Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowdwatch - Oldham H

Comments

• Options

Don't worry, folks ....... Roland will build his hotel and luxury apartments on the site of the Jimmy South Stand.
    And there's always Lookman and Konsa to flog off at huge profit.

What does he need supporters for?
    They only get in the way.

• Options
    edited September 2016

LuckyReds said:

still hope .. Scunny and Bury who can muster about 3,500 each for home games are 1 and 2 in the division

Yeah, I don't think the attendances are our issue...

It's a bit like cutting your arm off and moaning about the blood on your shirt, but ignoring the fact you cut your fucking arm off. One thing is a consequence of the other, and the poor attendances are a consequence of the fact we're being run by clueless c*nts.

It would be interesting to see how big Scunny and Bury's grounds are, I presume they're not sitting in a 28,000 seater with it having a maximum of 8k in there.. when actually, counting begins at 6k.

There's a lot of reasons why the Scunny and Bury point is a bit stupid actually.
    stupid is a wee bit insulting old boy ((:>).. the point is that big grounds, big attendances etc. etc. do not a BIG club make .. what these outfits lack in 'size' is made up by ambition, spirit, careful management and ownership .. AND .. decent players playing to a pattern that they can all relate to and understand
    Apologies, it wasn't meant to be insulting! I went off on a bit of a rant, and I think consequently added to the post the more I stewed on it.

I wasn't entirely sure at first whether you were suggesting the attendances were our problem though, and that's why I was a bit.. er.. stumped! We're definitely singing from the same page though, and I do think that we've been lacking morale and comradery on the pitch more than anything. I think Powell was very good at building a team with the required mind-set and togetherness to succeed.

We've had some pretty decent players over the past 2 years, and we've definitely got some of the best facilities in the league. What we're missing is something we can't buy or get in on loan: and that's a vision for the future, the mindset to achieve it and the expertise to foster it.

One day!
  • Options

where are all the dedicated protesters ?

Where are all the dedicated fans?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Davo55 said:

Uboat said:

When SCP was in charge i would think nothing of driving for an hour and a half to watch Charlton play Oldham on a Tuesday night. Today it didn't even cross my mind for a second that i might go to this game.

So, to conclude, fuck off Roland. Fuck off Katrien. Fuck off Thomas. Fuck off Sue. Fuck off that Mandy woman from the ticket office. Fuck off East Kent Addicks. Fuck off Richard. Fuck off Target 20k.

And Fuck off Tony. Hate that smug bully bastard.
    I knew I'd forgotten someone.
    Easily done...
  • Options

7,000 down on the average last season. As for bums on seats nearer 5,500

What have the apologists got to say about this?

I'd agree - don't think there was anything more than 6 or 7,000 in the stadium tonight.

Thought you weren't going home games anymore by the way ?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

still hope .. Scunny and Bury who can muster about 3,500 each for home games are 1 and 2 in the division

Yeah, I don't think the attendances are our issue...

It's a bit like cutting your arm off and moaning about the blood on your shirt, but ignoring the fact you cut your fucking arm off. One thing is a consequence of the other, and the poor attendances are a consequence of the fact we're being run by clueless c*nts.

It would be interesting to see how big Scunny and Bury's grounds are, I presume they're not sitting in a 28,000 seater with it having a maximum of 8k in there.. when actually, counting begins at 6k.

There's a lot of reasons why the Scunny and Bury point is a bit stupid actually.
    stupid is a wee bit insulting old boy ((:>).. the point is that big grounds, big attendances etc. etc. do not a BIG club make .. what these outfits lack in 'size' is made up by ambition, spirit, careful management and ownership .. AND .. decent players playing to a pattern that they can all relate to and understand
    Apologies, it wasn't meant to be insulting! I went off on a bit of a rant, and I think consequently added to the post the more I stewed on it.

I wasn't entirely sure at first whether you were suggesting the attendances were our problem though, and that's why I was a bit.. er.. stumped! We're definitely singing from the same page though, and I do think that we've been lacking morale and comradery on the pitch more than anything. I think Powell was very good at building a team with the required mind-set and togetherness to succeed.

We've had some pretty decent players over the past 2 years, and we've definitely got some of the best facilities in the league. What we're missing is something we can't buy or get in on loan: and that's a vision for the future, the mindset to achieve it and the expertise to foster it.

One day!
    great post .. you've expressed a lot of my thoughts far better than I've done
  • Options
    WSS said:

8,745 officially. Not sure the "in the ground" figure is.

7,000?

Comfortably fit in the 6000 capacity East Stand
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'd agree - don't think there was anything more than 6 or 7,000 in the stadium tonight.

Got a freebie.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those pictures have upset me.....I'm totally gobsmacked.....how sad how very very sad....when will they realise its not working.....if they wont go (which I do not believe they will, sadly) then please god change, not just a little but a complete 90 degree turn, the club is dying.
    This is not as a result of just the protests, its a result of poor football and results on the pitch. I can say no more.
  • Options
    The Oldham Massive.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Got a freebie.

You spend your life getting freebies Elfs. Time you bought a round.
  • Options
    The famous East Terrace
  • Options
    The West
    What the hell has happened to our club?
  • Options
    8,000 my arse! I tried the east stand for a change and I was so bored I was tempted to actually count the people! I'd be surprised if there were more than 5,000 here. Only one way this club is going and it aint up!
  • Options

se9addick said:

Got a freebie.

You spend your life getting freebies Elfs. Time you bought a round.
    3 pints and a bottle of wine please barman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the club claims 8000+ which would be a fraction under one third full. There is no way those photos show a third-full ground. If you reckon 25% take-up then you are just under 7000 which is probably right. Unless they have decided to count those boycotting, in the same way they count season-ticket holders who don't turn up.

Seriously, the claims and the reality are way too far apart for it to be a mistake.
  • Options

On the plus side, the prawn sandwiches enjoyed by Katrien and Sue were lovely, and it's a much more pleasant atmosphere for them to watch a side piss away another two points than last year with all those horrible oiks chanting and throwing things.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The famous East Terrace

That takes 6000 when full. What do you reckon? 1500 in there at most?
  • Options
    8745 is the new 817
  • Options

where are all the dedicated protesters ?

erm ........? possibly boycotting ?
  • Options
    I'm a touch optimistic when guessing our attendances and I'd say there was a maximum 5000 there tonight and probably more like 4200.

1000 in the West, 1000 in the East, 2000 in the North and about 200 Oldham.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The West
    What the hell has happened to our club?

PR this this meire you shit head
  • Options
    We haven't hit bottom yet.
  • Options
    Squirrel face will be aware of the 817 gate and will certainly massage the attendance next Tuesday.
    I'm f***** if there will be more than that there on the night.