. All part being in North Korea.

The first steward that takes the top of my thermos is gonna have sore nadgers, no one makes my half time coffee cold and as for unfurling my blanket he'll be wearing if around his neck duly knotted :smirk: .
  • Options

Not sure mate. I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he won't be using it.
  • Options

It's been traced back to the English Civil war and the first battle of Edge hill in Warwickshire in Oct 1662. Even thou the battle was a score draw;
    the Royalist who were captured by the Roundheads, were sent to the city of Coventry which was a parliamentarian stronghold.
    They were imprisoned and shunned by the locals.

Not a lot of people know that.
    Take note of the serious reply from soapboxsam please Mr Otto.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DOC64 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Had an encounter with a steward yesterday who was totally embarrassed about having to take the top off my water bottle at the turnstiles. Unscrewing bottle tops must have been a difficult skill to master on the training course. All part being in North Korea.

In fairness, that's pretty standard and happened at The Valley pre regime.
    I never had my water bottle tampered with pre or post the regime ? Must be a new thing this season ?
    Haven't been this season as now live in Scotland. Previously have been able to sneak water bottles in at The Valley in the bottom of a ruck sack. Local club now is Kilmarnock where they won't let you take in a plastic bottle at all.

A lot of clubs won't let you take plastic bottles in as they may be thrown. If you buy bottles in the ground they won't give you the tops when handing over the drink. That was definitely the case at Charlton in previous years.

Have looked at Charlton's ground regulations and it says no bottles, cans or other portable containers so it is covered......

http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ground-regulations.aspx
  • Options

Coventry is a shit hell hole and i want to go home grrrrrr
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I thought 'sent to Coventry' goes back to Lady Godiva, maybe not.
  • Options

I think he's wavering.
  • Options
    You could buy the whole of Coventry with a lady godiva and still have change
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    holyjo said:

The way people live in North Korea is disgusting and the fact that are mocking it and using it as an example is awful. You should be thankful that you live in country such as ours and the fact that you are comparing North Korea to a football is derogatory to people in North Korea

Sense of humour by-pass from the PC liberal.

PS as a member of amnesty international I know about North Korea.
    So with the knowledge you have of North Korea you are comfortable with it ?
    Sense of humour by-pass.

It's a joke, get off that high horse and see it for what it is.
    ........My neighbor is half North Korean and half South Korean. I think shes her own worst enemy
    no wonder your dog always stays in doors !
  • Options
    What a superb thread this has become :smiley:
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

DOC64 said:

Did Sue enjoy seeing the flag?

Really! Pathetic!

The continual digging out of a 60 plus woman, who has different views to the majority of people on here represents some of the values of North Korea.

It seems that it's not just Meire that can't take opposite views.
    I'm looking forward to turning 60 in a few years' time so I can say things and dismiss anyone who dares have an alternative view without fear of criticism. Not sure my wife will fall into line though.
  • Options

It's been traced back to the English Civil war and the first battle of Edge hill in Warwickshire in Oct 1662. Even thou the battle was a score draw;
    the Royalist who were captured by the Roundheads, were sent to the city of Coventry which was a parliamentarian stronghold.
    They were imprisoned and shunned by the locals.

Not a lot of people know that.
    Well you learn something new everyday. I always thought it was derived from the Royal Navy where if somebody did something to upset their comrades they were 'sent to Coventry' because Coventry is the point on the map of Great Britain that is furthest from the sea.
  • Options

I think he's wavering.
    He's going to Boston v FC United.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

DOC64 said:

Did Sue enjoy seeing the flag?

Really! Pathetic!

The continual digging out of a 60 plus woman, who has different views to the majority of people on here represents some of the values of North Korea.

It seems that it's not just Meire that can't take opposite views.
    Afternoon Kap.

I'm a 60 plus bloke nowadays. Loads of people with different views to mine are continually digging me out, especially on the Brexit thread :-) Could you have word with them too?

Thanks, mate

It's for your own good.

• Options
    I thought be sent to Coventry by a bird is when she wants it up the shitter?