Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fatal stabbing in Charlton

124»

Comments

• Options

Remember when the McDonalds in Eltham first opened mid-70s. Big row between Crown Woods and the riff-raff from Eltham Green on opening day. Both set of pupils banned from the Golden Arches as a result.

As others have said social media spread what would just a local event and make it seem worse. Street violence has been going on for yonks. Quite a few posters on here have been part of such events connected to football and/or politics.

Doesn't make it right or mean action shouldn't be taken but it's not new.

And the amount of people claiming to have been there is a bit like our 7-6 win over Huddersfield.

This post is brought to you by pbs, 2nd battalion Eltham Green School (1981-6).
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016
    Having gone to primary school in Abbey Wood, South London when I was a kid, there was always rumours of arranged fights between local secondary schools in the area. There seemed to be a lot more rumours when in Abbey Wood. The rumours involved Picardy a lot. Went to a RC secondary school in Bexleyheath and they tended to have a grip on these things, so didn't involve the secondary school I attended.
  • Options

Woolwich common against the 'Triads' (not sure how long Triads have come from Somalia)

Barnefield - always sent a shiver up your spine

Helped out a mate who was getting bullied at Tallis. About 20 or so of us turned up one Friday night down the bottom of Dearsly Road, only to be confronted across the footbridge by half of Brixton stood outside the Dover Patrol, needless to say we had it on our toes lively, I scaled to gates of Dearsly Road playing field in one jump.

We always had love hate relationship with the 'top lot' of Charlton, can't remember ever coming to blows though and good friends with em now

by the top lot do you mean Vicky way, Springfields and Mascalls?
    Hornfair, Charlton Village etc
  • Options

Remember when the McDonalds in Eltham first opened mid-70s. Big row between Crown Woods and the riff-raff from Eltham Green on opening day. Both set of pupils banned from the Golden Arches as a result.

As others have said social media spread what would just a local event and make it seem worse. Street violence has been going on for yonks. Quite a few posters on here have been part of such events connected to football and/or politics.

Doesn't make it right or mean action shouldn't be taken but it's not new.

And the amount of people claiming to have been there is a bit like our 7-6 win over Huddersfield.

This post is brought to you by pbs, 2nd battalion Eltham Green School (1981-6).
    Same years as me
  • Options
    Crown Woods v St Thomas More when I was at school, always rumours of the More lot coming up Bexley Road during lunch break!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafckev said:

Owen Jeavons, 23, said there had been tension between students at local schools when he was a teenager but called the brawl "something new".
    "I have never seen anything like it. It's such a quiet, peaceful place", he said.

LOL

He must have lived a very sheltered life. My Catholic school in Maidstone was always involved in large scale punch ups and the was way back in the late 70's early 80's

And that was just with the nuns.
    colthe3rd said:

cafckev said:

Owen Jeavons, 23, said there had been tension between students at local schools when he was a teenager but called the brawl "something new".
    "I have never seen anything like it. It's such a quiet, peaceful place", he said.

LOL

He must have lived a very sheltered life. My Catholic school in Maidstone was always involved in large scale punch ups and the was way back in the late 70's early 80's

colthe3rd said:

cafckev said:

LOL

Oh mate, that is sooo true. Evil bunch they were, all done in the name of the Lord tho so that's alright

• Options

Woolwich common against the 'Triads' (not sure how long Triads have come from Somalia)

Barnefield - always sent a shiver up your spine

Helped out a mate who was getting bullied at Tallis. About 20 or so of us turned up one Friday night down the bottom of Dearsly Road, only to be confronted across the footbridge by half of Brixton stood outside the Dover Patrol, needless to say we had it on our toes lively, I scaled to gates of Dearsly Road playing field in one jump.

We always had love hate relationship with the 'top lot' of Charlton, can't remember ever coming to blows though and good friends with em now

by the top lot do you mean Vicky way, Springfields and Mascalls?
    Hornfair, Charlton Village etc
    Early 70s it would be along to Westcombe park for a ruck with them or if we was feeling adventurous through the Greenwich foot tunnel.
  • Options
    Was crown woods vs Westwood when I was at school.
  • Options
    cleeve park vs hurstqueer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Was crown woods vs Westwood when I was at school.

You use to fight the freemasons?
  • Options

cleeve park vs hurstqueer

Oi! It was Parklands in my day and Hurstmere always used to bash them.
  • Options
    Nothing to see here. School vs school.

Happened all the time when I was at school. The DT building always got emptied and there would be running battles for what seemed hours. It's been happening for years and is pretty much part of going to secondary school.

I remember one time the music teacher tried to stop it and ended up taking one on the chin. Poor woman got knocked clean out.
  • Options

Eaglesfield would've kicked the shit out of everyone

Was always the same shit

Chelsea headhunters were coming

Milwank were coming

Woolwich poly were coming

St Josephs were coming

Crown woods were coming

All shit it or never turned up because they were never coming

I prefer to say they shit it from me and big rob

Forgot to say about the Chelsea Headhunters lol was gonna be my next one
  • Options

Eaglesfield would've kicked the shit out of everyone

Chelsea headhunters were coming

Ha! I remember at our school (primary) it was the chelsea smilers who were on their way down to st mary cray to open up our 10 year old gobs with razors. Was probably one of the teachers started the rumours to get us to behave.
  • Options

Nothing to see here. School vs school.

Happened all the time when I was at school. The DT building always got emptied and there would be running battles for what seemed hours. It's been happening for years and is pretty much part of going to secondary school.

I remember one time the music teacher tried to stop it and ended up taking one on the chin. Poor woman got knocked clean out.

What school did you go to? Mogadishu Secondary Modern?

Fuck me, sounds more like a war zone than a school.
  • Options
    Chelsea headhunters haha it was a pleasure doing business with the overrated pricks
  • Options
    Hahahaha rumbled
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Thamesmead back in the day (late 80's/early 90's) had a few gangs who were bizarrely all named after fish - such as The Carp and The Rudd gangs

Always kicking off back then.

I must have led a quiet life. I went to Riverside Secondary on Yarnton Way and have no recollection of any gangs back then.
  • Options
    I was Eaglesfield 84-89 I can confirm the Chelsea smilers did turn up in a white van one afternoon but was chased back up red lion lane by what seemed like 100s carrying T-squares and chisels from the CDT block!

The worst fighting I saw for about a 2 month period was in-house fighting on the football pitch whites v blacks it got so bad all footballs were banned until it all blew over!

Oh those were the days LOL
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Invicta v John Ball, '68. Fuzzy-felt everywhere.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I remember a boy from Hayesbrook throwing a snowball at me as I made my way out of Judd one afternoon back in '82.
    Fucking mental times.

A few of us stupidly got involved in a snowball fight with a group of kids from the Hollies on the way to school around 82. Got one of them in the face and had the shit kicked out of me by all of them as a result.
  • Options
    Never understood why young men feel the need to act like idiots with violence.
  • Options

Never understood why young men feel the need to act like idiots with violence.