Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mother Teresa. Saint or Sinner.

13»

Comments

• Options
    'It's gods way'
  • Options
    edited September 2016

IdleHans said:

irrespective of miracles, the arrogant scepticism of Hutchings and the overblown claims of the Catholic church, Teresa did enormous good for the starving poor of Calcutta when the caste system, the Indian government and the bullshitting hindu intelligentsia did sweet fuck all for them ..

If we are having a go a St Teresa, the India government and Hindu intelligentsia, there is another massive group that have massively let down the poor and needy of India; Emigrant Indians. Millions came over to Great Britain, benefited, shared in and created the wealth of this great country, yet not enough has flowed back to help the poor of India.
    Lets hope that the spirit of St Teresa can redress this imbalance.

haha this has to be the most unsubtle wind up I've seen.
    Yet you allow abuse aimed at millions of Catholics and the comparison of one of most compassionate women of the last century to mass murderer Harold Shipman to pass without comment.

I'd say the abuse is aimed at the catholic church, an evil institution of many centuries standing, rather than catholics per se. I reckon the church can stand it.
    We'll have to disagree re your assertion she was one of the most compassionate women of the last century, as there's plenty in the foregoing to suggest she was a duplicitous fraud.

I dont think we'll persuade one another from our firmly held opinions though.
    Being nasty against a diversity strand is disgusting. However its best to take your bigotry out against Catholics. They don't complain and they will forgive you.
    We could list the atrocities perpetrated, encouraged and concealed by the Catholic Church (as distinct from Catholics) down the centuries, most of them on an enormous scale.
    Being critical of an organisation like that is not disgusting at all. Would you suggest that the Boston Globe's investigation into systematic child abuse by Catholic priests in the US was also disgusting? Or could you actually admit that the cover up by the church was not perhaps its finest moment?
    And I'm not picking on the Catholic Church, it's that this thread is on the subject of Mother Theresa, so it would be pointless to criticise say Anglicanism within it.