Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans unfurl North Korean flag above Directors Box - Daily Mirror

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016

Perhaps people should live in North Korea for a year and see what it is really like.

Typical liberal bleeding heart PC response.

No sense of humour.
    That is an outrageous slur Henry. I demand that you apologise.

The official organ of liberal bleeding heart PC types is of course the Guardian. It was the Guardian via its SE7 resident sports journalist, which first made the North Korea analogy

This is unbelievable behaviour from Charlton. Has the Valley been moved to N Korea overnight? https://t.co/yEl5Zuz2K9

— Owen Gibson (@owen_g) August 12, 2016
    To brand @WhenIwasLittleBoy as "liberal bleeding heart PC " is a gross insult to us liberal bleeding heart PC types, and I demand an immediate apology

:-)

Usual 2 year period of "root and branch re-education" in order, I feel.

• Options
    Had an encounter with a steward yesterday who was totally embarrassed about having to take the top off my water bottle at the turnstiles. Unscrewing bottle tops must have been a difficult skill to master on the training course. All part being in North Korea.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Had an encounter with a steward yesterday who was totally embarrassed about having to take the top off my water bottle at the turnstiles. Unscrewing bottle tops must have been a difficult skill to master on the training course. All part being in North Korea.

In fairness, that's pretty standard and happened at The Valley pre regime.
  • Options
    Just read this with a hangover, cannot stop laughing, on a beach in Spain getting some real odd looks.

1 bit of humour with 1 flag and the blue touch paper well and truly lit.

@WSS take a bow " my other neighbour is a soldier" - priceless!!!

I'm off to the bar to get a beer.

But Fair play to wiwlb, he has got over 100 LOL's on this thread and I thank him for every single one!

• Options
    DA9 said:

Yes, eventually. Unfurled 2 mins before half time. Looked like it had 2 cuddly cats as weights tied to the bottom.
    A security lady in the directors box tried to pull it down but it wouldn't budge. A security guy in the upper tried to untie it but I assume it was cable tied or something. They pulled it back up to the upper and then removed it.

Black & white scarves
    That definitely makes more sense than a stuffed cat or 2!
  • Options
    It may be worth having a free speech day, just to see the effect on Katrien Meire. I think WhenIwasalittleboy would likely self combust.
  • Options

The way people live in North Korea is disgusting and the fact that are mocking it and using it as an example is awful. You should be thankful that you live in country such as ours and the fact that you are comparing North Korea to a football is derogatory to people in North Korea

You are literally - literally - the worst person on the planet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2016
    Thread of the week!

Loving Stig's idea for the masks.

But what are the chances of us obtaining the services of this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOaxe5C2nE
  • Options
    When this lot sell up, I reckon the best move for the next owner would be to appoint SCP as manager and back him. I reckon with that bounce and money behind us, we could make the prem.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Take a spare in your pocket.
  • Options
    kigelia said:

This thread has just made perfect reading over a cup of tea.

Loving the commitment by wiwlb. In the face of ridicule they kept at it. I applaud them for it. It also confirmed my view that people should have to pass some kind of test before being allowed to use the internet, or in fact venture an opinion anywhere.

He/she did give it a jolly good go eh. :smiley:
    I do like a bit of tenacity, me...

• Options

In the war; Henry Irving will endorse this fact.
    The People of Britain sang "Hitler has only got one ball"
    and would do the goose step and mock the Nazis

I see to recall singing the hitter has only got one ball song at school in the '80s.

Can't remember why now. Probably to relieve the grimness of growing up in Coventry.
  • Options

I see to recall singing the hitter has only got one ball song at school in the '80s.

Can't remember why now. Probably to relieve the grimness of growing up in Coventry.
    Coventry had more building bombed than anywhere else in Britain on a % of size. so i guess the song had been passed down from older Coventry folk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We used to replace hitler with the caretakers name or one of the dinner ladies, but then of course it loses its credibility as a lyric...

Except old mighty morrison at Horn Park juniors, on reflection she was the right age to of been in the Hitler Youth!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Ever served in combat ?

I was in Nam.

Lovely it was. That one with the coconut stuffing.
    Birming nam?
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

In fairness, that's pretty standard and happened at The Valley pre regime.
    I never had my water bottle tampered with pre or post the regime ? Must be a new thing this season ?
  • Options

Coventry had more building bombed than anywhere else in Britain on a % of size. so i guess the song had been passed down from older Coventry folk.
    Where does the saying "sent to Coventry" come from?
  • Options
    Hitler, has only got one ball,
    The other is in the Albert hall,
    Himmler is kind of similar,
    While goebells has nothing at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Where does the saying "sent to Coventry" come from?
    Have you ever been to Coventry?

If in doubt ask NLA he loves them almost as much as Charlton.
  • Options

I have a sneaking suspicion that we can blame an episode of Dads' Army, when Captain Mannering was driven demented by Pike singing it...
  • Options
    Sent to Coven Tree is debated. The most believable story I have heard is that the town was used as a hanging post for witches in the area.

Haha, I thought i remembered a dads army connection but I couldn't be sure. Definitely Pike singing.