Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goole v Bamber Bridge, 3rd September 2016

Comments

• Options

Even North Ferriby United are away. Definitely thin pickings next Saturday.

Exactly, I was even thinking of shooting over to Barnsley/Sheffield way but there is not a lot on, plenty up in Leeds but problematic with my train tickets.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    To be fair to Elfsborg, how many people on here watched that Salford documentary and even at the start said "there's just something about football at that level" etc?

This is just one league lower.

• Options
    Quite a few year back, I went with a couple of mates to see an FA Trophy quarter final between Nuneaton and Dartford. When we got to Nuneaton, we found the game had been snowed off, so we went to the pub, checked the papers and found we could watch Coventry v Sheffield Wednesday fairly nearby. We went, watched the only match in the división that day that didn't muster a goal, un sub zero temperaturas, got back late and had to go back to Nuneaton the following tuesday.
    Motto: when your match is called off, it's sometimes better to skip football rather than Shell out on more for a match you care nothing about.
  • Options

Quite a few year back, I went with a couple of mates to see an FA Trophy quarter final between Nuneaton and Dartford. When we got to Nuneaton, we found the game had been snowed off, so we went to the pub, checked the papers and found we could watch Coventry v Sheffield Wednesday fairly nearby. We went, watched the only match in the división that day that didn't muster a goal, un sub zero temperaturas, got back late and had to go back to Nuneaton the following tuesday.
    Motto: when your match is called off, it's sometimes better to skip football rather than Shell out on more for a match you care nothing about.

I can understand going somewhere else when you're already up there.

I must admit I wouldn't go anyway just because I had train tickets.
  • Options
    Haywards Heath 1 Uckfield 0, now off to Bearsted for a 3pm start in the Kent League.
  • Options
    Bearsted 1 Lordswood 2 h/t, attendance 67
  • Options

Who fancies going to this?

I would imagine a few people have not been given refunds on their train ticket, so a day out non-league will salvage something.

I can show you a few decent pubs in Doncaster after the game as well!

Nah you're alright mate
  • Options
    An enthralling second half with the game finishing Bearsted 3 Lordswood 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mum has a barge at Goole Marina, next door to the British Waterways Museum. Ther'se a Wetherspoons in the centre and a few charity shops, but not much else i'd head for. Fishing??
  • Options
    Lol been watching this with interest as I work in goole, it would be Real eye opener for anyone visiting goole, unless you speak Polish or Latvian and are willing to fight don't come , they don't call em gooligans for nothing, but on the plus side you can get a wrap for a tenner !
  • Options
    4 bowman said:

Lol been watching this with interest as I work in goole, it would be Real eye opener for anyone visiting goole, unless you speak Polish or Latvian and are willing to fight don't come , they don't call em gooligans for nothing, but on the plus side you can get a wrap for a tenner !

I knew @ElfsborgAddick had an ulterior motive.
  • Options
    Failing that look on you tube goole captain attacks fan makes interesting watching lol
  • Options

Elfs do you not get on with the wife.
  • Options
    Get those tickets off of Clementine and touch up on your Latvian!

I'm looking forward to this more than if we were playing Scunthorpe. You cannot beat a non-league groundhop.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I do with her, but not the other way round.
  • Options

clb74 said:

All these other games your going to you could be spending the money in the club shop
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

All these other games your going to you could be spending the money in the club shop
    I'm getting the Goole home top next week.
  • Options
    On the plus side if you get a goole home top you get a discount on a blow job on the docks, and they don't care if you can speak Latvian ( just a guess )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What if I buy the away top..........
  • Options
    Lol you pay double they don't DO away tops .......charge u more cos they think you are from out of town
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I'm getting the Goole home top next week.
    I love how they can't be arsed to have a picture of their own shirt on their website, just a dodgy MS Paint mock-up:

I think I'll take an old Charlton top and try and do a swap.
  • Options
    So who's going then? Apart from me.
  • Options
    The non league team I follow (Frickley Athletic) have today appointed the Goole manager as their own.
    Not much else to say aside from that but people going tomorrow might like to know.
  • Options

So who's going then? Apart from me.

No one, not even anyone who lives in Goole. No one gives a flying **** :wink: