Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford (A) tickets

124»

Comments

• Options

Sounds as if the club are making a few quid out of these charges.
    Are they not entitled to a percentage of the gate receipts from Oxford in the first place?
    Greedy mare Meire.

League games the home club keeps all the money, cup games it's shared, with a % going to the FA / FL.
  • Options

Are they not entitled to a percentage of the gate receipts from Oxford in the first place?
    Greedy mare Meire.

League games the home club keeps all the money, cup games it's shared, with a % going to the FA / FL.
    I think you'll find that a very small percentage of advance sales goes to the away club.
  • Options
    Bought tickets last Friday and are yet to appear anyone else who purchased online had there's?, I'm not picking them up from the valley as I don't go there anymore, and if I have to pick then up from Oxford I'll demand the postage fee back.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options

kafka said:

just purchased 2 online with a quid postage fee which is fair enough.

I bought 3 online. Postage is £1 per ticket, which is not fair enough. It costs no more to pack and send 3 tickets.
    I paid £1 postage for three tickets online.
    I stand corrected. Just checked my receipt and £1 charged. It was because the text said Postage (each) that I misread it
  • Options
    Should be a very good turnout, how's the Scunny tickets going for next Tueaday? :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    Will tickets be on sale on the day at the ground.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Usually depends on how many we still have left to sale.

I think they will all be sold before next Saturday IMO.
  • Options

Who do I waste my time by writing to about this?

I wrote to 'the ticket office manager' after buying the Fleetwood tickets, complaining about the fee and the fact that none of the e-mail addresses on the website work. Apparently they have never received my letter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Greedy mare Meire.

no

• Options
    SX_Addick said:

Who do I waste my time by writing to about this?

I wrote to 'the ticket office manager' after buying the Fleetwood tickets, complaining about the fee and the fact that none of the e-mail addresses on the website work. Apparently they have never received my letter!
    Bloody Royal Mail!
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Scunthorpe yes, Oxford will have sold out.
  • Options

Bought tickets last Friday and are yet to appear anyone else who purchased online had there's?, I'm not picking them up from the valley as I don't go there anymore, and if I have to pick then up from Oxford I'll demand the postage fee back.

bought mine last Friday was delivered by monday
  • Options
    rung ticket office, no help, i dont know if they have been posted out i cant duplicate the tickets you should of recieved them, print out your order confirmation and take it with you the day of the game and see if oxford can do something. its not our responsibility as its an away fixture.
  • Options

rung ticket office, no help, i dont know if they have been posted out i cant duplicate the tickets you should of recieved them, print out your order confirmation and take it with you the day of the game and see if oxford can do something. its not our responsibility as its an away fixture.

I'm sure in the past that they would have contacted the away club so you can pick up replacements there on the day. The above suggestion is just not acceptable.
  • Options

I'm sure in the past that they would have contacted the away club so you can pick up replacements there on the day. The above suggestion is just not acceptable.
    its just the fucking agg of having to probably get to the ground early etc.
  • Options

Yep this is what I did last year for Wolves away.
  • Options

i can see happening is a pair of tickets landing on the door mat within the next couple of days, which will obviously mean they just havent posted them.
  • Options
    Apart from maybe 2-3 games a season I fail to understand why people go through the s*** of getting tickets online, just buy on the day as it is no big deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apart from maybe 2-3 games a season I fail to understand why people go through the s*** of getting tickets online, just buy on the day as it is no big deal.

Because I like a good old moan
  • Options
    will call them again today as its likely to be a sell out they may accuse me of just giving my tickets to someone else, and don,t really fancy trotting up to oxford and saying we cant do anything, reason i buy tickets online is so i they can track what tickets ive bought otherwise millwall and gillingham away tickets will probably be a no chance.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    5% of revenue from tickets sold by away club is retained, from recollection.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Complain to Greenwich trading standards. Charlton are responsible as the selling agent. It's also a crap way to treat a supporter.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Should be a very good turnout, how's the Scunny tickets going for next Tueaday? :open_mouth: .

Scunthorpe Irons are my second 'local' team after Grimsby Mariners ((:>) .. a mere 32 miles away .. got my Scunny ticket and one for the Dreaming Spires United ..

now fingers crossed that I can get hold of tickets for Millwall n Gillingham
  • Options
    Low and behold tickets dropped on the doormat this morning.
  • Options
    I don't suppose anyone knows how these are selling? Waiting to see if I can go or not and wont know til early next week.
  • Options
    Change of plans means I have 2 x Student tickets available if anyone is interested? £28 for the pair (no postage fee).
  • Options
    Picked up a couple today, and yes my colleague wondered about the extra quid, but took it on the chin like a good customer.