Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UK facing heavist snowfall in years

13»

Comments

• Options
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-snow-could-hit-8918921

'One weather forecaster has floated the possibility of a white Christmas - but the Met Office says this winter will be 'fairly normal' '

Met office what the hell do they know ?
  • Options
    Six weeks time? That's lucky, I'm back in five weeks so I won't need to bring my skiwear.

Getting used to the cool weather though, it's hardly been above 30 Celsius all week in Phuket.
  • Options

Six weeks time? That's lucky, I'm back in five weeks so I won't need to bring my skiwear.

Getting used to the cool weather though, it's hardly been above 30 Celsius all week in Phuket.

Phukthat ;)
  • Options

Is this the same forecaster who predicted temperatures of over 35 for 8 weeks this summer?

Yup. And who forecasts similar shite every other week (with the weeks in between generally being for things like snow in July, or heatwaves in January)

I don't know why this annoys me as much as it does. There's plenty of other stuff going on in the world that I could be getting pissed off with, but for some reason the very existence of this whole scam makes my shit itch.
    Another Leroy Classic, nothing worse than "itchy shit" :smiley:
    There's one thing worse - scratching it!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

The fields and hills around here are covered in green snow.

It's the yellow snow you want to avoid.

• Options
    It's bollocks!

• Options
    It is bollocks, our dog was dying for a wee:

• Options

It's bollocks!

No it isn't bollocks, it's a:

Owner: Canadian Pacific Railway
    Model: GE ES44AC Built As: CP 8917 (ES44AC)
    Serial Number: 60671 Order No: 1980
    Frame Number: Built: 8/2011

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Indeed a Canadian Pacific train - probably a mile long - going through Roger's Pass as it heads towards Revelstoke in British Columbia. Revelstoke is the best "unknown" ski resort in North America - it should be on the bucket list of any skier or snowboarder...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    bobmunro said:

It's bollocks!

No it isn't bollocks, it's a:

Owner: Canadian Pacific Railway
    Model: GE ES44AC Built As: CP 8917 (ES44AC)
    Serial Number: 60671 Order No: 1980
    Frame Number: Built: 8/2011

I'll get me coat.
    Why does every CL thread have to turn into a wankfest?

Trains..... Phwhooar!!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

Apparently the club have asked for volunteers to clear the ground before Rochdale.

Is the Oldham game off then?

;-)
    Do you know, the saddest thing is that I didn't even realse it was on. That's what these bastards have done :-(
    Neither did I and I was there!!!
  • Options
    Total Bollacks
  • Options
    scaremongering aside, random pub fact for everyone...it's more likely to snow in Easter than it is over Christmas
  • Options

scaremongering aside, random pub fact for everyone...it's more likely to snow in Easter than it is over Christmas

I don't believe that's true.
  • Options
    Easter isn't a fixed date. Not sure how that affects the odds though.
  • Options

Was it a pub in Cape Town?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Was it a pub in Cape Town?
    ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When i lived in Scotland it snowed in june once overnight.
  • Options
    Played cricket in the snow in late April on more than one occasion so can believe the Easter/Xmas Day stat
  • Options
    Would love a massive dump of snow in tge morning. ; )