Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Yup I'll be there.
  • Options
    hope there is a big turn out for this, for most this will be the first game of the season.
  • Options
    Just an observation but my Dad did notice people wearing Black and White Protest shirts in Crossbars pre match a recent game, not sure that paying CAFC/Roland extra cash whilst displaying the protest colours is exactly the message we are trying to send?
  • Options

Ketman said:

Just an observation but my Dad did notice people wearing Black and White Protest shirts in Crossbars pre match a recent game, not sure that paying CAFC/Roland extra cash whilst displaying the protest colours is exactly the message we are trying to send?

Maybe not but each to their own.

It does show that those going to games and using bars etc aren't all fans of the regime as some would like make as think. These things aren't black and white (pun intended).
    It's slightly curious, but then while the vast majority of Charlton fans want RD and KM out, that doesn't mean that everyone agrees with how to achieve that aim...

But then I've never bought a replica kit anyway :-)
  • Options
    was gonna try and make it down but as usual south eastern screwing around with trains AGAIN.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    bugger didn't know it was a "protest day" saturday, thought it might be for game for a fiver when there were more people there.
    Ketman said:

same last season would see people in Black & white scarves drinking/eating on the concourse & going into Crossbars afterwards, don't understand it myself.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Ketman said:

Might have been EKA enjoying the free tea and biscuits...............oh hang on a minute they wouldn't have been wearing protest shirts, so scrap that :smirk: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No thanks , pub sounds much more appealing. If anybody wants a protest shirt inbox me as i will have a few with me on Saturday and I can make sure I have the size you require with me
  • Options

bugger didn't know it was a "protest day" saturday

Ketman said:

same last season would see people in Black & white scarves drinking/eating on the concourse & going into Crossbars afterwards, don't understand it myself.
    I stopped purchasing food and drink at home matches about 5 years ago.

No value and standard is normally very poor.

I can possibly understand somebody wanting a beer at halftime though personally if you can't go 105 minutes without having to have a beer you just might have a problem.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to use crossbars, its like a northern conference hall with a bar, absolutely dreadful. Its quite a few years since I've been in there but I can't think it's improved in any way since.
  • Options
    Very good
  • Options
    Good stuff, CARD...

As always.

Support the team NOT the regime.
  • Options

its "valley gold day" saturday so obviously the protestors dont support valley gold either - funny how whenever a protest is planned the witch arranges some sort of day.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016

its "valley gold day" saturday so obviously the protestors dont support valley gold either - funny how whenever a protest is planned the witch arranges some sort of day.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-3309586.aspx

Convenient that all of a sudden its Valley Gold day on Saturday. Its appears to be just being raised as a distraction & a story to sell to the press as opposed to the narrative to the Black & White day that will be grabbing the headlines.
  • Options
    Great stuff CARD. I particularly like the reference to 'our incompetent chief executive'. Sorry I can't be with you tomorrow (elderly family member reasons).One of the shirts I bought has so far been worn in Nottingham and Glasgow and slowly working its way round the UK.
  • Options

Ketman said:

I'll be wearing my black and white protest shirt tomorrow and, as always, I'll be in Crossbars before the game with my parents.

We've been going into Crossbars for years (apart from one year in the Millennium Suite when they hiked up the Crossbars price) and we're not stopping because of RD - we're terrible creatures of habit.

Don't tell us to go to a pub instead; Mum and Dad have never been "pub people" and they're not going to change now, a few months either side of their 70th birthdays - they just want somewhere in the warm and dry to sit for a couple of hours before the game instead of sitting in the car, especially during the winter months.

[Personally, I don't think that boycotting a pre-match glass of coke with the oldies will bring about RD's downfall. That is probably a discussion best kept to one of the many 'boycott this, boycott that'- style threads that have started over the months instead of taking this one off-topic.]
    What do you think will bring down "RDs downfall" and are you party to such actions?
  • Options

bugger didn't know it was a "protest day" saturday, thought it might be for game for a fiver when there were more people there.

Ketman said:

fashonistas .. protesting is the new rock n roll .. super cool and trendy
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Other than the skin colour, the similarities are incredible!
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Other than the skin colour, the similarities are incredible!
    Katrien went that colour after being asked about Karen Brady.
  • Options
    If there isn't a big protest turn out tomorrow then CARD need a re-think.

I really hope people make the effort and attend, I know quite a few of us who have been boycotting are attending and have protests planned.