Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crowdwatch - Oldham H

124»

Comments

• This was my pic. I took it because I was so shocked at how few people were in the ground.

The last two years have been a salutary lesson in how to destroy a famous football club. Hope you're happy Roland, Katrien and Tony.

7,000 down on the average last season. As for bums on seats nearer 5,500

What have the apologists got to say about this?

Sorry?
  • mogodon said:

Greenie said:

The famous East Terrace

That takes 6000 when full. What do you reckon? 1500 in there at most?
    At most, it's a terrible sight!
  • Sage said:

As many have said so far, this isn't our club anymore. This is a club that is dying right before our very eyes. It's beyond our control and so many of us are beyond caring too.

This is what is so sad and upsetting. We will always love the club we know, but what this regime have done is probably beyond anything we could've imagined even this time last year.

I know everyone is different etc but as a bit of an indicator on how the club is fading / evolving, 137 of my friends on Facebook are Charlton fans. Virtually of them have at stages over the last 10 years or so been regular attendees.

I estimate just 10 were at The Valley last night, and 4 of those were on freebies / working. Only one of them 'checked in' at The Valley, and 1 other made a reference to being there.

Of the other 127, not one of them made any reference to us playing last night.

This club has been losing supporters for years now. But this regime has additionally killed the love of what just a year or two ago you would have classed as diehards.

The reality is, unless they go soon, a lot of these people will simply never be recaptured. And it won't be just them that are missed, these people (particularly the age of the vast majority of my friends) were the suppliers of the next generation.

Tuesday night is training night at the fire station and I used to have to make up the hours as I always attended the home games, the last few years I have avidly followed the game on my phone (hopefully in a secret manner), last night I only discovered the result when turning SSN to see if Fat Sam had gone gone at around 10:30.
  • Greenie said:

The West
    What the hell has happened to our club?

PR this this meire you shit head
    Probably because a lot of customers don't want to share the same stand.....
  • Some lovely pics of the goal nets there.....so proud.
  • We haven't hit bottom yet.

Shouldn't this comment be on Not Sports Related ?
  • Sponsored links:

• We haven't hit bottom yet.

Shouldn't this comment be on Not Sports Related ?
    lol .. or at least in the 'Naughty Sports' section
  • Sage said:

As many have said so far, this isn't our club anymore. This is a club that is dying right before our very eyes. It's beyond our control and so many of us are beyond caring too.

This is what is so sad and upsetting. We will always love the club we know, but what this regime have done is probably beyond anything we could've imagined even this time last year.

I know everyone is different etc but as a bit of an indicator on how the club is fading / evolving, 137 of my friends on Facebook are Charlton fans. Virtually of them have at stages over the last 10 years or so been regular attendees.

I estimate just 10 were at The Valley last night, and 4 of those were on freebies / working. Only one of them 'checked in' at The Valley, and 1 other made a reference to being there.

Of the other 127, not one of them made any reference to us playing last night.

This club has been losing supporters for years now. But this regime has additionally killed the love of what just a year or two ago you would have classed as diehards.

The reality is, unless they go soon, a lot of these people will simply never be recaptured. And it won't be just them that are missed, these people (particularly the age of the vast majority of my friends) were the suppliers of the next generation.

I completely agree with you, out of all of my Charlton friends, only one went last night and he was volunteering in the family zone so got a freebie himself.

Many are not going anymore due to the protests, and others as you have said is due to the fact that we are losing fans all the time for multiple reasons.

The fact is, I believe, that had we have had different owners, or Roland have had a different way of doing things, we had potential to really recapture the ones we had already started to lose and push on. I mean you only have to take a look at Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield, the two sides who got promoted last time with us, to see how doing things right and working together with the fans can create something positive.

Instead the attendances will no doubt continue to drop with more people losing interest and that's what makes it even more sad and upsetting in my opinion. Because without that core interest, where is the next generation coming from to fight for our club in future when the older fans just won't be able to anymore?

It's different for me, I'm 21 so have years in front of me with hopefully my kids becoming Charlton fans, but they won't be interested as much as I would like in future when they see a club I used to love, struggling to get by and recover from the damage that is being done now.

That's why we need to step up things right to the limit. Otherwise I don't think it's an exaggeration anymore to think the worst could actually happen to our club.
  • sam3110 said:

4 less than normal as me and the family currently enjoying a bottle of Rosé in a villa up in the Vilamoura hills

What hills? :wink:
  • crap photos and not large enough (photos or crowd).

Sack the photographer
  • Bastards!

In the vastness of the Cosmos, there must be a meteorite out there, that one day will be on a collision course with planet Earth and specifically with S.E London. It will do only minimal damage to Woolwich Common at 03.00am on impact but will release a strange bacterial spore. that is fatal to only people that come from Belgium, who choke on their own pomposity and bullshit...

That was my weird dream last night.