Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meet the manager?

Comments

• Options

cafc999 said:

I would have gone but didn't know it was happening!

I didn't know about it either.

Maybe the club only targeted selected people
    Thought was open to all season ticket holders
    email sent, with link to apoly.
    Apply
    Use the edit facility, that's what it is there for :wink: .
  • Options
    so are people who went not allowed to say what was discussed/ questions?
  • Options

so are people who went not allowed to say what was discussed/ questions?

They know something you don't nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, :wink: .
  • Options
    Do the club have a strategy for fans not on twitter or Facebook?
  • Options

Someone filmed a good 20 mins of it live on the fb group... it seemed to go pretty well. Slade and 'Nuge' both gave a good insight into things behind the scenes. Slade once again pretty critical of the setup when he arrived. Got a big cheer for sayomg something along the lines of 'when I arrived we weren't starting from zero, things were so bad we were starting from way below zero'. Cracked a few jokes, didn't respond to the suggestion Johnson is a bad influence. The narrative is still very much 'we're making good progress in all areas but we have a way to go yet'.

Ohh and Kashi is in Paris for 'conservative rehab' will take him a while to get back but he is with the best experts.. again he was very critical of the way historical injuries were handled.

Tex is recovering from his mysterious injuries... but has missed so much of preseason will take him a while to get up to fitness will play for the u21s until ready. I interpreted what he said to mean we will see him once or twice before he leaves in Jan.

Ba is recovering from a combination of a couple of small injuries and an illness. He is training with the u21s. He will need to prove the desire is still there and that he wants to play for Charlton. I took this to mean we won't see him again....
    Cheers... Definitely sounds like Kashi and Tex are in the reckoning whilst Ba will train with the U21s before definitely going in January
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Wasn't the club. Was some guy who was there.. was filing Russell between two guys heads with a very shakes hand... sound quality was good though.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Wasn't the club. Was some guy who was there.. was filing Russell between two guys heads with a very shakes hand... sound quality was good though.
    Fair enough.
    Mind you my understanding is the invites were on twitter, might have that wrong though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the snippets everyone. I received the email (at very short notice) and applied out of respect to Slade. The circular stated that numbers would be "limited" but I heard nothing back. Maybe our names were vetted for any disparaging comments made during the season ticket renewal calls!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafc999 said:

I would have gone but didn't know it was happening!

I didn't know about it either.

Maybe the club only targeted selected people
    Thought was open to all season ticket holders
    email sent, with link to apoly.
    Apply
    Use the edit facility, that's what it is there for :wink: .
    Thank you for the reprimand. I will use in future.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Really pleased to hear that he came across well - up to now I feel that he has come across as a bit of a cock if I'm honest.

Maybe that was just the pressure of the transfer window and dealing with KM during that time.

Hopefully we can kick on under his guidance.

• Options
    Damn as someone who likes to use stats a lot myself I'd have loved to have been there to see how the preparation goes into matches (that sort of this really intrigues me)... Seems bat crap crazy that the players didnt have a regime to follow over the summer and hats off to Morgan Fox (only one who's remained) for ensuring he did something over the summer

Interesting remarks in regards to Nicky Ajose as well... Makes me wonder if we'll see him against Wimbledon with Lee Novak making an appearance from the bench for minutes and then against Scunthorpe I wonder if we'll play Novak and Magennis (Unless of course Ajose has a worldy)
  • Options
    Cheers Covered end for your concise and clear reporting of Russell Slade's
    Views on the squad (watch out Cawley and Mendez)
  • Options
    As for the snarling when the opposition come out of the tunnel... How about TCE stands to the side with his dogs?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Fair enough.
    Mind you my understanding is the invites were on twitter, might have that wrong though.
    You have this wrong as the club sent out emails on the 13th September. So if you are not a season ticket holder and have removed yourself from club communications you wouldn't have got it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

'The aim is for a top 6 finish minimum and preferably top 2.

He said if we don’t achieve promotion this season, then we should be in a position, to be much more certain next season.'

anything less than promotion is failure. Thanks for the write up though.

Confidence....

From a man that's never achieved promotion before as a manager of, 23 years? Is that right?

Now I've got my sarcy negative side out the way.

Good luck Russ. We have started rather averagely, but have only lost once.

1st things 1st. If we are serious about promotion.

Sort the defence out. Looks wobbly and poor.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

'The aim is for a top 6 finish minimum and preferably top 2.

He said if we don’t achieve promotion this season, then we should be in a position, to be much more certain next season.'

anything less than promotion is failure. Thanks for the write up though.

Sort the defence out. Looks wobbly and poor.

Doesn't really though does it?

Name a team in league one with a better defensive selection than us, with Solly, Foley, Konsa, Pearce, Bauer, Lennon, Teixeira, Johnson, Fox, Chicksen all in our ranks. Of the goals we have conceded so far they have either been from set pieces (IMO a training and tactical thing more than individual players) or mistakes from midfield.

If you said the midfield looks poor, then I'd agree, but our defence is the least of our concerns
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Fair enough.
    I'm not on twitter, but it was on the OS.
  • Options
    Nobody's fault the club was a shambles when Slade arrived (reports Sue Parkes) ...

Not a dig at you Covered End, by the way. I like Slade, based on what I hear privately as well as what's in the public domain.
  • Options
    Not mentioned by Covered End, but one of Russell's most telling answers...

When asked if he really had any say on transfers, he said "If I don't want them, we don't sign them..."
  • Options
    Normally I post these sort of things on CL, but with the continuing OTT negativity by far too many posters, about every single little thing, I didn’t bother, which is a great shame.

That should say: " from far too many posters on here"

:smiley:
    Just kidding - thanks for the update.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Email, that's how I found out.
  • Options
    Nice to hear some positive things about Slade. At this point, I don't think we could've made a better managerial appointment.

However he will always be working with his hands tied behind his back while this regime remains IMO.