Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford (A) tickets

Comments

• Options
    Seriously has anyone got the correct email address to complain to?
  • Options

Oxford is open to "members" tomorrow, no doubt this level of complication will prevent any online sales, despite having to login with your membership number!

The ticket office manager has admitted to me today that the software is faulty in which means online sales can only be bought when tickets go on general sale and not before.
    Therefore anyone who is a season ticket holder or another member cannot purchase tickets unless done in person or over the phone incurring the cost.
  • Options
    fans@cafc.co.uk

Jack O'Sullivan - Community and Supporter Development Officer
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Don't see what the problem is. The club is wavering the £2.50 surcharge on restricted tickets.

Is that a wind up?

I had to pay the 2.50 for restricted tickets

The more I think about this, the more I realise how wrong it is. They acknowledged the problem to me on the phone. Said they are working on fixing it with their new manager....

....soooooo..... Why charge the 2.50 while there is a problem of your own making?

Poor

• Options
    Jesus Christ why do they find everything so difficult??
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Don't see what the problem is. The club is wavering the £2.50 surcharge on restricted tickets.

Is that a wind up?

I had to pay the 2.50 for restricted tickets

The more I think about this, the more I realise how wrong it is. They acknowledged the problem to me on the phone. Said they are working on fixing it with their new manager....

....soooooo..... Why charge the 2.50 while there is a problem of your own making?

Poor

My thoughts exactly if you are unable to offer the service online then to buy the tickets on the phone should be wavered as they have stated before that if you don't to pay the booking fee go online.

Secondly why offer the online service if it is not providing the service in which you require. Clearly got it on the cheap as well as I would suggest that the club has refused to pay for the software until it is operating as it was sold however we are expected to pay booking fees still.
  • Options

I've not paid a booking fee £21 a pop-

Me too. Guess it depends who you speak to. Still a shambles of a system
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I was lucky and got Steve on the phone when I rang the ticket office. He seems to have his head screwed on and takes a sensible approach to most requests.

I didn't actually have to ask them to waive the booking fee, I ordered two tickets and they charged me £21 each. Didn't charge me any postage either.

Clearly if there is a fault with the online booking system then the £2.50 should not be charged. There is no consistency in the responses coming out of the office, all of which points to a lack of leadership or effective management - all too familiar under Meire and Cohones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

PopIcon said:

No it isn't!
    It sounds like there are some discrepancies. I have not renewed my season ticket, but did go Bury. I phoned up yesterday and purchased two tickets, I did not get charged the £2.50 booking fee nor did I get charged the usual £1 delivery fee. My tickets arrived today.

The young lad i spoke to was very polite and said that there were no charges as the tickets could not be purchased online because of the current restrictions. He followed up by saying that the club were looking in to amending the system.

Perhaps it is discretion, perhaps it depends on if you are set up to use the online facilities or perhaps and more likely no fucker knows what is going on down at the ticket office.
  • Options
    Who do I waste my time by writing to about this?
  • Options

Dear Deidre!!
  • Options

Ms Anderson-Myers.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Ms Anderson-Myers.
    'Palace reject, Palace reject hello, hello' Yet another of the many bad signings since moved on :smirk: .
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Oxford is open to "members" tomorrow, no doubt this level of complication will prevent any online sales, despite having to login with your membership number!

The ticket office manager has admitted to me today that the software is faulty in which means online sales can only be bought when tickets go on general sale and not before.
    Therefore anyone who is a season ticket holder or another member cannot purchase tickets unless done in person or over the phone incurring the cost.
    Yet the software can differentiate between people who are season-ticket holders and not season-ticket holders when it comes to buying tickets for home matches - hence the £10 offer for Northampton and Shrewsbury was fully available online.

In reality, the club will not have specified what it needed properly in the first place. Once upon a time I was a systems analyst so I know how difficult this can be for the client, especially if they are not adequately supported by the provider. In the case of Green 4, the club was warned about the likely issues with the system by another club already using them and chose to ignore those warnings. The other club got rid of Green4 at the same time as Charlton took them on. It's also likely that the staff don't fully understand the system they have or are unable to prioritise setting it up to meet supporters' requirements,
  • Options

Ms Anderson-Myers.
    Do you want to buy my train ticket? You can have in for £15.
  • Options

Ms Anderson-Myers.
    Do you want to buy my train ticket? You can have in for £15.
    Yes please.
  • Options
    just purchased 2 online with a quid postage fee which is fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 of us going, booked this morning on the phone. No mention of any extra fees. Seems to be totally at random. My brother was turned away on the phone yesterday despite having bought tickets for Walsall away...
  • Options

5 of us going, booked this morning on the phone. No mention of any extra fees. Seems to be totally at random. My brother was turned away on the phone yesterday despite having bought tickets for Walsall away...

I might have the answer to this. I rang and they denied any knowledge of me going to the Cheltenham game. It turned out, somehow, they had allocated my ticket purchase to some random new account. (Probably explains why I got two of the infamous password/username emails.)
    Anyway they claim to be able to merge duplicate accounts. And say they have done so for me.
    So, it's possible your brother's data also got attributed to another account but with the same postcode.
  • Options
    Might be worth naming and shaming the ones imposing the charge if moderators agree?

I have no compunction in doing so myself but accept that it is a moderator decision.
  • Options
    hat people

Same here

Crazy though that the system penalises people who are in the preferential categories!
  • Options
    995 sold according to twitter.
  • Options
    1100 sold, 400 left according to Twitter
  • Options

I bought 3 online. Postage is £1 per ticket, which is not fair enough. It costs no more to pack and send 3 tickets.
  • Options
    Sounds as if the club are making a few quid out of these charges.
    Are they not entitled to a percentage of the gate receipts from Oxford in the first place?
    Greedy mare Meire.
  • Options
    kafka said:

I bought 3 online. Postage is £1 per ticket, which is not fair enough. It costs no more to pack and send 3 tickets.
    I paid £1 postage for three tickets online.
  • Options
    Why not collect your tickets at The Valley at the next home game & avoid paying any extras ?

Just go to Valley Central - if you can squeeze in amongst the thousands of young Addicks having fun in the Family Zone there.....